Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Platinum packs are back!

OP LethalQ

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Some hate'm and some love'm... I for one love them.... It's about quality for me.... They are 20k points or $3.99 they give you three legendary arena XP boost, plus two other boost, and six single use reqs. They are also available in a 3 pack for $11.99 or 5 pack for $17.99.

I kinda whish they refunded points instead of the arena legendary XP boost though.
It feels wrong to pay to max out to 152.
Edit, not judging. 152 is a mothertrucking grind.
You can use points for them you don't have to pay for them. They are no different than a gold pack except you get a better quality reqs for your points.
LethalQ wrote:
Some hate'm and some love'm... I for one love them.... It's about quality for me.... They are 20k points or $3.99 they give you three legendary arena XP boost, plus two other boost, and six single use reqs. They are also available in a 3 pack for $11.99 or 5 pack for $17.99.

I kinda whish they refunded points instead of the arena legendary XP boost though.
Yes I wish they would refund the RP like gold's do I wonder if it's a glitch or something. You would think a 20,000 rp pack would give you something back. Might try my luck with a few but might just stick with gold's since I'm not really short on the higher rarity items
LethalQ wrote:
You can use points for them you don't have to pay for them. They are no different than a gold pack except you get a better quality reqs for your points.
Ohhhhhhh. Sorry.
LethalQ wrote:

Yes I wish they would refund the RP like gold's do I wonder if it's a glitch or something. You would think a 20,000 rp pack would give you something back. Might try my luck with a few but might just stick with gold's since I'm not really short on the higher rarity items
I am kinda torn... Yeah I would like some rp back as well but since all I am really after are better XP boost and better reqs to use I do get both now. Even though it's arena XP boost and not warzone. I got three of them and was able to get some good xp in my FFA placement matches.
I refuse to ever pay money for REQ packs, but I’ll save up my points for these for sure
Had 450k req points saved for the xp boost packs I burned them all and ended up with 76 legendary arena xp boosts and 6 legendary xp Wz boosts plus a heap of good reqs so well worth the spend compared to just the standard xp boost packs
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

I am kinda torn... Yeah I would like some rp back as well but since all I am really after are better XP boost and better reqs to use I do get both now. Even though it's arena XP boost and not warzone. I got three of them and was able to get some good xp in my FFA placement matches.
Yea that's true having the 3 legendary arena boosts is nice definitely helps out with the grind. I remember when the HCS events were giving them out would get a nice stock pile at one point had over 100. Since I'm already 152 I don't really need boosts as much anymore. I don't really use the really rare reqs unless I play turbo then that's a different story lol
it is nice to see them back but I have long since given up getting to 152
I like em but I would prefer they mixed in some legendary warzone xp packs.
Why? All it takes to get there is to play the game and use those XP boost. Halo infinite won't be out for awhile still...maybe even late next year.
JC00795 wrote:
Had 450k req points saved for the xp boost packs I burned them all and ended up with 76 legendary arena xp boosts and 6 legendary xp Wz boosts plus a heap of good reqs so well worth the spend compared to just the standard xp boost packs
i think this is a worthwhile observation. From an XP perspective, you're getting more value from the Platinum packs then what you'd get from the Legendary Arena XP packs. (450k req points would have translated into just 60 boosts if you bought 3 Legendary Arena packs...assuming they were available.)

Useful information if you're in the midst of the 152 grind.
I had 750,000 req points. Now I have 120 legendary boosts. I love these packs
LethalQ wrote:
Why? All it takes to get there is to play the game and use those XP boost. Halo infinite won't be out for awhile still...maybe even late next year.
Is released July 30th 2019. But LethalQ said...

Yeah, these packs are amazing. I'm still waiting for the classic helmets tho.
LethalQ wrote:
Is released July 30th 2019. But LethalQ said...

Yeah, these packs are amazing. I'm still waiting for the classic helmets tho.
I am pretty sure Halo infinite isn't coming out this year (I will be shocked if it does), let alone next month. If that was so we would probably already know it and more about Halo Infinite besides the one teaser video.
I bought 600k rp worth of platinum packs. I got them just for the xp boosts, but if I was already a 152, I would have been very disappointed with the one use items. Ive never seen so many gungoose and rocket hogs. I did get one phaeton Helios so that’s nice. If you aren’t interested in xp boosts, I think gold packs are a better deal, especially if you already have everything unlocked
I bought 600k rp worth of platinum packs. I got them just for the xp boosts, but if I was already a 152, I would have been very disappointed with the one use items. Ive never seen so many gungoose and rocket hogs. I did get one phaeton Helios so that’s nice. If you aren’t interested in xp boosts, I think gold packs are a better deal, especially if you already have everything unlocked
If gold packs didn't have uncommon junk in them they would be good. I hope the Platinum packs stick around awhile.
LethalQ wrote:
If gold packs didn't have uncommon junk in them they would be good. I hope the Platinum packs stick around awhile.
I guess it’s just my bad luck. I’ve spent half a million rp on gold packs before and gotten a lot better reqs than I did with the platinum packs, probably due to their cost allowing me to buy 5 times as many. Like I said though, I bought the platinums for the xp boosts so it’s all good
LethalQ wrote:
I guess it’s just my bad luck. I’ve spent half a million rp on gold packs before and gotten a lot better reqs than I did with the platinum packs, probably due to their cost allowing me to buy 5 times as many. Like I said though, I bought the platinums for the xp boosts so it’s all good
Yes if you are already 152 buying gold packs is a way better deal. Golds only cost you 6K req points vs 20k. I just sell all the junk I get as I open them. I bought two plat packs when it first came back just to see what I would get and it was pretty disappointing. But I don’t need the xp boosts.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2