Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] People need to stop complaining about split screen

OP iKatastor

You can't rate a game bad just because of split screen was removed, thats just dumb.
Nice that it isn't an issue for you.
As much as I hate haters. Hating the haters ain't gonna make hate stop. So I hate hater haters. Stop hateing the hateing and I'll stop hating the hater hater.

OT: Splitscreen has always been a vital part of halo. It's probably one of the few things which you should accept haters.
I am disappointed there's no split-screen. Growing up playing games me and my friends would always have "Halo Parties" where we'd play on Legendary and pass the controller around when one of us died (and there'd always be "that guy" who simply HAS to invert the looking pitch every time). As we got older and the newer games came out we'd start throwing alcohol into the mix. It was great!

Now I'm older. I have a family. There's no longer any time for that kind of thing (or if there is we don't want to make any noise for fear of waking my daughter). Not having split-screen in Halo 5 won't actually make a blind bit of difference to me in reality, but I am sad that the current generation of younger gamers (and even older ones that still can) won't get those experiences I had if they want to play the newer titles. Those experiences made my teenage life bearable. It got me through some of the darkest hours. Now it's not possible in the same way. That saddens me a little.
Yeah it kinda sucks that there is no split screen, but were getting more further with technology, there's gonna be more games without split screen.
iKatastor wrote:
Yeah it kinda sucks that there is no split screen, but were getting more further with technology, there's gonna be more games without split screen.
..............this statement makes 0 sense

our technology is getting better, therefore we can't do something we could easily do on older technology?
Hear, hear!
Most unsocial game ever. No split screen is just stupid. If it wasn't for split i never would have played/Loved the game..
Just make a split screen whine thread a sticky and have them all post there to stop spamming our forum.
Daiyus wrote:
I am disappointed there's no split-screen. Growing up playing games me and my friends would always have "Halo Parties" where we'd play on Legendary and pass the controller around when one of us died (and there'd always be "that guy" who simply HAS to invert the looking pitch every time). As we got older and the newer games came out we'd start throwing alcohol into the mix. It was great!

Now I'm older. I have a family. There's no longer any time for that kind of thing (or if there is we don't want to make any noise for fear of waking my daughter). Not having split-screen in Halo 5 won't actually make a blind bit of difference to me in reality, but I am sad that the current generation of younger gamers (and even older ones that still can) won't get those experiences I had if they want to play the newer titles. Those experiences made my teenage life bearable. It got me through some of the darkest hours. Now it's not possible in the same way. That saddens me a little.
I had the same experience growing up. Up until recently, my husband and I still had Halo nights with mates. The move toward co-op online (only) is making gaming more anti-social. Quite frankly, the only reason I ever played Halo was because of the split-screen option and my husband coercing me into playing with him (I'm a Playstation girl).

We don't have kids and still enjoy gaming with each other and with friends but the pool of split-screen games is drying up fast.
Just make a split screen whine thread a sticky and have them all post there to stop spamming our forum.
That is actually a very good idea.
I would LOVE split-Screen but even if it never shows up I will continue to play and have fun with Halo 5. 343 have done an outstanding job!!!
As much as I hate haters. Hating the haters ain't gonna make hate stop. So I hate hater haters. Stop hateing the hateing and I'll stop hating the hater hater.

OT: Splitscreen has always been a vital part of halo. It's probably one of the few things which you should accept haters.
xD I love this
That is actually a very good idea.
They may need their own sub forum there are so many.
343 made a tough choice. Was it the correct choice? Probably. I'd imagine it must have been a big issue if they had to take it out completely. There were probably a ton of problems running splitscreen, game breaking maybe. Knowing how butthurt everyone gets, they probably chose the lesser of two evils.

If they would have kept it in and it ran like -Yoink-, people would still whine and moan about how they ruined Halo.

Frankly I'm okay with their decision. I play online with friends anyway and its still a blast.
Sorry, but people can complain about split screen if they want to. At least they have something worthwhile to say. Same can't be said about people complaining about people complaining.