1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
DMR works well.
I suppose it does, but by the time I reach a high enough req level to equip it, I'm usually in a tank or something.
Promethians are the supposed to be the next big threat the ones who take the covenants place in Halo, so why are they so good damn boring to fight?!?

The promethians seem to be nothing more than bullet sponges, just enemies to shoot.
I have a few ideas on how to improve promethians and make them greatly funner to fight.

Let's start with the knights.
There was a great improvement over Halo 4 for the knights. The orange balls that you have to shoot was a good idea and make the knights fun to fight, but currently it the only viable way to kill them.
We should be able to just shoot them like in Halo 4 but not do as much damage as normal.

Watchers. The watchers as they are pretty fine. The only advice for watchers is lower how much damage they do as one or two of them can kill you if you your not paying attention.

Crawlers. Crawlers are a sorry excuse for an enemy they don't do much other than move side to side a few times and shoot. Now what you can do to make them better is have them use their ability to climb walls more so they can get an advantage over the player and bring back the sniper crawler but of course with damage reduction because you don't want tiny targets that can one shot you.

Soldiers. Soldiers.... There's nothing to them. They don't add any unique gameplay and I don't see anything you can do to them that the knights or crawlers can't. My best advice remove them.

These are just something 343 can do to make the promethians actually a fun and interesting enemy to fight.
I want to hear from the rest of you. What would you like to see 343 do to make them fun or do you think they are fun as they are now.
What you say is so biased that I can practically say the same thing about the Covenant. I mean, I love to play against the covenant they are exactly the same as the Prometheans.

Knights: Knights are almost if not EXACTLY like hunters. They are almost practically indestructible and not someone to take on lightly. However for hunters, you need to mainly shoot its back to do the most extreme damage and lay waste to their decreasing armor until they die or fire heavy artillery at them. Knights! On the other hand, are the same thing. Indestructible and has a weak spot. But there is something about the Knights that give them more of an edge to go against than Hunters....Knights has two weaks spots of a glowing orb between them and I know it makes them weaker, but destroying both isnt the only way to expose their back and kill them. Each time you destroy an orb, it will do an animation that makes the Knight expose his glowing face and you have the chance to kill him there. If you miss, you go again... if you miss, THEN you can kill him in the back or use heavy artillery against him.

Watchers: Watchers are more of a support enemy. They provide protection and their only defense is mainly running away like in Halo 4. But they decreased that mess and its fine now.

Crawlers: Crawlers can be related to with the Grunts of the covenant. Except for them, they are more agile and brave but are also as weak as them. They do have a special thing about them that Grunts dont have... they attack in LARGE groups. Grunts attack in large groups sometimes too but that isn't their instinct. Like the last mission on Halo 5 in the exhibit at the beginning area, Crawlers are happy when together or they whine. They fight in large groups and make that their most threatening about them.

Soldiers: Soldiers? They are EXACTLY like the Elites in the covenant. Say fight, specialty except they more mobile with their glowing mobile thing. They even have weak point to expose their armor in the joints of their body. Elites dont have weak points besides plasma damage.

Lastly, they were bullet sponges in HALO 4. They arent bullet sponges in Halo 5.
If they are the same with minor differences whats the point of even having them in if they add little to nothing to the game.
The difference is their personality. Elites and soldiers seem to be the same but Knights are a little more if not a lot more intelligent than a hunter. The crawler isn't cowarding also. But if it isn't gameplay, it is the nostalgia. Prometheans seem boring is because people like fighting Covenant more since Halo CE. If they both switched places, you would say the same thing about the Covenant. But what they mostly add is their lore. Im not one to dwell into history but that they are ancient beings wanting order into the world their way since they came back. As for the covenant, they fell in Halo 3 and it wasn't even 343i's idea. So they continued with a new threat.
Would be fun if they had a melee only weapon like the knights blade. The soldiers who mainly use splinter turrets should be equiping knights blade so there will be a bit of a challenge because they will charge at you. And these type of soldiers are a bit tougher.
I'd rather just fight Insurrectionists
This would be great.
papacoco01 wrote:
This would be great.
Time to go down the dark rabbit hole that Dead Space 3 went down.

Anyway, Prometheans suck. I have a particular loathing of them after Halo 4, and I can't be bothered to actually play Halo 5's campaign because I'm just so sick of them (and I hate Halo 5). Here's my gripe list:
  1. Their design is awful. It's like someone at 343 thought that making a transformer based enemy would be a great idea, and that it'd look visually distinct. It doesn't. Prometheans look like a blob of orange lights and light grey metal, so much so that their weapons look exactly like them. You can't tell what they're using because the weapons just mesh into their design
  2. Watchers. Nuff said.
  3. Their weapons suck too. All Promethean weapons are just bad redesigns of existing weapons. To the point where you might as well not even pock up Promethean weapons, but stick with what you've got.
  4. Watchers. Again.
  5. Knights are non-threatening. They just look like a bad cosppay of some techno band.
  6. They don't play nicely with canon. We played 5 Halo games prior to getting to Halo 4, 3 of which featured a heavy focus on the Forerunner worlds. Not once were Prometheans mentioned, until inexplicably showing up in Halo 4.
  7. Not as fun to fight as the Flood. As much of a pain as they were, Flood were more fun to fight. They felt more real as a threat. I'm more worried about a laser putting my eye out when fighting the Prometheans
  8. Watchers. And the Warden Eternal. But mostly Watchers.
  9. Constantly teleporting around like a bunch of idiots. Thought you'd finally killed that Soldier? No, he teleported, making you waste a shot and prolonging this fight. Same problem with Knights.
  10. Crawlers are terribly designed. Let's make the weak spot the easiest spot to shoot, and the most lit up, I'm sure that can't end terribly. You also can't tell what they use until a gun the size of them explodes from within after you've shot it enough times to kill it.
  11. Finally... Watchers. Just Watchers. Everything about Watchers. Never Watchers. Please.
So yeah.
Prometheans suck.
Promethians are the supposed to be the next big threat the ones who take the covenants place in Halo, so why are they so good damn boring to fight?!?

The promethians seem to be nothing more than bullet sponges, just enemies to shoot.
I have a few ideas on how to improve promethians and make them greatly funner to fight.

There was a great improvement over Halo 4 for the knights. The orange balls that you have to shoot was a good idea and make the knights fun to fight, but currently it the only viable way to kill them.
We should be able to just shoot them like in Halo 4 but not do as much damage as normal.

Watchers. The watchers as they are pretty fine. The only advice for watchers is lower how much damage they do as one or two of them can kill you if you your not paying attention.

Crawlers. Crawlers are a sorry excuse for an enemy they don't do much other than move side to side a few times and shoot. Now what you can do to make them better is have them use their ability to climb walls more so they can get an advantage over the player and bring back the sniper crawler but of course with damage reduction because you don't want tiny targets that can one shot you.

Soldiers. Soldiers.... There's nothing to them. They don't add any unique gameplay and I don't see anything you can do to them that the knights or crawlers can't. My best advice remove them.

These are just something 343 can do to make the promethians actually a fun and interesting enemy to fight.
I want to hear from the rest of you. What would you like to see 343 do to make them fun or do you think they are fun as they are now.
What you say is so biased that I can practically say the same thing about the Covenant. I mean, I love to play against the covenant they are exactly the same as the Prometheans.

Knights: Knights are almost if not EXACTLY like hunters. They are almost practically indestructible and not someone to take on lightly. However for hunters, you need to mainly shoot its back to do the most extreme damage and lay waste to their decreasing armor until they die or fire heavy artillery at them. Knights! On the other hand, are the same thing. Indestructible and has a weak spot. But there is something about the Knights that give them more of an edge to go against than Hunters....Knights has two weaks spots of a glowing orb between them and I know it makes them weaker, but destroying both isnt the only way to expose their back and kill them. Each time you destroy an orb, it will do an animation that makes the Knight expose his glowing face and you have the chance to kill him there. If you miss, you go again... if you miss, THEN you can kill him in the back or use heavy artillery against him.

Watchers: Watchers are more of a support enemy. They provide protection and their only defense is mainly running away like in Halo 4. But they decreased that mess and its fine now.

Crawlers: Crawlers can be related to with the Grunts of the covenant. Except for them, they are more agile and brave but are also as weak as them. They do have a special thing about them that Grunts dont have... they attack in LARGE groups. Grunts attack in large groups sometimes too but that isn't their instinct. Like the last mission on Halo 5 in the exhibit at the beginning area, Crawlers are happy when together or they whine. They fight in large groups and make that their most threatening about them.

Soldiers: Soldiers? They are EXACTLY like the Elites in the covenant. Say fight, specialty except they more mobile with their glowing mobile thing. They even have weak point to expose their armor in the joints of their body. Elites dont have weak points besides plasma damage.

Lastly, they were bullet sponges in HALO 4. They arent bullet sponges in Halo 5.
If they are the same with minor differences whats the point of even having them in if they add little to nothing to the game.
The difference is their personality. Elites and soldiers seem to be the same but Knights are a little more if not a lot more intelligent than a hunter. The crawler isn't cowarding also. But if it isn't gameplay, it is the nostalgia. Prometheans seem boring is because people like fighting Covenant more since Halo CE. If they both switched places, you would say the same thing about the Covenant. But what they mostly add is their lore. Im not one to dwell into history but that they are ancient beings wanting order into the world their way since they came back. As for the covenant, they fell in Halo 3 and it wasn't even 343i's idea. So they continued with a new threat.
While I love their lore that they add, but I felt they could have just had them in comics or books because they add very little to the play experience.
those little personality quirks you mentioned don’t feel enough for me.
Whats stopping 343i from just adding those quirks with the covenant just with different models.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then post the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Odio a los prometeos
why not like differing factions for the Promethean's, they could differ in color with the darker color making them more difficult to fight and give them ranks. and make sure they are a bit weaker.

I disagree. As many FPS as I've played, I've rarely ever been as underwhelmed by new enemy additions as I have with Prometheans. It actually isn't the nostalgia as much as it is the gameplay. You're right about the difference being their personality... and the fact that Prometheans have little to none. Covenant have much more personality. They react to the changing battlefield situation more than Prometheans. That's what makes the experience of fighting them fun.

Grunts attack in groups and are the ankle biters of the Covenant, but they aren't limited to that role. They're the comedians, making funny comments. They're the ones who react to an Elite or a Brute being killed. "Leader dead! Run away!" Even their death animations have personality. I'll take the antics of fighting Grunts any day, over the whack-a-mole aspect of trying to track a pack of dog-like enemies that have almost no reaction to me aside from shooting at me and shaking their head for a moment when I hit them. Despite the fact that the Dog... things... are more of a challenge to kill, they're a tedious challenge.

Soldiers are about the only enemy that have an aspect of personality to them. I've heard them talking at times, maybe even a taunt here and there. But the problem is that I was too busy trying to keep track of where they were bouncing around, or anticipating when they would, to actually pay attention to what they say... another whack-a-mole enemy. Ever tried to play whack-a-mole and have someone tell you a joke at the same time? Even if you're the type who can do that, it doesn't make the whack-a-mole game more fun and it's more likely to diminish the joke. I never found fighting Elites tedious, but that was more because of their awareness of each other, in addition to Grunts and other allies that make it not tedious.

I'd say that Knights are more like Brutes than Hunters, but that's just me. Regardless, talk about something that has almost no personality at all, that'd be a Knight. I mean even Brutes (in Halo 2) had the reputation of being giant bullet sponges, but at least they had something that resembled a personality and would berserk. In comparison, fighting a Knight is like fighting a teleporting refrigerator. At least the Watchers try to change up the combat experience by shielding or catching 'nades and throwing them back, but they fail miserably at the attempt because it becomes a lather-rinse-repeat process of shoot Watcher first to make it scamper off, concentrate on Knight until it returns... if you don't outright kill it before it gets away. Yawn.

I'd rather fight Flood than Prometheans and here's the thing. It's not because I think Flood has more personality... it's because they have about as much personality, although sometimes I think Halo 3's Flood might have actually had more... but then again, it's little more than a parasite that reanimates the bodies of those it kills. It's space zombies. In that aspect, I can give them more understanding for having a bit of a bland, tedious combat experience.
Personally I don't think they are any more boring than the covenant and I am surprised how many people dislike the watchers' current power and abilities.
Personally I don't think they are any more boring than the covenant and I am surprised how many people dislike the watchers' current power and abilities.
The only times I don't like the Watchers is when they rehealth a boss too quickly like I mentioned earlier. We can shoot them, but sometimes they slip by or I don't kill them in time.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2