Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Players quitting out

OP Milky LUFC

Why has this still not been addressed two years after launch? Sick of playing games that are 3 v 4 from practically the first minute.

Players quitting out need to be thrown in a different lobby or forced to queue with total sweats (where they'll get wrecked) until they've completed 5 games.

Why hasn't join in progress been added like it is in social? Make it a checkbox option (so players can opt out) and make it so there's no possible CSR loss for those who opt in
Heck no! We don't need JIP in ranked playlists. I do not want to go back to Halo 4 days. Can you imagine getting ranked with mostly JIP games under your belt? You are talking about things being fraked up now....no man, just no.
The current ban system is fine. JIP as Dax said is not the answer. The population isnt high enough to institute the changes youre requesting.
Players quitting sucks big time.. IMO JIP ought to be taken out completely. It's not fair that everyone quits, nor is it fair to players that want to play a whole game, getting JIP games back to back. They ought to make stiffer rules for the one's that quit. From what I hear 343 is setting up the game so they know who quits and who gets a disconnects.
I hear you guys. But the frequency of quit-outs suggests current ban rules aren't strict enough. And it isn't just annoying on your own team, I hate playing v 3.
You can quit out of the game once someone else has quit and it won't count towards a ban. You'll still lose CSR, but it might avoid a more frustrating game if you were gonna lose anyway.
...or they could make a game that doesn't make people want to quit.
Name one game with multiplayer with a 0% quit and/or disconnect rate.
Nooga wrote:
Name one game with multiplayer with a 0% quit and/or disconnect rate.
Oh, believe me, I wish I had all the answers. That said, I can't speak to the problem with other titles since I only play Halo. And that means that I only quit Halo. And I can tell you right now that it has nothing to do with frequent disconnects. People quitting matches, imo, is people finding low-population/smurf-infested matchmaking to be a problem, finding the current gameplay formula to be a problem, or finding that they're forced to play gamemodes they would avoid if previously-available alternatives were available now. This game suffers from a replayability deficit, and I think players express their frustrations with that in a lot of ways, quitting being one of the biggest. To some extent the onus is on players to behave in a "sporting" way, but the less I say about that the better. To a very great extent the onus is on the developer to quit-proof their game, and that most emphatically does not mean harsher quit bans, something which has been tried and which has failed. It means meeting expectations of game play and expectations of fairness and equity on the playing field. To whatever extent this game has a quitting problem, what it really has is a formula problem and a whole series of matchmaking problems. Or so says me. And that's why I don't have a lot of patience when people like the OP can come up with nothing besides unfairness in matchmaking coupled to punitive bans. Unimaginative and ineffective.
Op I sure hope you weren't talking about adding JIP to rank play! H5 already has one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel. A move like JIP in rank play would sure just push the game over the edge. Not to mention I wouldn't even touch this thing then. If I lose a player on my team I just suck it up. If we lose another player on my team my play style changes. And if we continue to lose more well then I just move on. Every time they reset the ranks the amount of quits goes up. Just the way it is. Do I quit.. Yes. But I'm never the first one. I will hang in there the best I can. But something you should be aware of when someone quits on a team there likely will be a performance hitch. Meaning that it takes time before the servers adjust for the player or players that have dropped out. And by the time they do adjust the game is already over.. Its bad enough being down players but if there is also a performance hitch to them leaving I'm not sticking around..
I'm quitting when I'm doing the work and my Team I get paired with play like they don't have thumbs, I'm getting so annoyed doing my team's work while having 3 of them on my back

I could pair up with friends but I don't have any friends that play Halo 5, I hate Solo'ing
i get so angry when im playing btb and the nooby teammates leave and then theirs only one guy left in my team which is me
then the other teams starts the leave and as a result a bad match for everyone
Matchmaking has never been even in halo 5 and 343 have never properly addressed the problem . It seems your either on a team that gets absolutely destroyed or you win with absolute ease either way it's not fun for any of the players . I can understand most of the time why players want to leave , that said out of 10 placement matches for team arena 6 times someone left . Managed to win a couple with 3 of us but strong holds is just impossible with a man down . I'm not sure what the solution is but then again I'm not a game developer with a huge team of staff developing the biggest title for Xbox , I would of hoped someone would of known what they could do to resolve this but I'm afraid it goes in the catalogue of halo 5s many faults. ( such a shame as when this game on rare occasion gets everything right it's a joy to play. )
i dont think there should be a JIP in ranked games, but i do agree that something needs to be done with quitters. the problem would be that if you start doing something to them then you might see even more players leave playing H5 in general. something i dont think they could really afford. but i would like to see something done about it as well
BadDogg55 wrote:
Players quitting sucks big time.. IMO JIP ought to be taken out completely. It's not fair that everyone quits, nor is it fair to players that want to play a whole game, getting JIP games back to back. They ought to make stiffer rules for the one's that quit. From what I hear 343 is setting up the game so they know who quits and who gets a disconnects.
Where did you hear this information about 343 being able to distinguish a "quit" vs a "disconnect"??? Was there something that was posted to state this? Is this an accurate and true statement? Or did you make this up?
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
BadDogg55 wrote:
Where did you hear this information about 343 being able to distinguish a "quit" vs a "disconnect"??? Was there something that was posted to state this? Is this an accurate and true statement? Or did you make this up?
MatchMaking... It was in one of Josh's discussions. There's quite a few of them. He notated, 343 knows when people rage quit or get disconnected. The ongoing problem is when someone unplugs the ethernet cable they of course can't distinguish it was ISP related or the player unplugged the cable. You'll have to dig through the matchmaking posts by Josh to find it.
And NO I'm not a 10 yr old that makes things up...lol.
JIP Ranked is absolutely not the answer. I completely agree it is terrible to lose a teammate in ranked 4's. Slayer you still have a fairly legit chance to win, Strongholds maybe a 10% chance, and CTF maybe 3%.

The Ban hammer is pretty solid the way it currently works but maybe people are running with alt accounts or you are catching them at the end of their night and they could care less about the hammer because they are going to bed anyway.
I simply report people for quitting early if they do it when I'm playing Halo 5. I'll ignore it sometimes, but other times it gets very irritating.