Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

orion is a POS map

OP KeyPuppet624621

Whoever designed this map needs to be fired. It is so bad it doesn't even need an explanation
Please explain why this is a bad map.
Pegesas is trash orion is way better. I prefer orion over truth and empire even.
343... this map is good in design but it has WAAAAY to many power weapons at once,(Hydra,Energy Sword, and Snipers(2).... thats one each power weapon for one team... so pls take out the Hydra and energy sword because its not the type of map to have those so just keep it simple for Orion.... cause if your gonna add power weapons, then youll might as well add the rocket just to be even more stupid
I think Orion is a terrible map because once your team picks up the snipe, you can pitch a tent on one side and win ezpz. The only way to win on this map is to camp one side of the map which is a terribly boring playstyle for Halo. Every game I have played on this map is completely one sided.

Your only option as the other team if your opponents have the snipe is to wait for the next snipe spawn. Even worse is as soon as you get the snipe and try to shoot at the enemy team, your screen turns into a ball of light from the sun and you cant see anything.

It is a poorly designed map and I hope 343 steers away from this style of maps when they make maps for the final game.
Agreed. It's one of the worst maps Halo has ever seen. There's no apparent rhyme or reason for the design or placement of any of the structures or bases.
I think Orion is a terrible map because once your team picks up the snipe, you can pitch a tent on one side and win ezpz. The only way to win on this map is to camp one side of the map which is a terribly boring playstyle for Halo. Every game I have played on this map is completely one sided.

Your only option as the other team if your opponents have the snipe is to wait for the next snipe spawn. Even worse is as soon as you get the snipe and try to shoot at the enemy team, your screen turns into a ball of light from the sun and you cant see anything.

It is a poorly designed map and I hope 343 steers away from this style of maps when they make maps for the final game.
by your description of the map, it sounds like player skill is low.
ill let you take the snipes, my BR works well, and ive played close games AND blowout games on all maps and gametypes
I am ranked Semi-Pro in slayer and Strongholds. I am by no means amazing but every game I have played on Orion has been high level. Good players know how to exploit weapons and OP areas of the map and Orion is full of both
the ranking system has admitted flaw from 343. teamwork will usually offset a lonewolf semipro.

personally, I like its simplicity and open feel. its not a flawless map, but it works well
Orion is better than any Map available so far in this beta.
BlacKxMasS wrote:
Orion is better than any Map available so far in this beta.
Then I'm not buying Halo5.

Half of Orion blinds the players because 343 forgot they're making Halo games. There is no incentive to move on the map after the initial rush for Power weapons. Too risky and no point. Everyone just holes up and pings each other. It's an amateur design to put it KINDLY.
I haven't had issues with being "blinded"

as for the people you're playing with/against camping, I assume that's more of a player style.
the guys I game with are always communicating and pressuring from different sides to open the score
b12ickt0p wrote:

as for the people you're playing with/against camping, I assume that's more of a player style.
the guys I game with are always communicating and pressuring from different sides to open the score
Look left. Blinded.

Played against a smart team. My team was smart. Nobody leaves the top bases. Why would you.

That map needs Camo and OS power ups to fight for. And cover in the middle. And radar off.
b12ickt0p wrote:

Look left. Blinded.

Played against a smart team. My team was smart. Nobody leaves the top bases. Why would you.

That map needs Camo and OS power ups to fight for. And cover in the middle. And radar off.
I can agree with you there.
love the powerups of HCE style play