1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
They already do it, just look at the Pro Team skins. Is that not advertising?
Yeah, that's what got me thinking about it.
It's not corporate sponsorship it's more the other way round cause they don't pay for it.

Its more like halo or the players are sponsoring the teams.
That seems kind of silly to me. I'd rather them make legacy weapon skins based on previous Halo games you've played before (obviously tied to that account).
I feel like the only game I've seen real advertisements while in game was Tom Clancy's: Rainbow Six. On one of the multi-player maps there were movie posters and it had actual movies that were being released around that time.

In theory it would be kind of a neat idea. I mean they would be making money from the advertisements and everything but I'm not sure how I would feel about having a big Tampax logo on my sniper rifle. lol If it were kept to modes that made sense, like Breakout or Grifball/Riftball I would probably be cool with it because those modes are more like sporting events. In Breakout you can hear a crowd roar before the match and then you team shows up on a big monitor at end game.

Overall, though I don't think the idea would fly very well with the population. Neat in theory but in practice I don't think it would translate.

Now if it were fictional firearm manufacturers that would do well I think. Kind of how Borderlands did it. I kind of feel that what they are going for now with the weapon skins but they don't feel so much like sponsors as just skins.
I can only dream of having a Budweiser skin.. or a Jack Daniels skin.
What if Halo 5 had corporate sponsored advertised weapon skins. Basically like how companies advertise on NASCAR cars. A company wpuld pay 343 to have their logo on a weapon skin. We would be able to unlock the skins for free. You could get that Taco Bell or Mountain Dew weapon skin. If they had a Miller Lite weapon skin lol, I would be all about it.
I think your proposition is irrelvant with the Halo univers.
What's the point for a spartan to have a Taco Bell assault rifle skin ?
What if Halo 5 had corporate sponsored advertised weapon skins. Basically like how companies advertise on NASCAR cars. A company wpuld pay 343 to have their logo on a weapon skin. We would be able to unlock the skins for free. You could get that Taco Bell or Mountain Dew weapon skin. If they had a Miller Lite weapon skin lol, I would be all about it.
DESTINY WEAPON SKIN!! YEAH!
This would be making Halo too similar to the modern Call of Dutys; trying to do fun ideas which are just game breaking.
This is a great idea! Maybe even come up with a way to make your own Spartan company skin.
Skins for in game corporations who make weapons and spartan armours would be amazing. I would absolutely love it if they started advertising with big name franchise such as nike, adidas, Pepsi, etc. This could work in the form of in game cutscenes, weapons and armour skins, logos, etc. Now obviously this would be free, and of course say buying a pepsi can will get you a free code to unlock these req's and others more quickly. Now if this is implemented in halo 6, we would have proper advertisement in-between matches rather than that repetitive montages and 4 months old update advertisements. Not only this due to the avenue from advertisement the req prices can be cheaper both in game and real money purchases. So yea
What if they actually had proper lore friendly skins ...... Would kill for some camo skins or more simple not over the top ones
What company would want to invest in a video game that is not even at the top of the most played list.
I want a FaZe skin. (Yes I know, FaZe do not play halo 5 but I wish it could happen).
I want a Metallica themed skin! It could be thier logo or maybe an album cover like Kill 'Em All or Load.
Why not
I think its a good idea! use the extra profit for the development team or for tournament payouts or whatever really! Them having more money is good for us.....
probably will be hundreds of weapons skills will make the grind in req system even more frustration
If this actually happened, the game Halo wouldnt be Halo... it be "Halo.... Come place your advertisment here today" type of deal. I like what your thinking its completely a big marketing strategy for sure but it wouldn't make Halo... Halo. Even though the game already has weapon skins, I don't think 343i would go and be able to pay advertised businesses. But that's just what I believe.
That'd be cool, like a pepsi and a mnt. dew one.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7