Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Pay to Win? How is this game Pay to Win?

OP HotShot 24 700

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. ...
  8. 9
As for my actual 2 cents about it being pay to win; it's balanced by the warzone energy level system and its only pay to win if its better to pay for it rather than earn it in game. Also just to add another 2 cents whether I agree with micro-transactions; I only have an issue if the DLC is paid I can understand them when the DLC is free cos they've got to pay their employees somehow (even if they are Microsoft) but games like battlefield I disagree with cos then they are charging for DLC as well.
I guess you can call it P2W if you take Warzone seriously.
You can buy a Warzone bundle for almost $30USD that has a ton of cards in there of high quality including but not limited to guns, armor powers, power weapons, vehicles, powerups, etc. Sure those of us who decide we will play the game as it was intended and not use our mother's credit card can potentially be beaten by real world money. Because with real world money, someone on the enemy team could have crazy modded guns, 100+ Scorpions and other vehicles, the possibilities are endless.

I wouldn't really call it pay to win though, because I don't really care about Warzone. Warzone is pretty much Social/Unranked AFAIK. It would be bad if people could use the loadout REQ's in Arena, then someone could really say it's P2W and unfair/unbalanced.
I agree! I have opened like 50 gold packs and I have payed for one. I use req points and not once have I opened a gold pack and got a card that said victory on it! I use req cards depending on what's happening in the match. Everyone has exact amount of resources to get good cards that will help in certain situations. Like I said yet to pay for a req pack and still have opened at least 50 from points! This community just complains and wets the bed over every little thing!
they should make a simple card trading system
ChieftaiNZ wrote:
Most people don't now what Pay2Win actually means.

Pay2Win means that an item that can only be bought with real money is far better than an item that can be earned for free.
Um... duh.

That's exactly what happens when you buy a dozen Gold Packs; better items.

Arena isn't P2W, but Warzone definitely is.
I hate the whole Play2Win thing with all games. But agreed, people are losing money just to get their -Yoinks!- kicked in Warzone. I've tried, there is no real advantage to it. The surefire way to win at Warzone is Field Communication among the 12 man team, that's it.
TacoAmigo wrote:
I hate the whole Play2Win thing with all games. But agreed, people are losing money just to get their -Yoinks!- kicked in Warzone. I've tried, there is no real advantage to it. The surefire way to win at Warzone is Field Communication among the 12 man team, that's it.
unsure, having a steady supply of 20+ sword Banshees sure helps.
Just because you buy something doesn't mean you have an advantage over the other team. Team work is way more important then just some guy getting a tank or power weapon out of a lucky draw. you can call it P2W but paying for something doesn't make you unstoppable. it easy to stop player with power weapons with a standard BR and all your have to do to beat a tank is rush it with 3 to 4 player someone will get it.
That mantis that just blew you to hell--how do you know if it came from a req pack purchased with money or req points? You don't. So I don't see what it matters. Especially in that casual-fest that is Warzone.
I would be the first to make a stink about exploitative microtransactions in a halo game. The req system just isn't checking those boxes.
LUCENT 76 wrote:
If you can pay for an advantage then its Pay to win.
your not really paying for an advantage you can spend 2.69 and get useful items
useless*
LUCENT 76 wrote:
If you can pay for an advantage then its Pay to win.
your not really paying for an advantage you can spend 2.69 and get useful items
useless
I think the req system is fairly balanced in warzone, I have destroyed a few ultra wraiths and most of the ultra rare vehicles have some extra gimmick, like the ultra wraith firing a cluster round. the requistions add some edge, but special vehicles and weapons are useless if your team is crap.
You people are in denial, be honest with yourself Warzone caters to those who pay.
Simple - it's not.
You people are in denial, be honest with yourself Warzone caters to those who pay.
Well I don't agree there, if you buy them with cash or with points, the only difference is how fast you get them and paying 2 bucks to get a golden req pack sooner doesn't unbalance a game were team work is key.

I have seen people driving in their ONI scorpions only to be blasted to hell. Teamwork is way more important than some special little tank.
I agree, friend spent 100$ and still sucks.
War zone is definitely pay to win if the team knows how to use reqs but I still feel they did a good job on balancing the Reqs it's not like you can just keep spamming scorpions or snipers the whole game
Just a lot of unnecessary complaining about insignificant features in the game. The reg system is great. Warzone is great. Halo 5 is great. Is there room for improvement? Sure as it is obvious that no one can make any whiny -Yoink- Halo fan truly happy! Thank you 343 for making another Halo game for me to play.
Warzone is not pay to win, because you can literally spend $100 dollars and you get no major advantage in the game that can't be gained from playing the game, and in fact there is actually a chance you won't get much at all from the packs. The REQ energy system also prevents overuse of good cards. I have only had the ability to use a mantis three times, as it is a high level card, and that is usually within the last two minutes of the match, which is usually not enough to secure a victory. The payout for req points is high enough that you could also get a gold pack within 45 minutes, at most.
you don't get better drops till you level higher. So buy what you want. It's better to earn it anyways.
It's okay to occasionally spend your money on a Gold REQ pack or two, but if you're doing this for ten Gold REQ packs with your own money on a daily basis then it's an addiction. I normally prefer to buy these the hard way or only use my real money for them if I'm really that desperate which isn't very frequent
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. ...
  8. 9