Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Pro Players: Helljumper or Button Jumper?

OP AAAncient

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Title says it all.
Which one do you believe is best and why?
Little personal input to this from myself:
I've always (since Halo 3) used Bumper Jumper for Halo. I perfected every aspect of it. But skills centered around using the right stick to zoom in battles for accuracy have been lost in games like Destiny. We're L2 is favored for ADS.
So I've naturally gravitated towards Helljumper. But feel that Melee on the right stick is limiting, even maybe putting myself at a disadvantage.
I'd also like thoughts on Melee heavy players about using the right stick over RB. Thanks for any input!
Been using fish stick, I'll have to look at the hell jumper controls and see what I think.
The best layout is simply the one that works best for you
halo 4 setting ftw
I have tried Bumper Jumper and cant do eeeeet. It screwed my game up for a couple days, so I went back to default. The problem with the default is that it makes it hard to jump and aim.
agreed
I'm using an Elite controller so Jump is on ring finger
Frank1ller wrote:
halo 4 setting ftw
This ^
Any love for Recon? No? just me...
bumper jumper. The only flaw is the thrust on X. It forces me to remove my thumb from the right stick which is very detrimental when u're in a BR duel for example.
I normally play default inverted, I wish that you could map your own layout but I don't think that's going to happen.
Aquilapath wrote:
I normally play default inverted, I wish that you could map your own layout but I don't think that's going to happen.
I'm genuinely impressed on how people can play with an inverted control scheme
You can make your perfect layout with the new Xbox Experience. There's Button Mapping in the settings so you can pick a layout that's almost perfect and switch some of the buttons around.
i use default halo 5 with my back padles on the elite controller set as jump and thrust. never any need to take hands off the thumbstick other than reloading
im a bumper jumper and i wont switch to another setting until the controller update is released at which time i will work out my own button config
Bump
Been a bumper jumper since halo 3 don't think I'll ever change it.
Aquilapath wrote:
you can with an Elite controller
nekrulz wrote:
Aquilapath wrote:
I'm genuinely impressed on how people can play with an inverted control scheme
why?
I always play inverted.. that saying I've played games like quake and UT
It's natural, like a flight simulator up for down.. down for up
Vulture255 wrote:
Any love for Recon? No? just me...
Don't worry, that's the control scheme I like to use for all halos, so you're not alone.
I'd love the control scheme even more if the melee were a little more intuitive.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4