Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

plasma caster ammo

OP DOLOMAN0L0

5 plasma grenades in 1 clip but when you charge and shoot all 5 it takes 1 ammo per shot.

it should shoot the entire clip or shoot as many is left and do it via lvl of charge.

so o.p. to multiply the ammo 5x
That is a weird design that they went with. I wonder why they did that?
It's because it's alien technology. For example, vehicles also do not need to be recharged to run the entire game xD
This is one of the things I greatly appreciate about the Plasma Caster. It's arguably the best new weapon by 343i (at least for me) and feels like it fills its own spot in the sandbox. Have time? Charge it up and cause lots of damage. In a tight spot? Spam away and save yourself at the cost of losing a ton of ammo.
tuhin94 wrote:
This is one of the things I greatly appreciate about the Plasma Caster. It's arguably the best new weapon by 343i (at least for me) and feels like it fills its own spot in the sandbox. Have time? Charge it up and cause lots of damage. In a tight spot? Spam away and save yourself at the cost of losing a ton of ammo.
Yeee! Is one of the weapons I most use in FF, especially in darkstar, when you need o defend round 2 or with the enemies in r2, 3, sometimes I use 2 or 3 of them in that map, levels 3 and 4 plasmas.
hahaha and with the white scar, I can shot it to my teammates and use them as kamikazes 😂
And in husky raid is a top 3 weapon.
Ixba wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Yeee! Is one of the weapons I most use in FF, especially in darkstar, when you need o defend round 2 or with the enemies in r2, 3, sometimes I use 2 or 3 of them in that map, levels 3 and 4 plasmas.
hahaha and with the white scar, I can shot it to my teammates and use them as kamikazes 😂
White Scar is one of the funniest weapons ever 😂 I love using it and it can single-handedly turn a game of Husky Raid to one team’s favor. I hate it when the other team gets one, but it’s still a good laugh to see those needles create chaos all over the place.

You know about the Forge weapon glitch? Next time you do it, cross a Sentinel Beam with a White Scar and watch magic happen lol. Make a custom game with it and create an open lobby to make it even more amusing.
of course you love it. it is o.p. AF!!! lol
Ixba wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Husky Raid, to me, is the best game mode for cluster and heavy weapons. Narrow battlefield with few places to use as cover. a perfect map for the Plasma Caster, especially for getting multi kills with ease.
tuhin94 wrote:
Ixba wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
White Scar is one of the funniest weapons ever 😂 I love using it and it can single-handedly turn a game of Husky Raid to one team’s favor. I hate it when the other team gets one, but it’s still a good laugh to see those needles create chaos all over the place.

You know about the Forge weapon glitch? Next time you do it, cross a Sentinel Beam with a White Scar and watch magic happen lol. Make a custom game with it and create an open lobby to make it even more amusing.
Oh man I LOVE the White Scar. It brings me back to Dominion Halo 4 days where you could grab a Sticky Detenator, tag a vehicle with it, then watch as someone gets in and drives off with a remote grenade latched on to it. Sticking a scar grenade right above a door way or something and watch as people keep on walking into it and setting it off, killing themselves and everyone around them and you don't even have to be nearby for it to happen!

If they bring back weapon variants, I really want them to bring back the Scar and the Void's Tear.
Sylxeria wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Ixba wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

Oh man I LOVE the White Scar. It brings me back to Dominion Halo 4 days where you could grab a Sticky Detenator, tag a vehicle with it, then watch as someone gets in and drives off with a remote grenade latched on to it. Sticking a scar grenade right above a door way or something and watch as people keep on walking into it and setting it off, killing themselves and everyone around them and you don't even have to be nearby for it to happen!

If they bring back weapon variants, I really want them to bring back the Scar and the Void's Tear.
Hahaha that sounds like the perfect trap! Agreed, would love to see those two make a return. Some of the variants are so much fun to use. Perhaps the UNSC will make some tech advancements, allowing the current variants to become the new "base" models.
tuhin94 wrote:
Sylxeria wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Ixba wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

Hahaha that sounds like the perfect trap! Agreed, would love to see those two make a return. Some of the variants are so much fun to use. Perhaps the UNSC will make some tech advancements, allowing the current variants to become the new "base" models.
With the Sticky Det, I remember tagging a vehicle then jumping into it and driving it over to an enemy... He predictably EMP'ed me and then hijacked it... Then blew up because of the grenade in the driver's seat. Obligatory meleeing to his face followed.

The White Scar? You can do pretty much the same thing and it'll auto-detonate. Tag a team mate as they sucide-rush the Fortress or something and when they turn around the corner and a shotgun camper runs up to shoot them? It asplodes in his face, usually killing him.
Stick it above a doorway or around the corner and watch as people die as they come in.
Husky Raid? Precise posiitoning and you can rack up multikills just from people moving from their spawn point and denying them being able to walk out into the open.
Know there's a sniper or a shotgun user hiding behind cover? Know that one spot where snipers love to hang out? Stick a caster shot nearby and when they go to set up position they kill themselves.

The list just goes on. It's an amazing weapon. The Tear's also a gem because of the vortex it causes (Though there can be some indirect friendly fire as a result of it.).

I love the idea of the variants. Not so much the second level ones that don't do anything but increased ammo or whatever, but I love the gimmicky ones. Void's Tear, Beam Rifle Delta, Didact's Signet (Shotgunning people from around a corner never gets old), and so on. Cull the pointless ammo cap ones and lame Camo Hogs, and there's a fun system for adding additional mayhem for Customs and other hectic social modes.

Plus it allows for just what you said - UNSC benefitting from technology improvements without removing 'classic' weapons. This far into the future and us tinkering with Forerunner tech and allying with the Arbiter, surely we'd have lasers and plasma and stuff be wide spread by now, but if 343 did that there'd be no shortage of yelling about how iconic weapons are being replaced. A variant system would allow them to coexist.
Love the caster. But I am not sure how the ammo works either. Kinda confusing actually....
Sylxeria wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Ixba wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

I miss the sticky detonator. They should bring it back for Infinite.
To me burning through all shots would make that feature basically useless. The guns charge up shot is not that powerful and really only serves to close off a space/weaken them slightly. Unless they would buff the weapon which I’m entirely against having it where it uses all shoots would make it so no one uses it