5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 11
XanaReplica you're riding me too hard :/
XanaReplica you're riding me too hard :/
That's what she said. :3
Should not tell someone to leave because they are bad in the unranked ones anyway. Ranked I can understand as you have something to lose
This thread should be renamed to "Godly HCS hate thread" XD
At first I thought everyone was being too hard on you, like yeah I've asked people to leave too, not so rudely though, but then I read your Bio and reek of arrogance
I play Balanced to win.
I'm pretty sure that if he had -1 points then he literally wasn't playing the game... so getting messaged would be kinda understandable.

He has a betrayal/suicide, a bunch of deaths, and nothing else. -_-

This is also coming from someone who messes around in online matchmaking all of the time (in 'almost' any game)

Your bio/GT does make you sound kinda arrogant though
I wasnt being rude. Being rude would be syaing "your trash you need to lose the game before you make us lose you trash piece of yoink" or something like that. If you actually think saying "leave plz" is rude, you need to get tougher skin or go to your safe place lol. And like I said before, the thread mainly asking "Do you play casual to win" not anything about me asking someone to leave

Also, I dont have time trying to make the message polite. "leave plz" is fast and gets to the point. Im not going to waste 2 minutes making a heartfelt message asking him or her to leave. Im trying to carry the team to win, 2 minutes is too long to make a message lol
Then get a usb keyboard and type the message, or better yet, make a voice message.
The way I see it, being rude is asking someone to leave a video game. Simple as that. Saying "you're trash, you need to leave the game before you make us lose you trash piece of..." that isn't just being rude. That's actually trying to be both rude and an -Yoink- about it and spectacularly succeeding.

Needing to "get a tougher skin" is a thinly veiled excuse to condone rude behavior. It's proof of one of the problems with online gaming/internet, not proof that you're right.

Also, you start off by saying "I wasn't being rude." Then you say you don't have time to try and make the message polite. Sounds contradictory to me. Some situations don't have much room for neutral and "leave plz" comes across as arrogant and condescending at best, but it sounds rude to me.

If you were trying to carry the team to win, then it sounds like you may have been the only person doing well enough [for you] anyway. I mean, one person doing poorly shouldn't be too much of a hindrance if the rest of the team is skilled enough. If that's the case, then you should consider the idea that it's you who doesn't belong and should leave, not the poorest player on a team that doesn't meet your standards.

If you don't want to "waste 2 minutes" because that's too long to do something right, then perhaps it's best not to do it.

While it's true, the thread title is "Play Casual to Lose?" and you didn't want it to be all about your asking someone to leave, you did ask for thoughts on the situation... and you got 'em.
It seems every time I play super fiesta, there is always one person on the team that is simply not good. I noticed he had -1 points and 11 deaths. I politely asked him to leave messaging him "leave plz" and he responded "if you like playing to win get off a casual mode"
:S
Thoughts on situation?
well, I would have reported you for that.

Edit: here is a question to your bio:
how can you call yourself casual when you care about your stats and about the fact that you're "better" than the most?
because that fits more to compentive
No, I dont like to lose
Ranked, social, Warzone, doesn't matter what I'm playing I play to win 100% of the time.
That's a really rude thing to message someone, xGodly Otaku. I expect better from halo fans and Waypointees in particular. That makes me sad to hear.
You're telling me you NEVER politely asked someone to leave the game because they were doing bad?
Messaging someone "leave plz" doesn't really say "polite".
Its not necessarily rude though
Too savage! XD
Too savage! XD

Then most of my threads would be named that lol
Everyone has a right to play. You just focus on you. A considerate person would have offered tips or would have helped out.
It seems every time I play super fiesta, there is always one person on the team that is simply not good. I noticed he had -1 points and 11 deaths. I politely asked him to leave messaging him "leave plz" and he responded "if you like playing to win get off a casual mode"

Thoughts on situation?
Well it must have been an honour for him to play with an HCS pro such as yourself. It's great that you've never gone negative in a game, you must practice a lot?
To this day I regret having HCS in my name lol. It was a phase.
And if I was going extremely neg and someone asked me to leave I would.
So you'd get banned from playing Arena just because some random stranger asked you to?
And there it is. Is leaving the right thing to do if you're doing really badly? Maybe. But should I HAVE to leave and risk getting banned for who knows how long, so my teammates can maybe win. No. Especially in an unranked game that really shouldn't be taken too seriously.
Vakama905 wrote:

Thoughts on situation?
Well it must have been an honour for him to play with an HCS pro such as yourself. It's great that you've never gone negative in a game, you must practice a lot?
To this day I regret having HCS in my name lol. It was a phase.
And if I was going extremely neg and someone asked me to leave I would.
So you'd get banned from playing Arena just because some random stranger asked you to?
And there it is. Is leaving the right thing to do if you're doing really badly? Maybe. But should I HAVE to leave and risk getting banned for who knows how long, so my teammates can maybe win. No. Especially in an unranked game that really shouldn't be taken too seriously.
100% Agree!
That's a really rude thing to message someone, xGodly Otaku. I expect better from halo fans and Waypointees in particular. This news makes me sad to hear.
i agree completely with you every one deserves to play halo thats the only way for them to get better
Scarso327 wrote:
Should not tell someone to leave because they are bad in the unranked ones anyway. Ranked I can understand as you have something to lose
yeah you can't just be that rude and if your going to ask someone to leave then make it funny like

I'm sorry sir but i regret to inform you the you suck and should most likely practice in campain for a few days before coming back

see because thetas least constructive
You're really not getting much support here. I feel bad for you man. It looks to me like everyone just chose to jump on you for little personal reasons. Thus making you out to be something I don't believe you are. And while admittedly some of them do have some pretty good points I think they are jumping to conclusions and missing your point. And I can't help but feel that some of the people giving you a hard time have somewhat of a superiority complex thing going on. You didn't do anything wrong dude. You did what you judged to be necessary and you were respectful about it. I for one understand why you asked him to leave. I can't say I would do the same thing, but you do what you gotta do. You may want to stop doing that though, because among others reasons it doesn't seem likely to work. And I also can't blame you for wanting to win, even if it is casual game play. You play halo to have fun. And it's pretty clear that it's easier to have fun when you're winning. I know it doesn't mean much considering that I'm probably like the only one who isn't trying to lecture you and or give you an ethics lesson, (how cute) but you at least have me to back you up. Keep on hanging and banging man. :)
What a self-centered perspective. Telling someone else to stop doing something they enjoy so that you can have a little more enjoyment is not "respectful", it's selfish.

It seems both you and OP are struggling to understand what a question is. "Leave plz" is not a question. He didn't ask him politely to leave, he told him to leave. Adding "plz" to the end of a rude statement doesn't make it less rude. If winning is the only objective, play something other than super fiesta.
I understand plenty what a question is Trash Garbage. And it seem that you are putting words in his moth. He didn't tell anyone to do any thing. He asked politely for him to leave. It seem that you're struggling to to understand what "telling someone to do something" is. If he were telling him to get off he would have said "You suck. Get off of the game now." Furthermore it's not selfish to want to win at the game. Because that's what the main point behind the game is. Winning is fun, it helps you have fun. Should he have asked him to leave? No, because we all have bad games. I don't condone what he did but I don't blame him. And to tell you the truth I don't actually play super fiesta just to win. I also do it to get some good power weapon kills, build up my commendations, and to have fun. Try not to assume so much. And all he his really trying to say is that playing casual to win is not the wrong thing to do.
You say you understand, but it seems you still don't. "Will you please leave?" is a question. Still not okay to send to someone, but at least a question. "Leave plz" is what OP claims to have said. That is an imperative statement, not a question. Surely we can agree on that.

And yes, telling (or even asking) someone else to stop doing something they enjoy because you would enjoy it a little more without them is selfish. That seems fairly straight forward. Look up the word if you're still not convinced.

By the way, the main point in playing a game is to have fun, particularly in a social playlist. If playing to win is what's fun for OP, then great. Try as hard as you want, but please don't assume that's what all players are mainly focused on and impede their enjoyment of the game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 11