OP ZaDoomo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
LethalQ wrote:
How do you excatly know some one is playing soical like ranked? What are the signs? I mean do you go into soical and be like yeah I was going to shoot other players but I think I will just run around and shoot the wall or something? Am I supposed to go into soical and hold back in the name of other players fun? How do I know what is fun to them? It's all so confusing 🙂
It can be confusing I can tell when someone is screaming in their mic and I hear their buttons getting destroyed that they are playing like it's ranked
I play with the goal in mind to do my best in each and every game and to win each and every game whether it be social, ranked or warzone. although i have to admit, i am a bit more easy going in warzone.
ZaDoomo wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
I play to win no matter what playlist I am in except warzone. Warzone (either regular, firefight or turbo) I may not necessarily play to win every time. As sometimes for fun I will give myself rules like only use random req cards or no reqs only load outs, or can't shoot at all only splatters in vehicles.
Like I said, I understand people play to win and like to do good, I just don't see the appeal in sweating in game modes that are meant for pure fun, sweating just takes the fun out of it for players that are going to social for what it's meant for
In a way the "sweaties" in the community is helping less skilled players get better xD waiting for triggered response I do not consider myself good by any means but am a sweat in social I like high kds
UEG Knotty wrote:
ZaDoomo wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
I play to win no matter what playlist I am in except warzone. Warzone (either regular, firefight or turbo) I may not necessarily play to win every time. As sometimes for fun I will give myself rules like only use random req cards or no reqs only load outs, or can't shoot at all only splatters in vehicles.
Like I said, I understand people play to win and like to do good, I just don't see the appeal in sweating in game modes that are meant for pure fun, sweating just takes the fun out of it for players that are going to social for what it's meant for
In a way the "sweaties" in the community is helping less skilled players get better xD waiting for triggered response I do not consider myself good by any means but am a sweat in social I like high kds
Yeah that's one of the reasons I think Smurf help the community I constantly matched smurfs when i first started playing and it really really helped out lol
I just play to play. I don't care how others play the game.

I take that back, the only time I do care is if they're team killing, AFK, or committing suicide to purposely throw the game.
HaXoR73 wrote:
Dan117x wrote:
Social or not, I wanna win :P. I still have fun doing so though.
Just to add on, social gamemodes are more fun if you're rolling with some good friends. Definitely adds that opportunity to screw around and whatnot.
Yeah social is a lot of fun. I remember playing tons of social games in H3 with my friends who weren't really good enough to play ranked with lol.
This is Halo 5, the game was forced with competitive except for Infection & action sack

One of the main reasons why I put the game down for good, people sweat in this game like the game is their life, Halo 3 I remember was always layed back all the time, Halo 5 is just forced competive
This ^, there is no such thing as casual in this game. The game has been serious since it first came out in 2015, that's not changing.
Honestly the only thing I do differently between ranked and non ranked is this:

non ranked: I play alone, or with friends and don’t do call outs.

ranked: I play with a set group of friends and we do call outs.

literally I don’t believe I go “try hard” because I’d rather just play and get better naturally playing than trying my heart out.
I play to win regardless of ranked or social, which means my play style doesn't change between the two. That's why I play social like it's ranked.
This is Halo 5, the game was forced with competitive except for Infection & action sack

One of the main reasons why I put the game down for good, people sweat in this game like the game is their life, Halo 3 I remember was always layed back all the time, Halo 5 is just forced competive
You summed up my feelings and beliefs regarding Halo 5 perfectly, even down to it being a major reason you left the game. It doesn't help that I know quite a few people who play infection super sweaty as well. On another note, Halo Reach also seemed pretty laid back from what I remember.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content. Do not post about moderation decisions.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Post-mod edit: I knew I was gonna get modded, and only because the thing can't really get deleted. Well, screw freedom of speech I guess. Actually don't, since I defend full freedon of speech with a passion and will fight anyone trying to cut it just because some people feel offended. It's just way too easy to offend someone and have them jumping over your head with not even a full word. I didn't even directly insulted anyone (and I easily could've), I just spoke my mind the way I feel things. If you're telling me I can't speak my thoughts, then you got another thing coming with me. Unless big bad mods decide to fully ban me, to which I say boo-hoo I'm so sad and scared of them going the easy route and silencing me like the Prophets silenced the Heretics, cause I theoretically can't even question moderation decisions, what are you, some sort of allmighty god? Well I'm an atheist so suck it in. My post still got 4 likes so that proves I ain't fully alone here.
I play to win in both social and ranked. Social just means I don't have to worry about dropping rank. I think the words tryhard and sweaty are thrown out there far too often.
I don't get why high-skilled players, or smurfs sweat so much in a Social Playlist. I'm guessing it's to annoy the new players. In a game of BTB, I found out my team and I were fighting a full Achilles team...it ended with my team and I getting many, many t-bags in the Social Game.
Personally I enjoy social playlists, but I won’t stop playing because I out play casuals. Social isn’t just for casuals it’s for everyone, and any skill level.
I don't get why high-skilled players, or smurfs sweat so much in a Social Playlist. I'm guessing it's to annoy the new players. In a game of BTB, I found out my team and I were fighting a full Achilles team...it ended with my team and I getting many, many t-bags in the Social Game.
I don't really see the relation in your current explanation. Being in party doesn't automatically mean they were trying.
Well, it's not like there's a ranked BTB playlist. There's only one, and people who play it aren't going to start purposefully missing and making mistakes to give their opponents a chance.
I play BTB as hard as I possibly can. Unless it’s clear I’m against a team of lower skilled players. Then I usually just mess around to avoid massive quits on the other team. But under normal circumstances I’m timing power ups, my banshee and yours as well. I try harder in btb than HCS. The rank has nothing to do with it. Just playing 8v8 with the added dynamics of vehicles is just more enjoyable than 4 man imo.

I play warzone and warzone assault way more casually than btb but there are teams and players who put a lot of strat work into these modes, they try really hard as well. I used to play warzone like this but now it is a very casual mode for me. There’s nothing wrong with either IMO. Just because you don’t want to sweat we can’t criticize players for playing the game they paid for the way the want to.

I like to play against the best best players in btb because I feel I learn something from them. Even if I get my butt handed to me. I can’t stand playing against a very high skilled team in hcs. It just isn’t fun for me.

TLDR- everyone’s perspective and enjoyment of this game is different. I don’t think we can criticize players for playing a play style they enjoy.
The game just isn't meant to be played for "fun". It's competitive through and through. They can try their hardest to put social gamemodes in, but the core is competitive, so it will always feel sweaty. The only playlist that isn't that way is Super Fiesta, IMO. It's the only playlist I can go into and just screw around in and have it feel fun.
Thats why Halo is dead...Gone are the days where you play with your homies just for the fun of Halo....Now its super try-hard and competitive and thats not just halo but a lot of games now....
The game just isn't meant to be played for "fun". It's competitive through and through. They can try their hardest to put social gamemodes in, but the core is competitive, so it will always feel sweaty. The only playlist that isn't that way is Super Fiesta, IMO. It's the only playlist I can go into and just screw around in and have it feel fun.
Thats why Halo is dead...Gone are the days where you play with your homies just for the fun of Halo....Now its super try-hard and competitive and thats not just halo but a lot of games now....
Preach. We must stop it before it spreads.
Social playlists are also there to let people play how they want to play.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4