Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Permanent warzone turbo?

OP CarCrazyCanuk

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hello everyone! I have not written a forum in a long time because of other games taking up my free time but I decided to come back to halo after hearing that warzone turbo was coming back for a weekend. Sadly, it was last weekend And I jumped onto the servers today to find that it was gone. Halo 5 is getting close to the end of it's lifetime and many people still have hundreds to thousands of reqs to burn. If 343 brought back warzone turbo as a permanent mode, people still playing the game wouldn't have to wait for their req energy during the painfully long recharge rate In order to call in another. Also, there is another reason to bring warzone turbo into matchmaking; It's chaotic and fun!

What do you guys think? should 343 bring back warzone turbo or not and why?
Hello everyone! I have not written a forum in a long time because of other games taking up my free time but I decided to come back to halo after hearing that warzone turbo was coming back for a weekend. Sadly, it was last weekend And I jumped onto the servers today to find that it was gone. Halo 5 is getting close to the end of it's lifetime and many people still have hundreds to thousands of reqs to burn. If 343 brought back warzone turbo as a permanent mode, people still playing the game wouldn't have to wait for their req energy during the painfully long recharge rate In order to call in another. Also, there is another reason to bring warzone turbo into matchmaking; It's chaotic and fun!

Probably would be a good way for them to boost req pack sales late in the games cycle, revenue wise.
I don't think permanent Turbo would work. The whole point of the mode was created was to encourage people to waste resources as quickly as possible, well having it on 24/7 would mean a lot of people would burn through them too quickly and eventually the game mode would dry up of resources. Also it could sort of effect other modes like normal Warzone due to resources count.

I might be wrong but last month was Turbo at the end of the month, I think there doing it again at the end of this month so maybe it's in a rotation every month now so it should be enough time for people to regather new resources to keep the game-type sort of balanced. Plus having it on 24/7 would make the game more focused on 'p2w' since a lot of people would run out of resources and the one's that can't get more resources might end up being tempted to buy packs with real money, well that would become more stressful but doubtful that it be as bad as it would at launch because at the moment a lot of people already have a high amount of resources people currently have.

Though I have noticed even at my high level using snipers a lot lately in Turbo, slowly running low so this might not be as true for some but then again I'm sitting on about nearly 2 million RP but hoping to save that for the next 'double Warzone legendary exp boost' packs so I can finish the final level of 152.
As much as I love turbo it really should be like a weekend or every other weekend thing....and for double XP 😉
Yea I like turbo because I get a chance to use my norfangs and tarturus's gavels, cuz
in normal warzone at the level 9 req time I usually use Hannibal wasps and scorpions instead and forget about the weapons
ronnie42 wrote:
I don't think permanent Turbo would work. The whole point of the mode was created was to encourage people to waste resources as quickly as possible, well having it on 24/7 would mean a lot of people would burn through them too quickly and eventually the game mode would dry up of resources. Also it could sort of effect other modes like normal Warzone due to resources count.

I might be wrong but last month was Turbo at the end of the month, I think there doing it again at the end of this month so maybe it's in a rotation every month now so it should be enough time for people to regather new resources to keep the game-type sort of balanced. Plus having it on 24/7 would make the game more focused on 'p2w' since a lot of people would run out of resources and the one's that can't get more resources might end up being tempted to buy packs with real money, well that would become more stressful but doubtful that it be as bad as it would at launch because at the moment a lot of people already have a high amount of resources people currently have.

Though I have noticed even at my high level using snipers a lot lately in Turbo, slowly running low so this might not be as true for some but then again I'm sitting on about nearly 2 million RP but hoping to save that for the next 'double Warzone legendary exp boost' packs so I can finish the final level of 152.
Great point! I never thought of that. I certainly don't want halo to become pay to win. Sadly, I will probably run out before most other people cause I'm only rank 69 and still on the silver pack grind. (maybe turbo would be better as a weekly or bi-weekly mode (to quote LethalQ) To give people time to recharge their reqs on the weekdays for the next weekend. Then again, If people run out of reqs, they would have to learn to strategize what they get in each pack and learn to use them more efficiently which is what 343 probably wanted. I understand that req conservation and ideas of pay to win from the community would probably outweigh the idea of permanent warzone turbo but warzone turbo every one or two weekends would really spice up the matchmaking and hopefully give players a chance to burn their reqs before the playerbase gets too low to find a match and probably extend the time the playerbase stick with the game by bringing players back every weekend to play it. What do you think?

I guess it wouldn’t hurt. I know my son would love that to be permanent.
I certainly would support a permanent WZT playlist.
The concerns about pay to win or running out of packs and then not being able to play regular WZ are not an issue in my opinion. Nobody is forced to burn all of their req packs :)
I for example have never bought a req pack for $$$ only those I could get for RP.
I am lvl 150 so I have played a bit. I currently have plenty of boosts and weapons to call in for WZ (including about 100 nornfang and 100 prophets banes, around 400 unopened req packs and around 1.5 million RP which would get me a quite large amount of req packs as well.
That being said, I could play turbo for quite some time without having to worry that I would run out of anything.
Warzone turbo as permanent?!!!? That would be amazing. Sometimes regular war zone gets stale so this would be perfect.
I only jump back into wz when there's a wz turbo playlist so I'm definitely for a permanent wz turbo playlist.
I certainly would support a permanent WZT playlist.
The concerns about pay to win or running out of packs and then not being able to play regular WZ are not an issue in my opinion. Nobody is forced to burn all of their req packs :)
I for example have never bought a req pack for $$$ only those I could get for RP.
I am lvl 150 so I have played a bit. I currently have plenty of boosts and weapons to call in for WZ (including about 100 nornfang and 100 prophets banes, around 400 unopened req packs and around 1.5 million RP which would get me a quite large amount of req packs as well.
That being said, I could play turbo for quite some time without having to worry that I would run out of anything.
That's true! nobody has to spend their reqs if they don't want to. The req points earned from playing those matches should support the purchase of more req packs and keep people's req stock decently high! Like LethalQ mentioned, Warzone turbo as a weekend thing might be more sustainable, but I'd be all right if it was permanent too. There's nothing keeping players from taking a break if they need to and switching to other game modes like super fiesta or regular warzone.
Warzone turbo as permanent?!!!? That would be amazing. Sometimes regular war zone gets stale so this would be perfect.
I agree, regular warzone not only gets stale but less experienced players have difficulty getting their req levels up. Warzone turbo is usually more fun for them as long as they aren't getting hammered py phaetons and nornfangs.

Mr Vacha wrote:
I only jump back into wz when there's a wz turbo playlist so I'm definitely for a permanent wz turbo playlist.
Most of the more experienced players are the same way cause warzone turbo allows them to dip into their huge req collections. Warzone turbo being permanent will probably bring a good percentage of players back into warzone and up req revenue increasing profit and funds for 343 industries. It also might bring old players back to halo after playing other games like destiny or cod.
ronnie42 wrote:
Great point! I never thought of that. I certainly don't want halo to become pay to win. Sadly, I will probably run out before most other people cause I'm only rank 69 and still on the silver pack grind. (maybe turbo would be better as a weekly or bi-weekly mode (to quote LethalQ) To give people time to recharge their reqs on the weekdays for the next weekend. Then again, If people run out of reqs, they would have to learn to strategize what they get in each pack and learn to use them more efficiently which is what 343 probably wanted. I understand that req conservation and ideas of pay to win from the community would probably outweigh the idea of permanent warzone turbo but warzone turbo every one or two weekends would really spice up the matchmaking and hopefully give players a chance to burn their reqs before the playerbase gets too low to find a match and probably extend the time the playerbase stick with the game by bringing players back every weekend to play it. What do you think?
Sadly Warzone has always been pay to win but it's only more noticable in Turbo while it was more noticeable at launch in other WZ playlists since nobody hadn't stockpiled as many as REQ's as they generally have these days.

Mr Vacha wrote:
Most of the more experienced players are the same way cause warzone turbo allows them to dip into their huge req collections. Warzone turbo being permanent will probably bring a good percentage of players back into warzone and up req revenue increasing profit and funds for 343 industries. It also might bring old players back to halo after playing other games like destiny or cod.
I'm not sure I believe this. I have mainly noticed over H5's life-span that I don't see as many people wanting to rush back to H5 for WZ, I've seen this with friends since there are times where it happens but barely for long since either they dislike H5 or there just tired of H5. Come to think of it most weekends of Turbo ends up with me playing a lot while watching Netflix since hardly anyone seems interested in H5, in many cases I get asked to play other games like MCC/Borderlands, etc... but generally I refuse to go near CoD/Destiny due to how shady those games are these days. Plus the main reason I even play Turbo is for easy exp but even I find it too stressful someday's. Plus the people that I know that bought 'reqs' with real money instantly regretted it, have never done it again but oddly there must be some people trying to support it.
WZ Turbo is a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind it being permanent
Yup I love Warzone Turbo! I would like to see it more often for sure!

Maybe even a Firefight Turbo?!?!?
Strategic play or not: permanent WZ Turbo will drain everybody's REQs by the end of the month. There's just so much tactical plays your DMR and Plasma Pistol can net you when the enemy team has 5 Oni/Hannibal Scorpions and a small armada's worth of Pheatons. And everything would be 10 times worse for new players (yes, we still get those), since they wouldn't even have decent loadout weapons.

I love Turbo just as much as the next guy/gal, but it is tailor made to be a temporary playlist. Keep it a rare treat, like a that one dessert you had a few years ago that almost bankrupted you.

A permanent Firefight Turbo would probably be more viable (since Elites can call in uber vehicles/weapons), but you'd still need to tweak it, since even Legendary Firefight would be trivial in turbo mode.

I think 343 should bring back Warzone Turbo because it brings a lot more excitement to non-Firefight Warzone matches. Also, Warzone Firefight Turbo seems like a very good idea.
I love Turbo but there's a saying that goes "Too much of a good thing" and all that. Letting it be a monthly or every other weekend thing would be better, since then people see it's only going to be around for X time and would be more likely to jump into the playlist before it cycles out. Meanwhile being permanent means it runs the risk of people eventually deciding to just not play in it. WZA went through that; it's a GREAT mode but then it just petered out. When it went cycling, you could pop in and almost always find a game. Almost always.

Turbo Firefight would be interesting, games'd be over pretty quickly since Lv8 vehicles wiping the first three waves xD
What I've always wanted to see though is a Warzone King of the Hill (or Crazy King). Or have one single space everyone has to fight for and hold for the duration; the Fortress, the Garage, the Spire, etc - like that Dominion variant where everyone fought for the center of the map and had to hold it. I wouldn't want to see a CTF Warzone though, I know what that'd quickly devolve into every other game!
Warzone turbo is fun, i would love to see it around more often
WZ Turbo needs to stay for good. I don’t care about the base game, Turbo is all I care about. Infinite REQs would be nice too!

I was also hoping to play Action Sack yesterday but some genius decided it was just too good for the game and had to be removed, until further notice.

Only if they call it Super Warzone 2 Turbo Edition. That is the only way it should be allowed to return.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2