Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Poor matchmaking and parties still ruin the game

OP Exstrike

The ranked playlist in this game are an absolute joke. Why do I STILL, AFTER OVER A YEAR, keep getting matched up against parties of 4? Especially when they're all Onyxs, a rank I've never got to.

343 Industries are an absolute disgrace of a company. They constantly REFUSE to fix anything that is wrong with their pathetic game.

Absolute basic matchmaking that Bungie got right 10 years ago. Who on earth hires these people?
You're in ranked playlist, what did you expect, solo players? Sometimes they'll all be an entire rank above you, but that also allows you to rank higher if you beat them.
"Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
Donquixote Doflamingo
Also, are you aware that there are multiple employees at 343 that previously worked for Bungie...?
Also, are you aware that there are multiple employees at 343 that previously worked for Bungie...?
Yes, I am. I don't know what went wrong.
You're in ranked playlist, what did you expect, solo players? Sometimes they'll all be an entire rank above you, but that also allows you to rank higher if you beat them.
No, I expect teams to play teams, like it should be
Hardly matters though, as you can count the amount on just a hand.
"Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
Donquixote Doflamingo
Matchmaking is terrible. I was in a slayer game, two players on the other team were diamond 4, I was unranked, had a diamond on my team and a gold 1. How is it right that a gold 1 plays against diamonds? I understand that matchmaking has to expand, but come on, you are supposed to play people your own skill level and progress. Playing higher level players doesn't make you better, it makes you quit playing the game. Warzone prime example of a worthless playlist. I lost a game 1000-83. That was fun. Team battle, more the same. Funny enough, sometimes ranked is better than social because the matches at least have some duration. I'm an average player who has good games once in awhile. I play solo most of the time. Halo 2, Halo 3, Reach, didn't matter, matches were balanced. Halo 4, Halo 5, you are screwed. Pure and simple. I can't in good faith buy Halo 6, I have been a Halo player since it first came out. Huge chunk of my recreation time swallowed up by Halo. Remember the days where 1,000,000 people played Halo every night? What is the count now? In Halo 4 it was only around 20,000. I imagine Halo 5 is in the 50,000 range, but either way, the game can't deliver on fun as it used to.
headyman44 wrote:
Matchmaking is terrible. I was in a slayer game, two players on the other team were diamond 4, I was unranked, had a diamond on my team and a gold 1. How is it right that a gold 1 plays against diamonds? I understand that matchmaking has to expand, but come on, you are supposed to play people your own skill level and progress. Playing higher level players doesn't make you better, it makes you quit playing the game. Warzone prime example of a worthless playlist. I lost a game 1000-83. That was fun. Team battle, more the same. Funny enough, sometimes ranked is better than social because the matches at least have some duration. I'm an average player who has good games once in awhile. I play solo most of the time. Halo 2, Halo 3, Reach, didn't matter, matches were balanced. Halo 4, Halo 5, you are screwed. Pure and simple. I can't in good faith buy Halo 6, I have been a Halo player since it first came out. Huge chunk of my recreation time swallowed up by Halo. Remember the days where 1,000,000 people played Halo every night? What is the count now? In Halo 4 it was only around 20,000. I imagine Halo 5 is in the 50,000 range, but either way, the game can't deliver on fun as it used to.
Please don't necropost a 1 month dead thread thanks. Check the date of the last post before you post.