Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Plasma Pistol exclusion

OP MonkOfWar4

Is it just me or is the Covenant Plasma Pistol the most ignored and disregarded weapon in either PVP or PVE modes? Halo 5 doesn't even have a commendation for kills with this weapon.

I remember that in Halo CE the Plasma Pistol had to be used every now and then alongside the Plasma Rifle because the MA5B was too weak but now it seems to have been nerfed to the point of being a non-entity.
The plasma pistol is one of the most op weapons in the game. It can disable any vehicle, destroy overshields, and only costs 2 req points. I rarely go a game without seeing someone use it.

That said, I would hate to have to grind 300 plasma pistol kills for a commendation. I would do it, but it would be like the mongoose destroyer all over again
Correct me if I am wrong but I remember grinding out kills with the plasma pistol in H5 for a commendation. But from what I remember about the plasma pistol all it was ever really good for wat noob combo shots and emp-ing vehicles to stick them with a plasma grenade or something.
LethalQ wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong but I remember grinding out kills with the plasma pistol in H5 for a commendation.
You're probably thinking of H4 which had a commendation for it.

For the OP, it gets used a lot in BTB and Firefight.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong but I remember grinding out kills with the plasma pistol in H5 for a commendation.
You're probably thinking of H4 which had a commendation for it.

For the OP, it gets used a lot in BTB and Firefight.
Must be my limited experience limited to Warzone Firefight and some Arena modes.... in the matches I've been in, folks occasionally use PPs to freeze vehicles but I don't actually see them using them to kill other players or AI enemies.
MonkOfWar4 wrote:
Must be my limited experience limited to Warzone Firefight and some Arena modes.... in the matches I've been in, folks occasionally use PPs to freeze vehicles but I don't actually see them using them to kill other players or AI enemies.
It doesn't happen as often, but it's definitely used to kill people and I use it a lot for that in BTB since it has ridiculous range. In Firefight, it's mostly used in round 1 or 2 for the Elite bosses, but after that it's mainly for vehicles.
I like the Plasma Pistol. I just wish it would make an opponent twitch when firing upon like it did back in Halo:CE. But ither than missing that feature every now and again in H5 I’ll try to kill an opponent in matchmaking as a humiliation. Pew pew pew pew!!

Also the grind in H4 was real! So much infact that it took me sooo long to complete it I had no time teally for all the other weapons. But I was super satisfied when I completed that commendation!
The plasma pistol is so OP, the shot can follow the target like a missile.
Karim wrote:
The plasma pistol is so OP, the shot can follow the target like a missile.
I've noted that the bolt shot also has homing rounds even though it's not a guided rocket launcher!
There used to be a commendation for it back in Halo 4. I dont honestly think ANYONE finished it.
The simple fact is that the Plasma Pistol is designed as a combo weapon, not a finisher (bar the Voids Tear now of course). 343 decided it wasnt worth it.
Im fine with that tbh.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
MonkOfWar4 wrote:
Is it just me or is the Covenant Plasma Pistol the most ignored and disregarded weapon in either PVP or PVE modes? Halo 5 doesn't even have a commendation for kills with this weapon.

I remember that in Halo CE the Plasma Pistol had to be used every now and then alongside the Plasma Rifle because the MA5B was too weak but now it seems to have been nerfed to the point of being a non-entity.
The Plasama pistol is over the OP because with the charge can deactivated the Shield of the Spartan and of the Elite
To me it's not really a kill weapon other than the voids tear. It's more to take down shields and disable vehicles.

Very very effective for it's intended purpose mind you.

See link for example.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/secret-face/video/71329570