2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 17
It serves no purpose to the consumer and player base... Halo 5 sold well, as Halo always does, there wasn't a need to have these to fund future DLC. The map packs etc that BUNGIE (oh noes) released for Halo 2 and 3 always sold well,
It's about preventing the splintering of the community between those that have the latest maps and those that don't.
This way the entire community always has all the maps.
Additionally, there's no need to spend money on reqs except to save time on a game you allegedly enjoy playing to begin with.
Consider how unlocks function in the Battlefield series and the purchasable class based short cut packs. And Battlefield didn't give it's dlc away to all players. Personally, I far prefer what 343i has chosen to do here.
I really don't see a huge problem with emblems being in the req packs. My friend and I had everything that was in silver packs before the new update dropped and will only need 11 silver packs to get all the common-rare reqs from the update, then we go back to buying gold packs (we both have many mythic unlocks in both weapon/vehicle and customization and we haven't spent a penny on this game!). The biggest problem is that some people, maybe even the person who posted this, go straight for gold packs after buying some silver packs. That makes it take forever to get the armors you want. You should buy silver packs until you are only receiving req points from them. Then move onto gold, and just to rub it in the OP's face, I earned the Centurion helmet that way. Also, and I can not stress this enough: SAVE THE PREMIUM REQ PACKS UNTIL YOU HAVE ALL THE COMMON-RARE REQS UNLOCKED, you will have a much larger chance at getting mythic items when all that is left is ultra rare and legendary unlocks.
It is annoying, but no one asked you to grind, and your basically asking them to make it easier to get permanents, which is pretty lame, considering a level one could get a lengendary set of armor in his first gold pack if he got lucky enough. Its all based on luck, but eliminating things to unlock make it that much easier.
why would we remove the emblems from the req packs?
I would like it to be like in previous years where they were all unlock from the first day
After unlocking every req, I agree. They're filler
Yep, totally agree
Emblems are without a doubt the customization option that I care about the least in Halo 5, especially since emblems are no longer displayed on your armor. This makes it extremely infuriating whenever I pop open a Silver REQ Pack and one of my permanent unlocks is an emblem.

Way I see, all emblems- with the exception of those unlocked from Commendations- should be unlocked by default. Isn't there enough grinding in Halo 5 as it is? The one cosmetic item in Halo 5 I want more than anything is the Centurion armor, and at the rate I'm going, it'll probably be years before I get it, much less start to see Mythic REQ drops at all... unless of course one of my 3 remaining Premium REQ Packs from the Arena gives me a full set of Centurion.
So true, thanks.
Emblems are without a doubt the customization option that I care about the least in Halo 5, especially since emblems are no longer displayed on your armor. This makes it extremely infuriating whenever I pop open a Silver REQ Pack and one of my permanent unlocks is an emblem.

Way I see, all emblems- with the exception of those unlocked from Commendations- should be unlocked by default. Isn't there enough grinding in Halo 5 as it is? The one cosmetic item in Halo 5 I want more than anything is the Centurion armor, and at the rate I'm going, it'll probably be years before I get it, much less start to see Mythic REQ drops at all... unless of course one of my 3 remaining Premium REQ Packs from the Arena gives me a full set of Centurion.
i never liked emblems besides yig and yang
I think they should just put the emblems in bronze packs so people can get them if they want to.
I feel betrayed when i use my hard earned credits to purchase a gold pack and get rewarded with an emblem.You should be able to unlock them by completing certain tasks.
I have a feeling if this were the case there would people complaining that they obtained all the reqs. The emblem system is in place so that you keep playing to get the reqs you want.
I hate having emblems in packs or part of the req system in my opinion,can we please get split-screen back it was one of the biggest and fun part of halo
I feel betrayed when i use my hard earned credits to purchase a gold pack and get rewarded with an emblem.You should be able to unlock them by completing certain tasks.
Agreed, in fact they should add that if you get achievements you unlock emblems as well too
Remove emblems from normal REQ's they are so annoying to get!
I strongly dislike req packs all together. Me personally I prefer how it was in reach with you going from rank to rank and unlocking new armour in the rank. Plus it makes you feeling like you completed a goal and better about your self by getting to a higher rank. Also I liked how you had to earn credits in order to buy the armour that made up want to work harder just so you could get more credits out of a match from the commendations.
I agree my friend! At least put them on your armor or Helmet so they mean something!
Quote:
I am in full agreement.
Yeah I'm trying to scale up to what I should have already but I can't get anything I want because of all these damn emblems and armour pieces, which very few of them I like.

REQ packs should be divided into three categories:
Warzone: Giving you REQ weapons, vehicles, power ups, loadouts, armour mods and boosts
Arena: Gives assassinations and boosts
Customisation: Emblems, stances and armours
I'd rather have the REQ system gone altogether, and commendations be the way to get things (I loathe RNG based reward systems) but I wouldn't mind this
Yea I hate it when I get an emblem in a gold or silver pack I don't mind if it's a legendary emblem that looks cool but if its an ugly one I hate it when I get one.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 17