Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Piloting the Grunt Golbin

OP Sgt Palooggoo

Ten-Hut!
I got this great idea for The Grunt Golbin!
You should be able to pilot it!
Spoiler:
Show
I know but we can dream can't we?
Let's start with the Req Cards:
Next is the controller Shceme:

• RT is fire Needle-Cannon or Scrab Cannon.
  • LT is Aim (some of you might call it smart scope)
  • LB is fire Needling Needles or Jerk Seekers.
  • RB is Robo-Punch.
  • A is Jump, hold A is hover (Combo A & RB to do a Mecha-Charge)
  • B is boost in any direction. (Much like your Spartan)
  • Y is Robo-Grenade.
  • X is get of the Goblin.
PS: if you play with a none default controller Shceme then this would have to change depending on your controller Shceme.
So there we have it!
What do think of piloting the Grunt Golbin?
And what are your opinions on the controller Shceme I thought up?
Not crazy about the control scheme, considering I play on the Recon Controller scheme. It was adjusted to follow your own controller scheme, I'd be all for it.
Spoiler:
Show
Ten-Hut!I got this great idea for The Grunt Golbin!You should be able to pilot it!
Spoiler:
Show
I know but we can dream can't we?
Let's start with the Req Cards:
  • Goblin Mechs would probably range from Level 5 Reqs (Standard Goblins) to level 8 reqs (Scrab Cannon Goblins) there would probably be 4 Goblin req cards to chose from in all. Imagine something like this in your Req Selection menu!
Next is the controller Shceme:

• RT is fire Needle-Cannon or Scrab Cannon.
  • LT is Aim (some of you might call it smart scope)
  • LB is fire Needling Needles or Jerk Seekers.
  • RB is Robo-Punch.
  • A is Jump, hold A is hover (Combo A & RB to do a Mecha-Charge)
  • B is boost in any direction. (Much like your Spartan)
  • Y is Robo-Grenade.
  • X is get of the Goblin.
So there we have it!
What do think of piloting the Grunt Golbin?
And what are your opinions on the controller Shceme I thought up?
First off, having a Grunt Goblin as a usable vehicle would be awesome.

The control scheme bugs me a little though, because it seems to be tailored for default and I’m a Helljumper kind of guy.
I think it would have to be modified or else it would be a tight fit.
The controls seem to be to specified on one controler layout.Im also not a huge fan of the Goblin itself.
But Spartans are to big to fit in a goblin mech and they are really strong and if players can use them then I think I will start playing the older halo games more as if you give someone that much power then think of how op that would be
But Spartans are to big to fit in a goblin mech and they are really strong and if players can use them then I think I will start playing the older halo games more as if you give someone that much power then think of how op that would be
Goblins could be Wasp like, very weak defenses but insane offensive power.
Maybe Halo 6! I really hope Goblins are In the Halo 6 Campaign though!
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I think it would have to be modified or else it would be a tight fit.
Yeah it would have to be modified damage and health wise to make it fair in pvp modes
If a spartan could fit! On the same thought about mechs, I really need for the Mantis to be a greater extension of the Spartan, capable of jumping (able to groundpound—would be awesome), possibly sprint and fire simultaneously (but nothing drastic from its base movement speed and limited), and maybe thrust for evasive maneuvers (but I am not so sure about that).
This would be an awesome “vehicle” to use in warzone. Maybe for realism Spartans would halfway stick out above it due to the size difference from grunts. Yeah it might look stupid but I’m grasping at straws here. But in all seriousness that would then give the spartan some vulnerability being exposed too.
If a spartan could fit! On the same thought about mechs, I really need for the Mantis to be a greater extension of the Spartan, capable of jumping (able to groundpound—would be awesome), possibly sprint and fire simultaneously (but nothing drastic from its base movement speed and limited), and maybe thrust for evasive maneuvers (but I am not so sure about that).
I think the cyclops would fit that idea better.👍
There is the issue with the Goblin being more balanced around being a boss, not a drivable vehicle, you can see that in its large amount of attacks. If we do get a drivable Goblin it would be a massively cut down version
There is the issue with the Goblin being more balanced around being a boss, not a drivable vehicle, you can see that in its large amount of attacks. If we do get a drivable Goblin it would be a massively cut down version
Yeah that would have to be the case, it's a boss now but in order for it to be a vehicle it would have to be less deadly.
Yeah that would have to be the case, it's a boss now but in order for it to be a vehicle it would have to be less deadly.
theres also the issue that as people have pointed out the shear amount of attacks resulting in the control scheme being convoluted, the Grunt Goblin would play like a character in a fighting game or RPG, not a FPS. so thats another reason they may need to cut down on the attacks keep it 3 per vehicle at most.
Personally, I would love to, but how would a spartan fit in the mech, the part where the driver sits is only big enough for a grunt?
Spandrel77 wrote:
Personally, I would love to, but how would a spartan fit in the mech, the part where the driver sits is only big enough for a grunt?
Well check out this comparison Image.
A Spartan could maybe fit in there...
Our Spartans knees should be up to our chins inside the cockpit.
Issue is, it's a GRUNT goblin, doubt a spartan can fit himself inside.
I'd rather have a "Needler Mantis" to dish out explosive acupuncture from a vehicle.
Spoiler:
Show