Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Players Idling Through Mythic Warzone FF

OP dannyboy124578

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hi,

I've noticed that a lot of players (usually 1 per match) seem to be idling through warzone FF matches. They move around just enough so as not to get kicked by the idle timer, but they don't participate or engage the enemy. They are basically dead weight. It's hard enough to win a mythic warzone FF match with all 8 people actually trying. It's nearly impossible when 1 player doesn't join.

Honestly I'm just frustrated. I'm like 0-4 on my last 4 mythic warzone FF matches. Three of them had people just like this guy that I've described above.

(edited)
You can report such players to Halo Support. They might take some time to get back to you, but they seem to at least be doing bans right. Try and submit a clip or screenshot with your report as well, if possible. Eventually, those players will get banned. Halo Support is a better channel to use than Xbox's built-in feature. It's important to reduce idlers and betrayers since their moronic behavior wastes everyone's time.
Yeah I submitted a report to halo support. I wanted to post here to vent in the mean time.

I agree --- their behavior does waste everybody's time :(
I wouldn’t call anyone out specifically I believe that’s against the rules of the forum but I’m no expert.

regardless I feel your pain people like that are a nuisance. Honestly they are more than likely just trying to grind XP to get to 152 before Infinite launches. I don’t agree with this but I don’t blame them. I personally am not a fan of firefight. Because Warzone firefight is essentially the only viable method to get a decent amount of XP I gave up on going to max rank. I’m assuming some people are in the same mind set but want to hit max rank regardless.
I didn't realize that we aren't allowed to call people out. If someone is doing something against whatever xbox community standards, don't they deserve to be called out tho?

I mean yeah I sorta get it. I'm casually grinding but it sucks when I always lose the match due to idlers.

I agree 100%, I love playing arena but there is no XP incentive. Warzone FF can get pretty boring at times, but sweaty arena matches are hardly ever boring.

Has 343i ever mentioned possibly changing the XP rewards for playing arena matches?
I didn't realize that we aren't allowed to call people out. If someone is doing something against whatever xbox community standards, don't they deserve to be called out tho?

I mean yeah I sorta get it. I'm casually grinding but it sucks when I always lose the match due to idlers.

I agree 100%, I love playing arena but there is no XP incentive. Warzone FF can get pretty boring at times, but sweaty arena matches are hardly ever boring.

Has 343i ever mentioned possibly changing the XP rewards for playing arena matches?
You can edit your original post to remove their gamer tag. I recommend doing that.

And no, the XP values won’t be changed. Halo 5 stopped getting supported in 2017. The only updates now are to rotate playlists and the store

becareful just because some one seem to be idling you never know if they are having issues with 343 or there internet system.i know because I was attacked by some jerks during a match. I was having troubles with 343 server
TheDonCJG wrote:

You can edit your original post to remove their gamer tag. I recommend doing that.

And no, the XP values won’t be changed. Halo 5 stopped getting supported in 2017. The only updates now are to rotate playlists and the store
Well, I agree they probably won't change the XP values - but they did make a change to increase the normal Firefight to legendary XP payouts very recently, so it's not completely off the table.

becareful just because some one seem to be idling you never know if they are having issues with 343 or there internet system.i know because I was attacked by some jerks during a match. I was having troubles with 343 server
If they are idling an entire match and aren't being removed, it means they know to do just enough to not get auto-kicked. I would consider that malicious.

I have to take a call or step away occasionally too, but to go an entire match without a kill is inexcusable.
Mongerty wrote:

If they are idling an entire match and aren't being removed, it means they know to do just enough to not get auto-kicked. I would consider that malicious.

I have to take a call or step away occasionally too, but to go an entire match without a kill is inexcusable.
you must not read what I said, I never said what they are doing is excusable, I just said they could be having issues,also did you read the part were I was having issues
Hi,

I've noticed that a lot of players (usually 1 per match) seem to be idling through warzone FF matches. They move around just enough so as not to get kicked by the idle timer, but they don't participate or engage the enemy. They are basically dead weight. It's hard enough to win a mythic warzone FF match with all 8 people actually trying. It's nearly impossible when 1 player doesn't join.

My most recent encounter is with a player whose gamertag is: QuietMAR EL

I looked at my match with him (attack on sanctum, 3/5/21), and it seems like he just stayed still for the entire match. Can someone take a look at this match to confirm that he was idling just so I know I'm not crazy?

Also, how was he not being kicked for just standing still? I can sorta see him make very small movements, but I would think that the AI that kicks people for being idle would catch him.

Is this guys conduct something that he should get banned for?

Honestly I'm just frustrated. I'm like 0-4 on my last 4 mythic warzone FF matches. Three of them had people just like this guy that I've described above.
Hey there after reading your post I can understand and see both sides of the argument so I get where you're coming from, but I wanted to say this naming and shaming someone is against the rules on Waypoint so just looking out, but if I were you I would omit that part of your original post where you call out that gt before a monitor sees it and edits it out or sends you a warning for breaching the rules.
Okay I edited the post to remove his GT
I didn't realize that's against the rules. I'll keep that in mind for the future.
The game's XP/Req point awarding system is still largely based on how long the match was before it ended and not your skill as a player or your team's skill.

This kind of system only incentivizes that kind of behavior to which some players will idle, whilst moving around in circles, for many whole matches and score a rather decent amount of XP and Req point earnings while doing so.
Hi,

My most recent encounter is with a player whose gamertag is: *redacted*

I looked at my match with him (attack on sanctum, 3/5/21), and it seems like he just stayed still for the entire match. Can someone take a look at this match to confirm that he was idling just so I know I'm not crazy?

Also, how was he not being kicked for just standing still? I can sorta see him make very small movements, but I would think that the AI that kicks people for being idle would catch him.

Hey there after reading your post I can understand and see both sides of the argument so I get where you're coming from, but I wanted to say this naming and shaming someone is against the rules on Waypoint so just looking out, but if I were you I would omit that part of your original post where you call out that gt before a monitor sees it and edits it out or sends you a warning for breaching the rules.
May I suggest editing the quote of OPs message? The alleged culprits GT is still visible. ;)
Hi,

My most recent encounter is with a player whose gamertag is: *redacted*

May I suggest editing the quote of OPs message? The alleged culprits GT is still visible. ;)
^ Yeah I can see it a couple posts before this one too
Mongerty wrote:

you must not read what I said, I never said what they are doing is excusable, I just said they could be having issues,also did you read the part were I was having issues
I read what you said, but was adding that if a player is IDLE for an entire match, then it isn't a server issue (because you will be kicked). It is relatively easy to tell if someone is having temporary issues vs actively cheating the system, and that is that they manage to avoid being kicked by the afk timer.

If you have enough connection issues that you find yourself regularly being accused of being AFK to farm XP, then there is something else going on and you can't blame other people for assuming the worst.
So I've thought a lot about this particular topic the past few days (ever since I saw it originally posted). There's a few things to unpack here. And I hope all of you will read nothing more into this than a fellow spartan sharing his opinion and observations. The snarky and "holier than thou" attitudes (which I'll allude to later) are not welcome here, and that's not why I come here. I come here to try to slay enemy forces and have a good time... so let's all share ideas and see where we come out.

First off, we don't know what's going on in their homes. Yes, you've all talked about connection issues and I know that's not the problem because they would have been booted. That being said, something could have come up while they started a match. I know this has happened because I've personally seen it. we'd be in a party chat and someone's kid got sick in the other room and they had to clean it up. Or there was accident that they need to take care of. Or they needed to make an emergency trip to the bathroom and it's close enough they could take the controller with them so as to not waste a boost, or worry about getting booted. My point is... before we start throwing stones, we should take a step back and think about what could possibly be going on. It's not our place to judge, it is however our place to sit here and have fun gaming. And if you can't do that, then perhaps it might be time to reevaluate your choice in hobbies.

Now for the thought that will most likely get me in trouble and be the reason for hate mail. I have been known from time to time to do this. But not because I don't want to put the work in. But because of the particular fireteams I am in. More often than not, I will be placed in a fireteam where someone (or multiple someones) will immediately pull out a vehicle and proceed to run everyone over, including their own teammates. Or... my other favorite, they'll be sure to stand in other peoples way to ensure they get the kills. Now I always try to do my best when it comes to firefight, even though on mythic, I struggle. However, I'm not to try an compete with my team when we're supposed to be working on these rounds as a TEAM. I don't know the actual point breakdowns, but I can't imagine the xp gains are that much different between 1st place and 8th place. So I can only assume that it has something to their ego. In situations like this, I have no qualms about hanging back... and either trying to take out the enemy out from afar. Or, just letting the experts handle it. My view it that they clearly don't need me anyway, so why get in their way. Either way is just fine with me... I get the same xp whether I get in the "professionals" way, or I hang back... but if we're not working as a team anyway, then yes, I will sit back and watch them fail, take my free xp and move on to the next match. Just remember there's two sides to every coin.

Are there some of us out there who do purposely hide in mythic matches and not do a single thing. Absolutely... I had a few in matches earlier today. I shoulder bashed him off the map a few times so the countdown would start and he died (of his own accord). But there are those of us out here, who want to participate, who want to come out and try to help win... but the "team" dynamic is such that it's too toxic to try all that hard. Mythic firefight is hard enough and stressful enough on it's own that I shouldn't have to deal with the added stress to terrible team dynamics. I say all of this not to call anyone out specifically, or to throw anyone under the bus, but to bring awareness to the other side of the issue for some of us that do want to try... but feel as though they are backed into a corner.
Yeah to summarize, I realize that it's possible that people have network issues/something comes up and they step away. I get that. I've had network issues. What bothers me is when the person is doing just enough to consistently avoid the idle kicker. To me, this is malicious.
Just report their profile to 343 and to microsoft in-game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2