Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Please, PLEASE fix the UI..

OP DisagreeableTTV

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I'm sure this has been posted before, but this problem has been ongoing with no fixes. This YouTube video was created and I agree 100% with it. Bring back the Halo reach interface options 343i. https://youtu.be/2upjCuYaLrc
https://youtu.be/2upjCuYaLrc

How many updates has it been? How many chances did they have? I don't think 343 wants us to be happy..
Yeah or at least bring back the Halo 5 Beta Lobby UI. Even the neon look on the main menu and I don't like the infinity backdrop and the way Campaign, Multiplayer and Community are laid out.
100% agree the game is great the UI absolutely sucks!
They should of copied Reach. I was very impressed with the UI in that game.
The UI for warzone is what stinks.
They should of copied Reach. I was very impressed with the UI in that game.
this guy should be hired. He's got the right idea!
The UI works as bad as it looks. Sometimes I have to press "Leave Matchmaking" 3 times just to get out of a playlist.
The UI works as bad as it looks. Sometimes I have to press "Leave Matchmaking" 3 times just to get out of a playlist.
And sometimes we get dragged into a new match anyway.
agreed, lol
YEP! They need to fix it stat....
I think its very clear and user friendly. Much better than Halo 4's UI.
^^^^Yep^^^^

That video nailed it. Can't say much more. Pre- and post-game stats being missing is definitely a shame. Emblem, armor, etc sorting is a total joke.

I'd request some energizing Halo music while we're at it. Remember Halo 2's menu music? If not, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCSDeT6dPSU. I mean, the obligatory chant/singing is good, but let's have something more to it. The current menu is bland and uninspiring.

There are a slew of things that can be improved on.
The UI in Halo 5 is not only the worst UI that's been in a Halo, it might actually be the worst UI in a AAA game in like 10 years. Basic, easy stuff is screwed up such as arranging lists alphabetically. The Armor selection screen is an unorganized mess.

The bigger things it gets wrong are even more detrimental to the experience. Not being able to back out of games only to get banned if you quit is not fair. The Warzone REQ UI is laggy and feels like it should still be in early stages of development. Pre and post game lobbies are embarrassing when you compare them to past games in the series.

The Memories of Reach should be a complete overhall to make the UI in line with what Halo Reach had. If that was literally the only thing that that update did it would be the biggest improvement to this game yet.
Yes! This game needs it so badly. I also wouldn't mind them adding in pregame roster and postgame medal viewing while they're at it.
KahlilDubz wrote:
100% agree the game is great the UI absolutely sucks!
Accurate
I'm sure this has been posted before, but this problem has been ongoing with no fixes. This YouTube video was created and I agree 100% with it. Bring back the Halo reach interface options 343i. https://youtu.be/2upjCuYaLrc
Celieleki wrote:
https://youtu.be/2upjCuYaLrc

How many updates has it been? How many chances did they have? I don't think 343 wants us to be happy..
I don't agree with some of the language buddy uses in his video, but his points are 100% bang on! ESPECAILLY the part near the start where he compare Reaches UI to Halo 5! Halo 5 UI is so bloody bad it's unreal really.

Also why did 343I scape there early beta UI??? it was SO much better!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRWyyIgjteE
Both of these.. 😂😂

It is frustrating and the struggle is real
Disagree with some of the video. So, from the top...
1. Main Menu: Is a moving screen comparable to Halo:CE but now it is a view of UNSC ships in orbit somewhere. Quite a few ships fly around the screen if you just sit there. He says the Infinity had nothing really to do with Halo 5, did he not play the game? Where do you think Osiris was stationed? Judging from 4/5 the Infinity is pretty much running most of the operations we are dealing with in game, so it makes for a fitting background.
2. Agree with the pregame lobby complaint. Showing the emblem with no way to see who you are playing with really sucks. No way to mute, no way to see who is on what team. Mute ALL? I'm talking to people, but want to mute the kid whose mom decided she needed to vacuum his room at that moment I now have to mute everyone.
3. Can you not go into commendations to look at enemies killed, legendary bosses killed, and what not? For what armor he has, and being able to look at the weapon commendations but not being able to find the enemy commendations is pretty sad.
4. Medals. Sucks you can't view in game on how your medals are coming along, but if you view the scoreboard post game can't you click on a player to view medals or is that just here on waypoint when looking over previous matches? I mean, it would help people understand the boost from gambit:medal count if they could see their medals compared to everyone else so they can see the exp/req points boosted.
5. Are the emblems not sorted in game? So you can only sort on waypoint by rarity? Seems silly if that's the case.
6. He makes it sound like the number/level reset happens quite a bit. I've only had it happen once and that was just before the servers went down. Same with the not being able to use REQ store and everyone in a lobby having the same red emblem and what not. Maybe it happens more often to other people but not here. Rare occurrences for me. Never had it limit my REQ's in game.
7. Backing out of a lobby does take repeated attempts. This one is kind of a pain in the butt.
8. Bring back clan tag, friends list, and emblem.
9. Selling REQ's. Yes, need a "sell all" at least. Who has 100 REQ's saved up though? Why do you let them stack up like that?
10. Favorite REQ's. At least let us "mute" loadout REQ's for ones we don't want popping up in game. We can make the decision to add the long barrel whatever before the game if we really think we will get in a situation where we need it instead of the extended mag. I don't need a regular battle rifle, classic battle rifle, sentinel battle rifle, and 50 attachments for each. At least clean it up so there's a drop down between the 3 kinds so it's sorted by scope so i can hit a subcategory and then see all 20 attachments for it.
The current UI is what the beta should of been smh.I really do hope they change it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2