Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Preventing a setamrolling

OP WarriorBravo329

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Frustrating yes! However It makes for more cohesiveness if you have headsets and actually think it out and have a well planned coordinated attack. If your randomly joining games and running and gunning get used to the slaughter house rules.
My advice to new players is avoid WZ until you have a good stockpile of weapons including most of your load out weapons. Try FireFight, if you must. What good would having access to all your reqs be if you don't have many to begin with? Will you pull out your 1 norfang when your core is open 4 minutes into a game and the enemy team is pushing hard? I wouldn't, and I don't think many of my friends would. I would save it for a game that I could reasonable expect to get multiple kills before dieing. Getting cored early sucks. I know that on Noctus it happens a lot. Ever single time I play it, I go to our garage and clear it out and have to kill 2-4 enemy Spartans as well. Usually, by myself as the rest of my team goes to the monument. If I die and we don't get our garage, and we don't take the monument, it is pretty much game over. The only way to reverse it is if if 4 teammates see we are losing the garage and come help get it. Want to know when that happens? When I have my mic on and I use it to tell them to get to our garage NOW. I know the icon flashes, but not until you clear all the AI. My point is there are ways to prevent being cored early, but you have to work as a team and talk to each other.
I know what your talking about. But it's the damn lopsided matches which shouldn't happen. Matchmaking in general for WZ. Low population doesn't exactly explain why you we get matched with Champ - Plat when your ranked low gold. There needs to be a divide between social WZ and ranked in the matchmaking. Like put the low level players in with each other and maybe a couple of higher ranked players. Not the majority being high ranked to kick the crap out of the lower level players. The new players and low level don't have much of a chance. I play to have fun, and it's not fun to get kicked to the curb almost every game.
Im all for a safe zone in wz where the team essentially surrenders without having to quit the game. If you have zero chance of getting out of your base & the other team is just farming you for 20mins & the core remains untouched, this would be an easy & simple solution.
The best way to prevent Steamrolling is to steamroll the other team before they steamroll you.
This is so true, and yet at the same time it's describing exactly what it is that I don't ever want Halo to become. Of course I'm way too late. Halo is now, more than ever before, an objectivist's paradise. I don't know. Maybe the developer would have their feelings hurt to hear me say that, but if I ever sat back and tried to imagine a Halo that was built for the exclusive benefit of the most highly skilled players then this would be it. I know that to some extent I'm conflating game design with external and uncontrollable factors like population, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... then it's still a duck no matter how it got that way.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Why should we reward people for doing poorly in a game?
It's not rewarding for doing bad.... It's the damn matchmaking system that's flawed. It's so lopsided it's often pathetic.
BadDogg55 wrote:
It's not rewarding for doing bad.... It's the damn matchmaking system that's flawed. It's so lopsided it's often pathetic.
Yeah, I mentioned that in my previous post which I think is the root of the issue.
If we were expected to accept bad teammates they need to lift the ban if you quit feature. Since they won't do that give us a defensive option. Also I just got into Halo 5 and I refuse to preorder Halo 6 till I see if the campaign goes back to it's old standard.
Why is it you think you deserve to just be handed a win? You do realize that, when your team is getting outplayed, there are more options than 1.) Quit, and 2.) Make the game give me more weapons, spawns closer to where I want to be, Deus Ex Machina turrets, and an extra bowl of wheaties? This might blow your mind, but, sometimes, other players are better than you, whether that be because of skill level, or a more cohesive team, better communications, whatever. When that happens, the 'git gud' bit that you so quickly write off, is actually how it's supposed to be. If you honestly believe that, if anyone in the game is knocking your teeth in, then the game is somehow flawed or poorly designed, then prepare yourself for an entire lifetime of disappointment. Sometimes, you get whooped. You aren't some god-like halo-deity; you sometimes get beat, and that's that. Requiring the game to make up for your shortcomings? Now THAT would be poor game design.

Also, comparing previous Halo iterations' matchmaking to H5's Warzone is incredibly far off base. See, there's two entire categories of playlists in H5 that aren't Warzone: Social Arena, and Ranked Arena. In those, you don't get to call in Reqs like in Warzone, making them (and this might sound crazy but stick with me here) similar to previous iterations of matchmaking. In fact, Halo 3 had something similar, in which one grouping of matchmaking playlists was relaxed and unranked (you could even call it "social"), and another group of ranked playlists. Considering a bunch of alien enemies also try and steamroll you in Warzone, your comparison is extremely out of line. Then again, you're complaining about the fact that the game doesn't drop a nuke on your enemies every time you start to lose (totally through no fault of your own, obvi!), so I really don't know what I expected. Drop the narcissism, suck it up, and if you're losing, lose with some damn dignity.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2