Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Personal Foul! Unsportsmanlike conduct in H5G MP

OP AngryBuda

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hey Spartan Nation!

Poor sportsmanship is becoming a problem in all areas of Halo 5's Mulitplayer. Between the constant quitting in Arena (just finished an FFA match in Arena that began as a full game, and ended with 3 players with the winner getting 15 kills) to Team Slayer (it's a small victory when I finish a match with a full team).

Stop and think about that for a second, I receive a sense of accomplishment when the match ends with a complete team... This should be the last thing that provides any sense of satisfaction when playing team based objectives.

And Warzone Assualt, players not participating in the defense of bases and looking to score some easy req points, etc etc.

Considering Halo 5's campaign doesn't have the same replayability factor as previous Halo titles, allowing poor sportsmanship to run as rampant as it currently does in H5G's Mulitplayer is one way to diminish the population of players willing to play H5G.

However, the responsibility does not fall squarely on the shoulders of 343i. It is incumbent upon each of us Halo fans/players to do their part in trying to curtail these type of behaviors.

I urge you to take the time and report each player you believe is partcipating in ANY unsportsmanlike behaviors. Also, take the time to send them a polite message asking them to refrain from these behaviors in the future.

thank you.
I don't particularly want to report other people, especially quitters, because I don't know why they quit. If they straight up said through chat that they were quitting because they didn't want to lose, then I would report them. But if they don't, then I like to give them the benefit of the doubt because they could have disconnected from the server, or they had to do something in real life. I don't think that video games are more important than stuff happening in real life, so if he has to quit, I have no animosity towards him.
I don't particularly want to report other people, especially quitters, because I don't know why they quit. If they straight up said through chat that they were quitting because they didn't want to lose, then I would report them. But if they don't, then I like to give them the benefit of the doubt because they could have disconnected from the server, or they had to do something in real life. I don't think that video games are more important than stuff happening in real life, so if he has to quit, I have no animosity towards him.
^totally. things come up all the time. But the way people leave matches (i.e. Your down 5 kills and all of a sudden two players drop out... That seems like quitting). And it's happening to me nearly every time I go into arena. (Even FFA now whereas before, FFA and SWAT had very few players leave matches)
AngryBuda wrote:
^totally. things come up all the time. But the way people leave matches (i.e. Your down 5 kills and all of a sudden two players drop out... That seems like quitting). And it's happening to me nearly every time I go into arena. (Even FFA now whereas before, FFA and SWAT had very few players leave matches)
Wow, 5 kills? I've had comebacks from even worse numbers. Oh well.

Also, just wait for the people on Waypoint who are going to say that you need to run a crew in Arena. They will be coming. Eventually.
I started to report quitters. You can usually tell quit vs disconnect. Hint: of the offender is still on h5 when you check the gamercard, they quit. If it was a disconnect, or dinner time etc. It will show as offline.
I started to report quitters. You can usually tell quit vs disconnect. Hint: of the offender is still on h5 when you check the gamercard, they quit. If it was a disconnect, or dinner time etc. It will show as offline.
What if they quit for something important or dinner, and they leave their game at the menu or dashboard? I know that's what I do whenever I've had to quit. No point in turning off the whole xbox if I'm coming back to it.
What if they quit for something important or dinner, and they leave their game at the menu or dashboard? I know that's what I do whenever I've had to quit. No point in turning off the whole xbox if I'm coming back to it.
It will tell you. It will say I battle of noctus, vs in menus.
Oh, so by in-game you mean they've gone back into multiplayer right after leaving your game. Got it.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
^ what if a guy drops out and you find that he is on the "Netflix" main menu? I reported someone like this and they claimed connection issues. But why would they be in Netflix if their connection was on the fritz?
AngryBuda wrote:
^ what if a guy drops out and you find that he is on the "Netflix" main menu? I reported someone like this and they claimed connection issues. But why would they be in Netflix if their connection was on the fritz?
Lol. No system is perfect.
Had two guys quit in the double date thing earlier cause my team was up 10-3
Quitters ruin the fun for both teams.
you want to save the population by reporting people so they get banned and reduce the population?

i would rather take 10 seconds to find a match and have 2 afk people (warzone) than spend 15 min looking for a match
But the Banhammer is prevent... Oh, my bad. It's just a useless form of punishment.
Today I DNF 3 matches, because I was disconnected. For some reason I'm being disconnected more today than any other day I've played Halo 5.
Today I DNF 3 matches, because I was disconnected. For some reason I'm being disconnected more today than any other day I've played Halo 5.
This problem is all over the support forum.
BadDogg55 wrote:
This problem is all over the support forum.
Yeah, I don't want to make another thread about it so I will explain my pain here. I had a tank when the last one happened.
AngryBuda wrote:
Maybe he was having problems connecting to Halo 5's servers but not xbox live in general?
Quitters ruin the fun for both teams.
tell me about it. I also hate when people on your team quit so you get your butt whooped and the other team decides beating you 4v2 is impressive and starts teabagging
Pro Tip: Go in with a full fireteam = No more quitting on your team.

Easy
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2