Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

please 343, PLEASE add kicks & bans for hosts

OP TheKerbalGuy111

I've never had such a feeling of "Why can't I bloody do anything to stop this?" other than playing Public Forge. Seeing -Yoinks!- spam Guardians and dat boi frogs and generally causing lag (I've even crashed!) on custom forge can be such a pain, even though I intend to have a good time, similar to G-Mod.

If you're playing some creative game and some jerk shows up, and you're the host, shouldn't we be able to, I dunno, remove the jerk? I've seen some threads saying that this was in before, but I hadn't played multiplayer Forge until now, and it's really freakin' prominant.
Can hosts kick in regular custom games (not forge)? I don't do customs or forge in H5, but it seems like a no-brainer to have it in custom games, so I don't understand why it wouldn't be in forge as well.
As far as I've played, both Custom Games and Forge, there has been no kick/ban options to remove rowdy customers.

It is, indeed, a no-brainer.

343, why?
I’m curious, why not make your game private?
tuhin94 wrote:
While yes, I could make the game private, it eventually gets kinda... lonely.

Forge is a multiplayer-based gamemode, it's enforced by this by requiring players have Xbox Live Gold (if you play on Xbox) in order to even play, alone or otherwise. And yes, I could go make some friends who also play Halo 5/MCC on Xbox and have Gold and even like Forge, then it's a bit difficult to do. I've met some really cool people playing Forge, but not for very long until some jerk shows up spamming anime girl statues, causing performance problems.

With kicking & banning, I can at LEAST keep that to a minimum.
tuhin94 wrote:
While yes, I could make the game private, it eventually gets kinda... lonely.

Forge is a multiplayer-based gamemode, it's enforced by this by requiring players have Xbox Live Gold (if you play on Xbox) in order to even play, alone or otherwise. And yes, I could go make some friends who also play Halo 5/MCC on Xbox and have Gold and even like Forge, then it's a bit difficult to do. I've met some really cool people playing Forge, but not for very long until some jerk shows up spamming anime girl statues, causing performance problems.

With kicking & banning, I can at LEAST keep that to a minimum.
Fair point. I can understand that sentiment. It is odd you can’t kick players in Forge. I always thought you could just like in Customs.