Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Pre determined matches

OP oTH3 ASSASSINo

Idk why but sometimes I feel like the game already knows what team is going to win or lose before the game even starts. Let me elaborate!

Guns not shooting the right way when pulling the trigger, gun reloads mid fight, primary and secondary weapons switching randomly, my button layout changing on its own during a match (I'm the only one that plays my Xbox...EVER!), consistently spawning into battle and as of just yesterday I lost a fair one on one fight but as I respawned I was placed literally in front of someone with a shotgun as they were walking and died again. I barely even saw my reticle before I was dead again.

On the other hand I have matches where I win by getting some very sketchy kills and know I didn't deserve to win the game because of the weirdness. Headshots when I'm not even aiming at the head, 3 shot perfect kills, grenades that miss but then someone how stick the person, while moving around the map having people spawn right next to me or my team and get destroyed instantly kill after kill not even getting a chance to fight back. the list can go on for both.

is this just something odd or do other people get the feeling like matches are somewhat predetermined by some algorithm or something ?
I can usually tell which team is gonna win just by looking at the players. But that issue with your guns reloading on their own and button layout changing is something I haven't heard of :/
But that issue with your guns reloading on their own and button layout changing is something I haven't heard of :/
I dont believe that OP is being entirely truthful or he has something wrong with his One. Ive never heard this complaint on any Halo or Xbox related forum ive ever been on.
I think you need to get your controller checked.
I think you're reading a little too far into it OP. I've never had experience with guns reloading or swapping on accident and have never heard of anyone else mention it either. Could there be something wrong with your buttons?
My controller changed automatically to default several times. I think it was during the server/matchmaking patch/couldn’t find a game issues.
I don’t remember the exact circumstances but I haven’t had issues since.
Sounds like a controller, server and map spawn issue.

I do agree that the game will purposely put you in games where you have a better chance of losing or winning because it's trying to balance your win/loss ratio.
I can usually tell which team is gonna win just by looking at the players. But that issue with your guns reloading on their own and button layout changing is something I haven't heard of :/
trust me I know it sounds weird and the next time it happens I think I'm going to record it and post it to the forum.
Nooga wrote:
But that issue with your guns reloading on their own and button layout changing is something I haven't heard of :/
I dont believe that OP is being entirely truthful or he has something wrong with his One. Ive never heard this complaint on any Halo or Xbox related forum ive ever been on.
I honestly don't gain anything coming on a forum and lying about something like this. I guess I'm gong to start recording my matches to show proof.
Check and see if your controller needs to be updated OP, I've heard this once or twice in the support forums and i'm sure the answer was that controller needed updating.
My controller changed automatically to default several times. I think it was during the server/matchmaking patch/couldn’t find a game issues.
I don’t remember the exact circumstances but I haven’t had issues since.
There was a post on the controller changing back to default a while back. I don't remember the specifics. Whether it resolved by a controller update or hard boot on the Xbox. The strangest thing I've had happen was getting kills for a weapon I didn't use when I had 0 of them in my arsenal...lol. A lot of his issues sounds like combination of bad luck and good ol' lag.
Sounds like serious lag.
Nooga wrote:
I honestly don't gain anything coming on a forum and lying about something like this. I guess I'm gong to start recording my matches to show proof.
Just to clarify, recording your matches does not prove that you didn't hit y to swap or hit x to reload(if those are your layouts). without sending video of your body in your room playing the game, you can't prove anything. No harm meant.
Controller Scheme Change is a common glitch just flick to something different then back to your own scheme, it should be refreshed.
Idk why but sometimes I feel like the game already knows what team is going to win or lose before the game even starts. Let me elaborate!

Guns not shooting the right way when pulling the trigger, gun reloads mid fight, primary and secondary weapons switching randomly, my button layout changing on its own during a match (I'm the only one that plays my Xbox...EVER!), consistently spawning into battle and as of just yesterday I lost a fair one on one fight but as I respawned I was placed literally in front of someone with a shotgun as they were walking and died again. I barely even saw my reticle before I was dead again.

On the other hand I have matches where I win by getting some very sketchy kills and know I didn't deserve to win the game because of the weirdness. Headshots when I'm not even aiming at the head, 3 shot perfect kills, grenades that miss but then someone how stick the person, while moving around the map having people spawn right next to me or my team and get destroyed instantly kill after kill not even getting a chance to fight back. the list can go on for both.

is this just something odd or do other people get the feeling like matches are somewhat predetermined by some algorithm or something ?
Wow, its as if i wrote this myself! Now, if anyone plays super fiesta, you have most likely seen my name a few times. My husband and i play almost every night (who knows why, but even with all the BS that happens, its addicting, or we are insane) we switch the controller back and forth and get almost the exact same scores. He has been playing since halo 1... i have only played 5... his scores should be way better than anything i can do. We have random once a month maybe where we have a decent match, and then every other one does nothing but leave us shaking our heads. At first we thought it was our controller... we bought a new one.. and then an elite controller... and then 2 more regular new ones... nothing makes a difference. I dont know how they determine who gets the win... but im guessing the people who spend money have a better chance to win... sucks you can't win by having skill.. i totally know where you are coming from
If you have a high K/d it feels like you get players with really low K/D's on your team
I honestly never experienced this ever in any halo game including Halo 5. I don’t know what to say mate.
I honestly never experienced this ever in any halo game including Halo 5. I don’t know what to say mate.
Yeah, I mean I have experienced lag and screen freeze in games but weapons switching and reloading on their own or not operating have never happened. My controller layout has never changed. Sometimes I wonder if some make these things up.
LethalQ wrote:
Yeah, I mean I have experienced lag and screen freeze in games but weapons switching and reloading on their own or not operating have never happened. My controller layout has never changed. Sometimes I wonder if some make these things up.
Honestly thats what I think at times with the things people say on here
My wife has had the controller thing happen a few times, and i have myself once. I believe we didn't close Halo the previous night and the first game things we wacky. We did a hard reset on the Xbox(s) and didn't have the issue again. As far as the OP's weapons not working/switching, I would have to say poor connection.