OP snickerdoodle

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
Just a couple friendly forum-related announcements and reminders:

I just posted - where did my thread go??

If you post a thread and you suddenly can't find it anywhere, please check your post history before re-making the thread. As a rule, we virtually never flat out delete threads so if you don't see it in the section you posted in, odds are, your thread has been re-routed to the appropriate section such as Matchmaking or Polling.

DO NOT REMAKE YOUR THREAD.

Remaking your thread clutters the forums, makes work for me and the boys, and is technically spam.

Trolls

I'm sure most of you have realized that there are people who have a lot of free time on their hands and enjoy showing up, creating accounts, and then posting intentionally redundant/inflammatory/trollbait/whatever kind of posts. It's the internet. It happens. And while some of you are really good about reporting the person, there are a fair number of users who instead choose to engage the trolls.

DON'T DO THIS.

It's much better to ignore their thread in its entirety than to give it any attention by posting anything at all. Even something as benign as, "Reported." or "You, again?" gives people like that attention. It's far better to report the thread and move on. We'll get to it and handle the situation as soon as we're able to.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask or send me a PM.

Thanks!
Might I make a suggestion?

There ought to be communication as to where and why a thread gets moved. All too often I refresh a thread only to get a "nothing here, cap'n" message and have to scroll through a ton of forums just to find the topic I wanted to get back to later. That's incredibly irritating.
Might I make a suggestion?

There ought to be communication as to where and why a thread gets moved. All too often I refresh a thread only to get a "nothing here, cap'n" message and have to scroll through a ton of forums just to find the topic I wanted to get back to later. That's incredibly irritating.
Trust me, I know. I've asked why the URL breaks when threads get moved but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll ask again though. :)
I'm curious. How many threads have been created since Waypoint became active?
L3ntPuma wrote:
Too many.
Personally, I thought I'd never see the day this thread would happen.
Anyway, I've got some questions I'd like to ask for those willing to answer:

• What's your take on the discussion here in recent times?
  • Is there a known schedule for announcements or do they really come along as new developments are made?
  • What do you personally want to see added to the Halo games?
  • What are your hopes for the community as a whole?
Snickerdoodle is rocking the acronyms!
L3ntPuma wrote:
Too many.
That's what I expected.
Good to know, thank you for this information.
Snickerdoodle is rocking the acronyms!
I could bury you in acronyms!
Personally, I thought I'd never see the day this thread would happen.
Anyway, I've got some questions I'd like to ask for those willing to answer:

• What's your take on the discussion here in recent times?
  • Is there a known schedule for announcements or do they really come along as new developments are made?
  • What do you personally want to see added to the Halo games?
  • What are your hopes for the community as a whole?
So...These aren't the kind of questions I really meant for this thread but I'll humor you for now.

1. Discussion ebbs and flows. While it seems there's a lot of complaining, there's some praise in there too. And honestly? It's much the same cycle that I saw with Halo 3, Reach, and Halo 4. Basically...same -Yoink-, different game.
  2. No idea. I am not privy to any of that information whatsoever. I'm just a volunteer, I get information at the same time as you guys.
  3. I honestly haven't thought about this so no idea.
  4. I'd love for everyone to realize that everyone that is here on Waypoint is here because they love Halo. Just because someone is criticizing aspects of a game, doesn't mean they hate Halo. And conversely, just because someone enjoys aspects of the game, doesn't mean THEY hate Halo or have an opinion that is worth less than someone in the former category.
I just want everyone to get along, dammit!
Me too, Snicker. Me too.
Me too, Snicker. Me too.
If everyone in MGSV ever get rid of all the nukes I'm sure there will be room for this miracle as well :) *crosses fingers*
I hope that announcements, service status and bug lists are posted and maintained by 343i directly. They could nip a lot of stuff in the bud if they just responded and did not leave users to get angry and annoyed at the roaring silence.

Hope that makes sense and I don't need to follow Joe Blogg john doe on twitter or reddit or facebook to find out what's going on in OUR Haloverse and the currently released titles.
Is there any way of getting notifications from people quoting my self?
Quick, honest question; What if the thread gets moved? Happened to one that I responded to. Refreshed the page and it was just GONE! Had been moved.

Does the OP get a message saying it's been moved?
This forum is drowning in the same threads and arguments over and over again. You can read through a 30 page thread, and rarely see any new arguments after the first page. It's just a mess. How 343 create a sticky thread on this forum that acknowledges issues and whether you are working on it (pro tip: add small explaination to why it is difficult to fix or change something. This goes a long way, as many don't have the knowledge to know whether an issue is a quick fix/switch of a botton!). My impression is that many here are frustrated and feel that they are not being listened to - which is highlighted by the fact that small fixes like selling more than one req cards at a time is still an issue. Yes, some of the complains are subjective issues - often derived from being stuck in the past, not wanting anything to change or not knowing how to use a gun - and shouldn't be changed unless a vast majority of the gamers agree.On the other hand, a overwhelming amount of gamers here and on Reddit have voted and supported a Warzone PVE mode. Why haven't we heard anything about it? Most people wouldn't mind a more basic maps as long as they would get a new game mode. Balancing should be done after feedback or even beta testing.

Why can't 343 open polls for certain changes (i.e. not only weekend playlists) - and being able to vote from your xbox (i.e. when logged into your xbox live account - not like the system is today) so the whole community, not only the hardcore fans logged into Halo waypoint can express their views. Obviously, if there is a split community, changes shouldn't be made, but there should be made changes if the vast majoriy feels that way.

People on this forum are passionate about the game, and want it to be as good as possible. Everyone will never agree on what is best, but you can atleast try to please as many as possible. As of now, many are pulling away from this toxic community, and also leaving the game as a result of the chaos. If people feel that they can impact how the game is changed, many will come back. Not only will they come back, but they will also be more involved than ever before, as they can actually make a change if they present a good argument that is picked up by 343. What I'm saying is: Include the community. They want to help, and they will help getting the game much better. A good feedback system allows (e.g. polls, acknowleding arguments and weighting them for every vote they get) for every tester to be heard and give more than enough information to make a justified decision. Come on 343, if you utilize the power of the people, the game will be much more sucessful! It's not too late!
Is there any way of getting notifications from people quoting my self?
No, sorry. No idea if there are plans for implementing anything like this either.

Timmie wrote:
Quick, honest question; What if the thread gets moved? Happened to one that I responded to. Refreshed the page and it was just GONE! Had been moved.

Does the OP get a message saying it's been moved?
It just gets moved to a new section, doesn't get deleted or anything, and all replies go with it. So it'll still show up in your post history.

No message goes to OP, no. I sincerely wish I could PM everyone anytime I move a thread but if I did that, I wouldn't have time to do anything else. There are days where I move upwards of 50 threads.
I feel bad cause I was assuming threads were getting deleted cause 343 didn't like us talking about certain subjects about the game. Thinking we were being censored. Sorry.
I feel bad cause I was assuming threads were getting deleted cause 343 didn't like us talking about certain subjects about the game. Thinking we were being censored. Sorry.
I'm pretty sure I'm the only mod that will flat out delete threads and that's under very, very specific circumstances. Game related topics are not one of those circumstances. Ever. :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14