Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Pro Players: Helljumper or Button Jumper?

OP AAAncient

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Cerrone wrote:
Aquilapath wrote:
I normally play default inverted, I wish that you could map your own layout but I don't think that's going to happen.
you can with an Elite controller
Everyone can remap buttons now with the new dashboard I thought
I tried helljumper and I decided I still like BJ more. I only use smart scope in distance fights where I don't think I will take damage.
Cerrone wrote:
Aquilapath wrote:
I normally play default inverted, I wish that you could map your own layout but I don't think that's going to happen.
Are you serious? Because I was hoping to do that when I purchase the new Elite controller but the freaking thing is out of stock everywhere. I'm using fish stick layout (you know the one you find in the frozen food isle). But I wanna swap the R stick (click) and the B button, so my melee can be B and my crouch R stick (click). It can be a hassle sometimes using the stick to melee.
LooseNoob wrote:
Cerrone wrote:
Aquilapath wrote:
Are you serious? Because I was hoping to do that when I purchase the new Elite controller but the freaking thing is out of stock everywhere. I'm using fish stick layout (you know the one you find in the frozen food isle). But I wanna swap the R stick (click) and the B button, so my melee can be B and my crouch R stick (click). It can be a hassle sometimes using the stick to melee.
I couldn't find one either
sensitivity and layout does not make that big of a difference

i play default on 6

this pro streamer i am watching plays with bumper jumper on 3

its all about preference and comforabiltiy

you are not gonna play better just using the same layout/sensitivity as a pro
i use default halo 5 with my back padles on the elite controller set as jump and thrust. never any need to take hands off the thumbstick other than reloading
Same here. Jump on left paddle and thruster on right paddle.
Vulture255 wrote:
Any love for Recon? No? just me...
i played with recon on almost everything, however i am liking the default set up in halo 5
While I'm no pro. Bumper jumper all day. The only time I have to take my thumb off the thumb stick while in combat is the trust at times.
I use halo 4...
I played on Recon for a bit as Halo 3 was my first game (got it in '08), then I went to default controls around '11, then around '13-'14 I decided to switch to Bumper Jumper. It feels right for me & I've been loving it since.
Green thumb all the way
Frank1ller wrote:
halo 4 setting ftw
This ^
I really wish they'd just called it reclaimer though like it was in MCC. It sounds way cooler and I really don't want them to drop this control scheme. I mean it was basically the default scheme for two games.
Nobody likes boxer?
Custom Elite controller settings, duh!
Personally Halo 4's scheme, it just felt right after the other games, but play around with all of them and figure out which one suits you best.
button mapped mine. RB - aim, r2 fire R3- Melee. lb-jump l2 - nade, l3- crouch. dash on a & sprint on x.
I'm pretty terrible at PvP with all controls.

But I still have fun. Been messing with some bumper jumper.
It was very hard for me to switch from default to bumper jumper now i feel a lot more comfortable in duel and tricky jump. I tried helljumper but i found ground pound on the right stick is truly unplayable.
i use default halo 5 with my back padles on the elite controller set as jump and thrust. never any need to take hands off the thumbstick other than reloading
Same here. Jump on left paddle and thruster on right paddle.
yeah thats the sides mine are one too, took the other two paddles off, no need for all 4
nekrulz wrote:
bumper jumper. The only flaw is the thrust on X. It forces me to remove my thumb from the right stick which is very detrimental when u're in a BR duel for example.
Bumper jumper for me too. I just bought a scuf so I could have sprint and thrust on the paddles so I can keep my right thumb on the stick
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4