Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Platinum Reqs

OP EVoro77

Is it possible if you can get patinum reqs still in Halo 5?
Platinum packs are occasionally made available. It's possible they'll return but they aren't normally available to buy/redeem.
Platinum?
Ive played the game since launch and I’ve never heard of Platinum REQS?
Any explanation on what they are? What you mean etc?
TheDonCJG wrote:
Platinum?
The standout difference between Gold and Platinum packs is that you get 3 permanent unlocks with Platinum packs as opposed to 2 with Gold packs. They were given out for free during HCS events and used to occasionally show up in the store.
tuhin94 wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Platinum?
The standout difference between Gold and Platinum packs is that you get 3 permanent unlocks with Platinum packs as opposed to 2 with Gold packs. They were given out for free during HCS events and used to occasionally show up in the store.
Ah no way, I’d never heard of these before. Moshe have missed them entirely
they aren't even worth as much as a gold, if you get them for free, then open them. but they are not statistically better than two gold packs. two gold packs will get you four permanent unlocks, and platinum will get you 3. also, like most people, you would open a gold pack after completing your silvers. so that would be four ultra rare/legendary reqs, instead of 3. the only upside of platinum packs is a 50% increase in req quality, but that only affects the chances of high-end items, not the loot table. and anyway, ultra-rare and legendary are already high end reqs in my opinion, so i'll take quantity over quality.