Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Precursors History, Flood, A.Humanity

OP WWelchIII

Something that has been sparking my eye for attention lately is the Precursors. Now knowing that most of the precursor race went extinct due to the forerunners and their halo's will they have major parts in the upcoming games. They have great links with the Flood and the virus was born through the precursors. Ancient humans have had a cure for the Parasite. I'm thinking if the flood return humanity is going to stomble upon ancient humanity transcripts telling us on how to stop a flood out break immediately! Thus being able to control and contain the already infected.

This is all just theory but please share with me your thoughts of they could play a role in upcoming games?
From what I can tell the "cure" Ancient Humanity utilized was a lie. The Flood just decided to pull back.

I definitely think we'll be seeing Precursors soon enough though.
Quote:
From what I can tell the "cure" Ancient Humanity utilized was a lie. The Flood just decided to pull back.
Hmm...

There's evidence that denies a cure, but there's plenty that supports its existence as well.

In Primordium, we see the Primordial and Mendicant Bias overseeing a ton of brutal expiremets on humans that inhabited I-07 after the Master Builder left it. But what were they looking for? If the Primordial is going to go through all of that effort to manipulate a Contender Class AI and gain control of a Halo ring that can be heavily defended, it's obvious that he wanted something that the humans possessed – a cure for the defective powder that failed to reconstruct the Precursors original forms.

Also, in the current setting, Avery Johnson had a mysterious immunity to the Flood. Not only did the a Flood Supercells fail to infect him, but they also died in their attempt.

The Primordial may have told the IsoDidact that the cure wasn't existent, but that could have been only half-true, and it was certainly a provocative statement...

"It is your task to kill this servent. That another may be freed."

Quote:
They are coming...
Quote:
They are coming...
I get the feeling that we'll be seeing the IsoDidact and the Neo Librarian.

The actual Precursors? I think that would be a tall order. A Halo wiped clean the system where the Precursor's fled and the Halo array wiped the galaxy clean as well. What's more we know that the overlapping fields would have greatly extended the range of the blast into the void of space between galaxies.

The Flood would have to be out there pretty deep to escape and if they did, then they likely would have just started assimilating everything in the Andromeda galaxy.

In which case Humanity might be thoroughly boned.
Quote:
Quote:
They are coming...
The Flood would have to be out there pretty deep to escape and if they did, then they likely would have just started assimilating everything in the Andromeda galaxy.
While I can't speak for the Andromedan's (May the old gods and the new help them), I can say that Installation 07 has a lot of goodies inside of it; several Proto-Graveminds are on the appetizer menu.

One of Infinity's missions is to locate the remaining Halos and establish permanent bases on them... I sure hope that Infinity stays WELL away from 07.
Quote:
In which case Humanity might be thoroughly boned.
Literally. Flood forms often repurpose calcium bone structures into melee weapons, and even launch them as projectiles.
Quote:
Quote:
Hmm...

There's evidence that denies a cure, but there's plenty that supports its existence as well.

In Primordium, we see the Primordial and Mendicant Bias overseeing a ton of brutal expiremets on humans that inhabited I-07 after the Master Builder left it. But what were they looking for? If the Primordial is going to go through all of that effort to manipulate a Contender Class AI and gain control of a Halo ring that can be heavily defended, it's obvious that he wanted something that the humans possessed – a cure for the defective powder that failed to reconstruct the Precursors original forms.

Also, in the current setting, Avery Johnson had a mysterious immunity to the Flood. Not only did the a Flood Supercells fail to infect him, but they also died in their attempt.

The Primordial may have told the IsoDidact that the cure wasn't existent, but that could have been only half-true, and it was certainly a provocative statement...

Quote:
They are coming...
I am 99% sure they retconned Johnson's immunity to the flood and in the new established lore he just simply fought his way out with other survivors.
Johnson is still immune, it just isn't because he has Boren's Syndrome as first mentioned in First Strike. Boren's Syndrome, funnily enough, is total BS for the Spartan-Is and was simply used as a cover for their augmentations.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hmm...

Quote:
They are coming...
I am 99% sure they retconned Johnson's immunity to the flood and in the new established lore he just simply fought his way out with other survivors.
I think that 343i may have retconned that retcon at some point; if they haven't, they should.
Quote:
Quote:

This confused me for some time, as the novel strongly inferred it was a case of the Flood pulling back, and not immunity as originally theorized. But there were none of the typical plot or narrative devices to indicate that the "pull back" theory was merely incorrect speculation on behalf of the characters. It wasn't one of Bear's clearest novels, to be sure.

But what were they looking for?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This confused me for some time, as the novel strongly inferred it was a case of the Flood pulling back, and not immunity as originally theorized. But there were none of the typical plot or narrative devices to indicate that the "pull back" theory was merely incorrect speculation on behalf of the characters. It wasn't one of Bear's clearest novels, to be sure.

The Primordial never conducted experiments on humans, Faber did, if you have any quotes that contradict my statement than please post them. Anyway, Faber conducted experiments on humans to try to find the cure (which doesn't exist). As for the Primordial... his only relationship to humans, was his attempt to enlist any GEAS he could find on Installation 07.
Quote:
The Primordial never conducted experiments on humans, Faber did, if you have any quotes that contradict my statement than please post them. Anyway, Faber conducted experiments on humans to try to find the cure (which doesn't exist). As for the Primordial... his only relationship to humans, was his attempt to enlist any GEAS he could find on Installation 07.
Okay, I clearly need to re-read the trilogy. But I stand by my statement that the wider story between H4 and the Forerunner trilogy is unnecessarily complicated (;

So the Palace of Pain was originally Faber's deal, and only after he was removed from the picture did the Primordial take over the operation and start herding humans toward it for his purposes?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Faber started the expiremets, that's completely true. However, after Faber lost control of the installation, the Primordial continued the expirements for unknown reasons. Additionally, it's implied that the Primordial was manipulating Faber into starting them and carrying on with them from the beginning.

The Primordial clearly wanted something from those humans.
Quote:
Faber started the expiremets, that's completely true. However, after Faber lost control of the installation, the Primordial continued the expirements for unknown reasons. Additionally, it's implied that the Primordial was manipulating Faber into starting them and carrying on with them from the beginning.

The Primordial clearly wanted something from those humans.
Yes, weren't most humans implanted with a GEAS? I don't think the Timeless One was experimenting on any humans (I'm trying to find a quote to prove otherwise). Faber infected humans with the flood, now the Primordial has a force to takeover the ring with. I thought it was implied that they (0-32 and the Primordial) were looking for ancient humans who wished revenge upon the forerunners. Ancient Humans who were willing to do whatever it takes to destroy them like they did to humans, like they did to the Precursors. A plan of vengeance by using their own weapon against them.
Precusors are a species unlike any other. They were a very advanced species, and were more ancient than the forerunners. They had the power to take on any form they desire. They had technology tier 0 (there are 7 tiers, tier 7 species are the least advanced species, and tier 0 species were the most advanced species). The precursors were the only species to reach tier 0.They originally came from outside the milky way, and arrived here trillions of years ago. They later created the forerunners, and were responsible for creating all other life in the milky way. Over time they would decide which species was worthy of the mantle (role of gaudian ship of all life).
The precursors later chose the forerunners, but later decided they weren't worthy of the role, and instead chose humanity. The forerunner were extremely angry , and waged war on the precursors. The forerunners drove the precursors to extinction, and only a few escaped.

The precursors that escaped created a dust that gave them super strength and the ability to come back from the dead, thus creating the flood.
The dust the precursors created later became corrupt and made the precursors go insane. The forerunner then created halo rings to wipe out every sentient being in the galaxy, including the flood, the forerunners collected DNA from every species and stored the in contaners, so they return after the firing of the halo rings. ( the forerunners also kept a small sample of the flood in the halo ring for research).

Later in halo CE, when the covenant landed in the halo ring, they accidentally let the sample go and released the flood again, since then the flood started infecting the galaxy all over again.
Later on in halo 3, the chief and arby stopped the flood.
Please don't revive old topics thanks