Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Please Disable Weapon Pickup

OP CoverMyMeds

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
i've only a problem with it when a pbane or even worse tart gavel shows up.
Not a good idea. Weapon pick ups are fair enough because there are some people who spawn in with bad weapons. And I would argue that rocket launchers and the like are far from being the only weapons used in super fiesta. Trust me I probably play more super fiesta than most people. I will give you this. It can suck at times. But a good player can make it work.
I too think it should be disabled. I think the ammo should be infinite, though the downside would be weapons like the Prophet's Bane, so that would have to be crossed off maybe.

I also think loadout weapons or base weapons should be removed. It gets annoying spawning in with an Assault Rifle and another Assault rifle with suppressor, against ordinance weapon hoarders.

I think removing pickup will get rid of Team rocket, shotty snipers, ect. It'll actually feel random and chaotic that way
I disagree, unless I'm getting infinite ammo than this is just a bad idea. Whats the fun in running out of ammo and basically being sentenced to death because the enemy, guaranteed has weapons to kill you? Its not enjoyable at all to spawn with a plasma pistol and AR, then be forced to fight a sniper, rocket, prophet, SR, or any other gun which can potentially kill you quicker.

I get you want randomness, but I wouldn't make Fiesta more random at the expense of getting pounded cause you spawned with the weaker weapons, or lost all your ammo.
... in Super Fiesta. In each match, after 10 or so people die, the match devolves from a crazy madhouse of weapons clashing to explosive weapon hoarding. Rocket launchers, fuel rods, and incineration cannons are the only weapons many people use.

I like the chaotic crazy-gameplay of having random weapons but allowing weapon pickup really takes away from that concept.

Because of this, I would like to see weapon pickup disable in Super Fiesta. Run out of ammo? Tough luck: use your fists. Eventually you'll die and have ammo again!
I het nothing but loadout weapons, so ill cry if this happens
AleterixT wrote:
... in Super Fiesta. In each match, after 10 or so people die, the match devolves from a crazy madhouse of weapons clashing to explosive weapon hoarding. Rocket launchers, fuel rods, and incineration cannons are the only weapons many people use.

I like the chaotic crazy-gameplay of having random weapons but allowing weapon pickup really takes away from that concept.

Because of this, I would like to see weapon pickup disable in Super Fiesta. Run out of ammo? Tough luck: use your fists. Eventually you'll die and have ammo again!
I het nothing but loadout weapons, so ill cry if this happens
I dislike loadout weapons as well. Ironically, they're the ones I'm best with.
AleterixT wrote:
... in Super Fiesta. In each match, after 10 or so people die, the match devolves from a crazy madhouse of weapons clashing to explosive weapon hoarding. Rocket launchers, fuel rods, and incineration cannons are the only weapons many people use.

I like the chaotic crazy-gameplay of having random weapons but allowing weapon pickup really takes away from that concept.

Because of this, I would like to see weapon pickup disable in Super Fiesta. Run out of ammo? Tough luck: use your fists. Eventually you'll die and have ammo again!
I het nothing but loadout weapons, so ill cry if this happens
But when everyone has power weapons, power weapons just become the new loadout weapons lol.
i think it would be a good idea for a varient. i would like to bring back the voting system where you could vote for...

A) Fiesta
B) Super Fiesta
C) Fiesta no pick ups
D) Super Fiesta no pick ups

it doesnt have to offer the 4 at once but i loved the voting.
Infinity ammo with reloading should be implemented if you disable weapon pick up.
I think that this is a great idea! The whole point of Fiesta is that you respawn with a new, randomized set of weapons. I've actually intentionally resisted picking up other people's weapons in Fiesta/Super Fiesta to challenge myself, because I think it defeats the point if you abandon what was dealt to you in a randomized game mode. Even if I get stuck with two snipers in a CQC map or two pistols, I won't abandon them until I die.
Agreed, it becomes a cluster of rockets flying everywhere
... in Super Fiesta. In each match, after 10 or so people die, the match devolves from a crazy madhouse of weapons clashing to explosive weapon hoarding. Rocket launchers, fuel rods, and incineration cannons are the only weapons many people use.

I like the chaotic crazy-gameplay of having random weapons but allowing weapon pickup really takes away from that concept.

Because of this, I would like to see weapon pickup disable in Super Fiesta. Run out of ammo? Tough luck: use your fists. Eventually you'll die and have ammo again!
This is exactly the whole point of super fiesta. A fun gamemode that allows you to use any REQ weapon out there. And I'll bring up the obvious question here and ask what happens if you run out of ammo.
I think that this is a great idea! The whole point of Fiesta is that you respawn with a new, randomized set of weapons. I've actually intentionally resisted picking up other people's weapons in Fiesta/Super Fiesta to challenge myself, because I think it defeats the point if you abandon what was dealt to you in a randomized game mode. Even if I get stuck with two snipers in a CQC map or two pistols, I won't abandon them until I die.
I'm glad someone understands and feels me! It doesn't live up to it's potential!
HYv47 wrote:
... in Super Fiesta. In each match, after 10 or so people die, the match devolves from a crazy madhouse of weapons clashing to explosive weapon hoarding. Rocket launchers, fuel rods, and incineration cannons are the only weapons many people use.

I like the chaotic crazy-gameplay of having random weapons but allowing weapon pickup really takes away from that concept.

Because of this, I would like to see weapon pickup disable in Super Fiesta. Run out of ammo? Tough luck: use your fists. Eventually you'll die and have ammo again!
This is exactly the whole point of super fiesta. A fun gamemode that allows you to use any REQ weapon out there. And I'll bring up the obvious question here and ask what happens if you run out of ammo.
See above bolded that you must've missed. You can also propose your own alternative, like picking up a weapon if you run out of ammo.
Wouldn't object to it. I'd appreciate knowing that the chance of there being someone around the corner with rockets is
smaller than normal.
Oh, and just for reference, OP:
Eevium wrote:
I don't play fiesta much because it's just rocket launcher and sniper spam
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Last night I spawned with OathSWORN and was thinking "this will be fun!" Turned the wrong corner and I swear 2 rockets and a sniper bullet killed me all at the same time. Situations like this lead to Super Fiesta feeling less crazy, and more like Team Rockets.
I get triggered like that sometimes.
What if I don't want to die to get another gun?
Joltss1 wrote:
What if I don't want to die to get another gun?
Punch the living -Yoink- out of your enemies.
Joltss1 wrote:
What if I don't want to die to get another gun?
They could add something like "use all your ammo to enable weapon pickup" though that would require additional coding, where I think disabling weapon pickups altogether is already in there.

I don't know what to tell you. Anything is better than the rocketfest it currently is.
In later moments there's just a pile of weapons with people crowding it.

I try to make due with what I have..... unless I get a pp and spitfire..........
Matrillex wrote:
Infinity ammo with reloading should be implemented if you disable weapon pick up.
o yea, and went someone respawn with prophet bane, practically will be inmortal
Bad idea is bad. What if I get stuck with 2 pistols and I see a saw on the ground to have a better for kills. Oh wait cant do it because somebody got sore about weapon pick ups.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6