Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Please get rid of BR starts in the Halo 3 playlist

OP The Kerminater

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
That was definitely my least favorite thing about Halo 3 and it's not what I'd like to remember it by, lol.
If you get rid of the br starts, then its just a halo 5 playlist on different maps lol
So you want AR starts?
If you get rid of the br starts, then its just a halo 5 playlist on different maps lol
It's not. Did you not notice how there's no sprint and no Spartan abilities?

Plus I would actually like that better. I just wanna check out the maps, not play some weird novelty gametype.

Plus I would actually like that better. I just wanna check out the maps, not play some weird novelty gametype.
Why not offer a solution rather than I don't like br's, what would you suggest as a H3 throwback style starting weapon for this playlist?frankly no Br's for H3 would be a bit like having a reach playlist without a dmr or ce playlist without the OP pistal. But I am interested to hear your alternate solution.

Why not offer a solution rather than I don't like br's, what would you suggest as a H3 throwback style starting weapon for this playlist?frankly no Br's for H3 would be a bit like having a reach playlist without a dmr or ce playlist without the OP pistal. But I am interested to hear your alternate solution.
I didn't say no BRs, just get rid of the starting BR. Make it AR or AR/magnum obviously (I kind of figured that was implied? What else would you start with?)

BR starts with this game mode is especially lame because the lack of sprint and abilities makes you a sitting duck to long ranged fire. It's too easy to kill people.
It isn't too easy at all. Just strafe and think about your positioning and you will have a much better time surviving.

I didn't say no BRs, just get rid of the starting BR. Make it AR or AR/magnum obviously (I kind of figured that was implied? What else would you start with?)

BR starts with this game mode is especially lame because the lack of sprint and abilities makes you a sitting duck to long ranged fire. It's too easy to kill people.
I'm wondering if you've actually played it now with that comment?
I suspect your just trolling

Just because you can't see my point doesn't mean it's trolling, ugh

No it's not ridiculously easy, it's just TOO easy. Easier than Halo 5's combat was designed for. All the weapon balancing was done with extreme freedom of movement in mind.

343 made a very lame choice. They're trying to make the playlists feel nostalgic by giving old guns, but they totally ruined default class. Or at least the halo reach default class, of AR and magnum. Don't get me wrong I also love the old br, but 343 gets it wrong. We just want it to be as it used to be.
Anyone else remember when this forum was full of threads demanding the exact opposite? How times change.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
are you serious? why would that be your least favorite thing? its the best loadout. if your strafe is tight and your shots are upper triangle, if you are in a one on one gun battle the better player should win.honestly i watch so many people trying to throw nades or get a melee in and give up their position and chase and all these bad habits when they could have probably won the confrontation if they had just used their gun instead. im not saying the br is hard to use or anything, but you can definitely tell whos hot if their br game is on. also, there are very very few playlists on h5 with a br start so honestly its a nice change of pace

agree.....i dont know anyone who has been playing since h3 or earlier who doesnt like the br...

An AR/magnum start is basically Halo 5 without abilities. And no one would need to use the br when you start with a magnum.
I dont mind the br start the team balancing is my problem i placed d3 and after almost 60 games im still d3 i have around 15 win i have played 95% solo have been punished for it
I checked out your halo 3 stats and I can see you don't like the BR. That's a throwback playlist and it's ranked, so BR is going to be starting weapon. No spartan abilities because it's HALO 3. Sorry but Br start is what majority of Halo 3 players wanted, especially most who play it were high ranked, especially in MLG

Just because you can't see my point doesn't mean it's trolling, ugh

No it's not ridiculously easy, it's just TOO easy. Easier than Halo 5's combat was designed for. All the weapon balancing was done with extreme freedom of movement in mind.
Replacing the BR with the pistol would probably exacerbate the problem your referring to. The pistol is much easier to wield hence why no one uses BRs in 4v4 even if they are present on the map. The pistol outclasses the BR in everything except range which is a non-issue in 4v4.
I dont mind the br start the team balancing is my problem i placed d3 and after almost 60 games im still d3 i have around 15 win i have played 95% solo have been punished for it
I know that feeling. It's why I decided to start my own spartan company with the focus on ranked games. Got tired of always playing solo and not advancing due to randoms :(
IDX Rider wrote:
I know that feeling. It's why I decided to start my own spartan company with the focus on ranked games. Got tired of always playing solo and not advancing due to randoms :(
Im already in two problem is you can not have 4 high mmr player on the same team unless 4 players with the same mmr are searching at the same time then you only play each other all night or you make new accounts and 2 or 3 games later you are back to playing each other plus solo queing gives you a higher csr gain when you win unless someone leaves the game then the gain stops at the point they leave
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2