Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Powerful but unknown REQ’s

OP JG Graffiti

Using Random Weapon REQ cards has exposed me to some really powerful weapons that I really wouldn’t have expected to be as good as they are. They hold up surprisingly well in Mythic Warzone Firefight againts any type of enemy. Are these sleeper picks, or are all the Power Weapons genuinely powerful?

-Blissful Slumber
-Needler (+ Variants)
-Machine Gun Turret (+ Variants)
-Arclight (Obvious one but wow was it nice)
-Lightrifle (+ Variants)
-Open Hand (+ Variants)

For Hunters, I rock damage boost and a Plasma Caster and I feel like it’s so powerful.

This is is all I got so far for all my unexpected power in my REQ cards. If you know something I don’t please add as I’ll be playing a lot of Warzone Firefight.
Every “+ variant” is pretty powerful. It all comes down to your preference and how you use each one. You’ll sometimes find that the “tier 2” weapons are preferable over their “tier 3 or 4” superiors.

If you want to get a better idea of what weapons meet your playstyle, Super Fiesta is a great place to experiment. Of course, it won’t be a perfect match for Firefight, but you’ll get a good idea.
The Carbine that shoots needle rifle shots (I forget what it's called) is one of the best overall weapons. Long range and a 3 or 4 shot perfect kill, it's perfect for Super Fiesta and Warzone.
The Carbine that shoots needle rifle shots (I forget what it's called) is one of the best overall weapons. Long range and a 3 or 4 shot perfect kill, it's perfect for Super Fiesta and Warzone.
Blood of Suban is what you're looking for.
Whiplash is the king of the REQs, but one that I love using is the Barbed Lance. If you have good aim the TTK for a perfect is so fast and it comes with plenty of ammo.
Both carbine upgrades are awesome. Rain of Oblivion is lethal as well as blood of suban but for very different reasons.
Both carbine upgrades are awesome. Rain of Oblivion is lethal as well as blood of suban but for very different reasons.
I love the Blood of Suban, it's one of my favorite REQs.
Using Random Weapon REQ cards has exposed me to some really powerful weapons that I really wouldn’t have expected to be as good as they are. They hold up surprisingly well in Mythic Warzone Firefight againts any type of enemy. Are these sleeper picks, or are all the Power Weapons genuinely powerful?

-Blissful Slumber
-Needler (+ Variants)
-Machine Gun Turret (+ Variants)
-Arclight (Obvious one but wow was it nice)
-Lightrifle (+ Variants)
-Open Hand (+ Variants)

For Hunters, I rock damage boost and a Plasma Caster and I feel like it’s so powerful.

This is is all I got so far for all my unexpected power in my REQ cards. If you know something I don’t please add as I’ll be playing a lot of Warzone Firefight.
One thing to note about covenant weapons is that they are weaker against Prometheans. I don't why it's like this but it's kinda annoying. 2 weapons I want to mention are the barbed lance and blood of suban. These are both very useful since they are both req lvl 4 and have a lot of ammo.

In firefight the barbed lance is more useful than the blood of suban since it's good against all enemies. The blood of suban really struggles against prometheans even after a super combine it won't take the shield off a soldier. Where as against covenant it is very powerful.

The pool of radiance is quite good against knights and hunters since they don't move around much and you get the aoe effect from the weapon.

For me the top 5 weapon classes would be.
5. Lasers
4. Light Rifles
3. Carbines
2. Rail Guns
1. Plasma Casters

I normally play heroic but I did play a lot of mythic in the past. I really didn't use much weapons in mythic past round 2 soo can't comment much on thay. I only remember dying quite easily trying to use more weapons in mythic
Binary rifles are one of the most hidden gems for bosses. Most people think of them as anti-infantry sniper rifles but they do massive damage against hunters and knights. Using a basic binary rifle against a mythic knight, 2-3 shots (depending on the mode) will destroy a shoulder. The twin jewels will 1-2 shot any knights shoulder off, and against a mythic hunter can kill it in as little as a shot or two in the back
I agree, the lightrifle is so underrated 3-4 shots if you don't miss and get a head shot. I generally go in with voids tear and overshield, I can only do it late in game because of how garbage I am at H5 and how long it takes me to get my req levels, but once I do get the voids tear I usually end up with 9 kills with it.