Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Prime example.

OP UrJesusDiedLmao

Do not make nonconstructive posts, call people out, or post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
So because guests don't work in ranked they take out splitscreen in every game mode? Great point dude.
So because guests don't work in ranked they take out splitscreen in every game mode? Great point dude.
This wasn't a ranked match, look at the top, it was an Action Sack, or unranked game type. I'm just pointing out that this is the type of thing that shows why people are unhappy with guests. Why would he have joined the game, knowing his teammate, wouldn't be playing? It was only 2 captures, so it had to be a full game, meaning for 12?-15? minutes, they guy wasn't playing. I'm merely giving an opinion, and a great example. If you have a different opinion, explain it.
What a load of crap OP.
And that somehow justifies taking Split-Screen out of Campaign? Really?
Because I somehow think you are a bit biased.

"OMG, developers, some users (a VERY SMALL percentage) are using split-screen to their advantage!!1!"
"QUICK, DELETE SPLIT-SCREEN.EXE FROM THE HALO 5 DISCS IMMEDIATELY!"
I actual agree. My friends and I hate it when we see guests on our team, because we know they are going to suck and bring us down. Especially if it is a team full of guests, 4-player splitscreen is the worst.

I also just feel bad for the other team when I see that too, because it just seems unfair. They're basically just easy kills 90% of the time.
I actual agree. My friends and I hate it when we see guests on our team, because we know they are going to suck and bring us down. Especially if it is a team full of guests, 4-player splitscreen is the worst.

I also just feel bad for the other team when I see that too, because it just seems unfair. They're basically just easy kills 90% of the time.
There is a difference between guests and people with actual Gamertags playing split-screen.
And there is even a bigger difference between that and playing split-screen through the Campaign.

So get down of your horses, the only reason they are not putting Split-Screen is because of this generation of consoles' limitations.

"OMG, developers, some users (a VERY SMALL percentage) are using split-screen to their advantage!!1!"
What exactly is the advantage for this guy to use splitscreen and not have them play? They lost, and got a crappy K/D... where is the upside here?
Are you just blindly attacking my point without actually knowing what it is?

There is a difference between guests and people with actual Gamertags playing split-screen.
And there is even a bigger difference between that and playing split-screen through the Campaign.

So get down of your horses, the only reason they are not putting Split-Screen is because of this generation of consoles' limitations.
We don't ride horses though... Those limitations, eh? I think I'm gonna go split screen on Gears now with my cousin.

What exactly is the advantage for this guy to use splitscreen and not have them play? They lost, and got a crappy K/D... where is the upside here?
Are you just blindly attacking my point without actually knowing what it is?
Because more often than not, in my online matches, since nobody uses microphone, the ones having an edge where those either playing together online or in Split-Screen.

We don't ride horses though... Those limitations, eh? I think I'm gonna go split screen on Gears now with my cousin.
Please, tell me how it feels to play Watch_Dogs or Crysis 3 at 1080p...
oh, wait. Seriously though, the current generation of consoles is... disappointing.

Halo 5 does not look that much better from Halo 4, and they took out Split-Screen saying it was to preserve the graphic quality... when it could be possible to lower the quality only for those playing in Split-Screen, just like Halo 4 does.

Meanwhile, OP is trying to say it was to even the online battlefield, but that is simply not true.
What a stupid example. They were just statting. They probably voted Lightning flag to K/D pad, and at the end the other team still capped and they blame theyre teammates. They were hugely supperior players.

They had a total of 176 kills while the other team had only 100 kills. If you cant cap a flag with so much more kills then you should stop voting for objective, period.

The guest might have 0 kills, but the worst on the other team also just has 12 kills in a 15 minute match where 1 bullet kills. Doesnt matter that one guy played split screen and the other doesnt. I could upload pictures daily where people with normal GTs get goosed.

And then you come up with competitive and MLG while you post a picture from Action Sack LF stat padders lmao.
They can just disable Splitscreen for competitive playlist and allow it for Social/Warzone etc. Just how it was in H3.
This wasn't a ranked match, look at the top, it was an Action Sack, or unranked game type. I'm just pointing out that this is the type of thing that shows why people are unhappy with guests. Why would he have joined the game, knowing his teammate, wouldn't be playing? It was only 2 captures, so it had to be a full game, meaning for 12?-15? minutes, they guy wasn't playing. I'm merely giving an opinion, and a great example. If you have a different opinion, explain it.
no op, just, no. i am in full support of not supporting guests in ranked play lists, but in customs, social and campaign there's still no reason to not have it, "oh but the video quality will suffer QQ!" we know that, we don't care, it's not exactly a new compromise to split screen, what we care about is being able to play at the same time as the people sat next to us without having too fork out xoo's of £/$ for a new console and possibly TV
A good guest will score points. The guest in your link simply is bad at Halo.
I think most of the people who complain about the delete of the Split Screen is for the Co-op Campaign
Lambossity wrote:
What a stupid example. They were just statting. They probably voted Lightning flag to K/D pad, and at the end the other team still capped and they blame theyre teammates. They were hugely supperior players.

They had a total of 176 kills while the other team had only 100 kills. If you cant cap a flag with so much more kills then you should stop voting for objective, period.

The guest might have 0 kills, but the worst on the other team also just has 12 kills in a 15 minute match where 1 bullet kills. Doesnt matter that one guy played split screen and the other doesnt. I could upload pictures daily where people with normal GTs get goosed.

And then you come up with competitive and MLG while you post a picture from Action Sack LF stat padders lmao.
They can just disable Splitscreen for competitive playlist and allow it for Social/Warzone etc. Just how it was in H3.
Sigh. I'll ask him to upload the video to show you that just because you got the kills, doesn't mean that the MASSIVELY quicker respawn, only taking a single shot to kill you, and the extra person, kinda nullifies the 'higher kills'. Just because he had a higher amount of kills, doesn't make him a stat padder. I think you're just tossing everyone into a boat so you can justify your opinion.
Miss Umi wrote:
A good guest will score points. The guest in your link simply is bad at Halo.
He wasn't playing, at all. Or moving. Otherwise, he would have at the very least a point.
This was posted in a group I'm in on Facebook, but to be able to show you, I went to his profile and copied from there, where it shows a PRIME example as to why there will no longer be guests on Halo 5.
In this game, as you can see, the top two players on the losing team, went 94 kills 32 deaths, and 70 kills 31 deaths.
The guest in this particular situation, has literally 0 points. Meaning, he took up a spot where they could have had even someone shooting, which would stop the other team from being able to just run in and score twice. He claimed to have grabbed the flag multiple times, and even showed the 'flag kill' and 'flag joust' medals, so you can tell he didn't just sit there trying to get kills.
But this right here shows perfectly as to why they are taking out the unnecessary split screen. They are focusing more on the MLG, or balanced, and tournament play. Tournaments don't have guests, or people who just sit there and don't play, causing you to lose.
I get the guest part, but this does not mean they should remove splitscreen. Ranked playlists shouldn't have guests, but unranked playlists it really doesn't matter. Not everyone uses splitscreen to play with people who haven't ever played before. I play with my sister all the time, and she is quite good at it (Still not better than me, but not my fault c:) I was taking this seriously till the last paragraph, because this one element should not remove splitscreen altogether. MLGs should just play the ranked playlists, while the casuals and family members should play the casual playlists. Its not like it matters. Nobody gives 2 craps about their KDR anymore. Nobody even looks at their W/L ratio. Sometimes we have to deal with the fact we get someone on our team that sucks, being a guest or not. I understand that the guest joined and AFK'd through the whole game. Acts like this should be cracked down upon. That is just dumb for him to join when he would'nt even play. However, removing splitscreen has nothing, and shouldn't have anything to do with guests plaquing CASUAL playlists. Also, if there is 1 person on your team AFKing or sucking really bad, just adapt to that. Heck, just camp around him and shoot someone when the guest gets shot. Free kills. Or, you can stick with your team and take down targets easier.