Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Paid DLC after WZ Firefight??

OP Heeb614

So I ran into an article mentioning the Hog Wild and WZ firefight updates. At the end they say that "all subsequent DLC will be paid." I don't wanna believe this because its from CinemaBlend (legit?) and its poorly written, but it's also making me wonder if that's really happening.

Here's the link: http://www.cinemablend.com/m/games/Halo-5-June-Expansion-Details-Have-Been-Revealed-139767.html (sorry can't lazy link yet)
I would wait until 343i confirms it. My guess is more free content seeing how well the REQ system has been working out for them, but who knows maybe they will make it paid.
I would wait until 343i confirms it. My guess is more free content seeing how well the REQ system has been working out for them, but who knows maybe they will make it paid.
I am pretty sure they are making enough money from REQs but if they do make it paid DLC I would be surprised.....I think it would be smarter to do an expansion. But I doubt that.
I want paid DLC. It seems when 343 doesn't get paid for something they get lazy. If we paid $$$ for awesome Warzone maps and stuff hopefully they'd do it!
tbh i don't think half the community will be buying the DLC. I know i won't; unless they make it required for Team Arena like Bungie did the MLG playlist for H3.
Don't trust the article.
That makes no sense though, the whole reason for free monthly add ons was so 343i don't segregate the playerbase.

I did like Halo 4 and had the season pass (limited edition) but the amount of people playing on the new maps was piss poor. I'm pretty sure they ended up removing the dlc map playlists at some point. They were neat maps but I don't think I even got to play on all of them.
Regardless of how we get it (free or paid), I just hope there's more to come! And I am more than willing to pay for it if need be!
I would not say that. 343 has said that they did the micro transaction system so that no one has made to feel left out because they could not afford with there wallet
If they give us a classic playlist... I'll be good.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Besides 343 said paid DLC divides the community and they don't want that
It's Halo I will always pay up, hate all you want, but I got Halo 5 for 10 bucks and haven't spent a dime on reqs.
I mean personally, I wouldn't mind if after firefight we got paid DLC, I mean we got all the essentials for free. Paying $15 for a few maps here and there wouldn't be too bad. Worst thing to come of this we all save our cash and not by it and wait till it becomes free as well
but that's just me, I just hope it doesn't happen, but if it does it's not the worst thing possible
I'm sure Frank o Conner confirmed all dlc that directly affects online, like maps would always be free as to not divide the multiplayer base.