Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] PSA: "FARMING": HOW TO REDUCE SOCIAL BULLYING

OP AttorneyAtLife

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 13
Define Halo5 Bullying: Unwanted, aggressive behavior among Spartans that involves a real or perceived power imbalance. The behavior is repeated, or has the potential to be repeated, over time. Both Spartans who are bullied and who bully others may have serious, lasting problems with Halo5.
In order to be considered bullying, the behavior must be aggressive and include:
An Imbalance of Power: Spartans who bully use their power—such as playing skills, access to choke spots in the game, or full organized spartan company teams highly trained—to control or harm random spartan teams. Power imbalances can change over time and in different situations, even if they involve the same spartans.
Repetition: Bullying behaviors happen more than once or have the potential to happen more than once.
Bullying includes "farming" actions such as spawn trapping, intentionally preserving the enemy's core, telling other spartans to "Git GuD", kicking weaker players from the spartan teams as a purpose to only have elite team that can easily overpower random teams during Warzone matches.

eviltedi wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:


You try to play a fun game of Warzone, and all your bases get taken over in the first 3 minutes, then you are being spawn-killed for the rest of the match.

Is it me, or is Halo 5 multiplayer just not fun anymore because of people like this?
Spoiler:
Show

343i could stop it if they chose too. Once a team captures the bases and the core is vulnerable a timer starts. The team has one minute to destroy the core. If they don't the bases unlock allowing the spawn trapped team a safe spawn. I suggested this a few times.
That is a good idea.
I don't see a point in this. It is the Internet. Gamers can basically say whatever and do whatever they want over a mic and a videogame. It's sad that people lose respect and tend not to think about how other people feel when they say things over the mics but the only thing you can do is report them and move on.
NEXUS NX wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:


You try to play a fun game of Warzone, and all your bases get taken over in the first 3 minutes, then you are being spawn-killed for the rest of the match.

Is it me, or is Halo 5 multiplayer just not fun anymore because of people like this?
Spoiler:
Show

343i could stop it if they chose too. Once a team captures the bases and the core is vulnerable a timer starts. The team has one minute to destroy the core. If they don't the bases unlock allowing the spawn trapped team a safe spawn. I suggested this a few times.
That is a good idea.
For every solution people will find a way around it and still "farm" accept that they stomped a mud hole in you and move on with your life
BBT2014 wrote:
BBT2014 wrote:
BBT2014 wrote:
Farming is bullying teabagging is bullying

All unsportsmanlike behavior or negativity pointed at an individual is bullying/harassment

Its not just a Halo problem its a problem with all games and the internet in general
I don't farm, since I wouldn't like it happening to me, but teabagging? Really? If you can't play a game because someone else wants to keep you from playing for whatever reason (ego boost, maybe?), that may be reason to be mad. Some random guy just saying "Ha ha," after a minor victory over you isn't something to be so mad about. If you can't handle a minor brag after a fair victory, either grow up or get off of the internet (or both).
Yeah because bragging is a totally okay thing for someone to do...

I was raised with the idea that we are all equal and shouldn't put others down because you're not any better than them.

People that brag think they're above others its not a healthy mindset right?
If they beat you, they've just proven that they are better.

Bragging rights are a thing.
Lol no. Not in 2016.

Bragging shows you have bad character and no respect for others because you won something so you feel the need to make them feel inferior instead of saying GG...

Lets say the person bragging beat me in a halo match but I'm better than them at some other game like CoD that leads to a constant cycle of bragging nonsense and trolling that goes nowhere and needs to die because we are both better at something
Bragging rights are very much a thing in 2016, lol
Kator Hol wrote:
1. It's not bullying.
2. Randoms farm too.
As soon as "core is vulnerable" happens, a timer should start counting down. End the game. Play the objective.
Isn't there a timer?
No matches have an unlimited time limit. Theoretically if you could manage to set up a spawn kill at the enemies core without either team capturing a base it would go on till someone reached 1000 kills. The closest I've seen was a team who captured the near base on arc and set in front of the enemy core for about 40 minutes (if I recall correctly) without bothering to cap either of the other two bases. Really glad I wasn't the one in that game.
No it was 46:20 minutes. It was delightful. A couple players Tbagged us when we went for their armory, so it was the ultimate Tbag back.
Kator Hol wrote:
1. It's not bullying.
2. Randoms farm too.
As soon as "core is vulnerable" happens, a timer should start counting down. End the game. Play the objective.
Isn't there a timer?
No matches have an unlimited time limit. Theoretically if you could manage to set up a spawn kill at the enemies core without either team capturing a base it would go on till someone reached 1000 kills. The closest I've seen was a team who captured the near base on arc and set in front of the enemy core for about 40 minutes (if I recall correctly) without bothering to cap either of the other two bases. Really glad I wasn't the one in that game.
No it was 46:20 minutes. It was delightful. A couple players Tbagged us when we went for their armory, so it was the ultimate Tbag back.
Don't suppose you have a link to that thread? Tried using the search feature to find it when I posted that to illustrate, but couldn't find it.
Kator Hol wrote:
1. It's not bullying.
2. Randoms farm too.
As soon as "core is vulnerable" happens, a timer should start counting down. End the game. Play the objective.
Isn't there a timer?
No matches have an unlimited time limit. Theoretically if you could manage to set up a spawn kill at the enemies core without either team capturing a base it would go on till someone reached 1000 kills. The closest I've seen was a team who captured the near base on arc and set in front of the enemy core for about 40 minutes (if I recall correctly) without bothering to cap either of the other two bases. Really glad I wasn't the one in that game.
No it was 46:20 minutes. It was delightful. A couple players Tbagged us when we went for their armory, so it was the ultimate Tbag back.
Don't suppose you have a link to that thread? Tried using the search feature to find it when I posted that to illustrate, but couldn't find it.
Thread: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/this-is-a-serious-problem/6d064c5b-73d6-4aac-8f36-421a95174a7e/posts
Game: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/warzone/matches/83324316-04d3-4435-a1a3-67e737b6d166/players/its%20heavies?gameHistoryMatchIndex=1153&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Warzone

And FYI, I wouldn't be linking these things to you if I was proud of it. We don't play our games like this anymore. We triple cap and destroy cores. I only rack up kills legitimately now. I go for a 100 kills a game, but only if its legitimate. If I am at 50 kills into a game and we triple cap I tell my team to destroy the core as its not worth searching and grinding anymore.
Kator Hol wrote:
1. It's not bullying.
2. Randoms farm too.
As soon as "core is vulnerable" happens, a timer should start counting down. End the game. Play the objective.
Isn't there a timer?
No matches have an unlimited time limit. Theoretically if you could manage to set up a spawn kill at the enemies core without either team capturing a base it would go on till someone reached 1000 kills. The closest I've seen was a team who captured the near base on arc and set in front of the enemy core for about 40 minutes (if I recall correctly) without bothering to cap either of the other two bases. Really glad I wasn't the one in that game.
No it was 46:20 minutes. It was delightful. A couple players Tbagged us when we went for their armory, so it was the ultimate Tbag back.
Don't suppose you have a link to that thread? Tried using the search feature to find it when I posted that to illustrate, but couldn't find it.
Thread: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/this-is-a-serious-problem/6d064c5b-73d6-4aac-8f36-421a95174a7e/posts
Game: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/warzone/matches/83324316-04d3-4435-a1a3-67e737b6d166/players/its%20heavies?gameHistoryMatchIndex=1153&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Warzone

And FYI, I wouldn't be linking these things to you if I was proud of it. We don't play our games like this anymore. We triple cap and destroy cores. I only rack up kills legitimately now. I go for a 100 kills a game, but only if its legitimate. If I am at 50 kills into a game and we triple cap I tell my team to destroy the core as its not worth searching and grinding anymore.
Lazy Link. I appreciate you finding it.
Kator Hol wrote:
1. It's not bullying.
2. Randoms farm too.
As soon as "core is vulnerable" happens, a timer should start counting down. End the game. Play the objective.
Isn't there a timer?
No matches have an unlimited time limit. Theoretically if you could manage to set up a spawn kill at the enemies core without either team capturing a base it would go on till someone reached 1000 kills. The closest I've seen was a team who captured the near base on arc and set in front of the enemy core for about 40 minutes (if I recall correctly) without bothering to cap either of the other two bases. Really glad I wasn't the one in that game.
No it was 46:20 minutes. It was delightful. A couple players Tbagged us when we went for their armory, so it was the ultimate Tbag back.
Don't suppose you have a link to that thread? Tried using the search feature to find it when I posted that to illustrate, but couldn't find it.
Thread: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/this-is-a-serious-problem/6d064c5b-73d6-4aac-8f36-421a95174a7e/posts
Game: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/warzone/matches/83324316-04d3-4435-a1a3-67e737b6d166/players/its%20heavies?gameHistoryMatchIndex=1153&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Warzone

And FYI, I wouldn't be linking these things to you if I was proud of it. We don't play our games like this anymore. We triple cap and destroy cores. I only rack up kills legitimately now. I go for a 100 kills a game, but only if its legitimate. If I am at 50 kills into a game and we triple cap I tell my team to destroy the core as its not worth searching and grinding anymore.
Lazy Link. I appreciate you finding it.
I wasn't trying to be lazy, I am not ranked high enough as a poster yet to hyperlink.
Kator Hol wrote:
1. It's not bullying.
2. Randoms farm too.
As soon as "core is vulnerable" happens, a timer should start counting down. End the game. Play the objective.
Isn't there a timer?
No matches have an unlimited time limit. Theoretically if you could manage to set up a spawn kill at the enemies core without either team capturing a base it would go on till someone reached 1000 kills. The closest I've seen was a team who captured the near base on arc and set in front of the enemy core for about 40 minutes (if I recall correctly) without bothering to cap either of the other two bases. Really glad I wasn't the one in that game.
No it was 46:20 minutes. It was delightful. A couple players Tbagged us when we went for their armory, so it was the ultimate Tbag back.
Don't suppose you have a link to that thread? Tried using the search feature to find it when I posted that to illustrate, but couldn't find it.
Thread: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/this-is-a-serious-problem/6d064c5b-73d6-4aac-8f36-421a95174a7e/posts
Game: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/warzone/matches/83324316-04d3-4435-a1a3-67e737b6d166/players/its%20heavies?gameHistoryMatchIndex=1153&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Warzone

And FYI, I wouldn't be linking these things to you if I was proud of it. We don't play our games like this anymore. We triple cap and destroy cores. I only rack up kills legitimately now. I go for a 100 kills a game, but only if its legitimate. If I am at 50 kills into a game and we triple cap I tell my team to destroy the core as its not worth searching and grinding anymore.
Lazy Link. I appreciate you finding it.
I wasn't trying to be lazy, I am not ranked high enough as a poster yet to hyperlink.
Lazy link is a forum term for when you make it so that you can just click it. I know you can't link it yet which is why I did. Like I said, I appreciate you going through the trouble to find it for me.
RBaziFX wrote:
You know what really bothers me about this. Social media bullying is a very real problem.

Tying this into the same issue that has cost people their lives is disgraceful. It atrophies the plight of the victims of real social bullying, and it's a spit in the face of the progress we have made as a people in this issue.

Awful thread. It's a video game.
I think OP realized it quickly as he hasn't responded to anything hardly lol. Shame to relate losing in a video game to something people actually struggle with in real life.
Thankfully posts per forum are limited or else this would take up a lot more time. But to your point, social media bullying is not actually identical to social bullying. Social media bullying is primarily just verbal bullying via social media channels, while social bullying is ganging up in the manner described in the OP. Also, the fact that people struggle with bullying of all forms in real life is exactly why dismissing another complaint about it is wrong. If you have been bullied in real life, then you should be painfully familiar with how deaf people can be to recognizing it and how mute they can be to acknowledging it. Being bullied in real life also does not innoculate you from becoming either a future bully or witness to bullying (e.g. people who were verbally bullied as a child becoming workplace bullies). The annoyance to you of this issue's existence does not somehow change it.
RBaziFX wrote:
You know what really bothers me about this. Social media bullying is a very real problem.

Tying this into the same issue that has cost people their lives is disgraceful. It atrophies the plight of the victims of real social bullying, and it's a spit in the face of the progress we have made as a people in this issue.

Awful thread. It's a video game.
I think OP realized it quickly as he hasn't responded to anything hardly lol. Shame to relate losing in a video game to something people actually struggle with in real life.
Thankfully posts per forum are limited or else this would take up a lot more time. But to your point, social media bullying is not actually identical to social bullying. Social media bullying is primarily just verbal bullying via social media channels, while social bullying is ganging up in the manner described in the OP. Also, the fact that people struggle with bullying of all forms in real life is exactly why dismissing another complaint about it is wrong. If you have been bullied in real life, then you should be painfully familiar with how deaf people can be to recognizing it and how mute they can be to acknowledging it. Being bullied in real life also does not innoculate you from becoming either a future bully or witness to bullying (e.g. people who were verbally bullied as a child becoming workplace bullies). The annoyance to you of this issue's existence does not somehow change it.
Being "farmed" in a video game is not bullying. Everyone at some point In their halo career has been murdered beyond belief. It happens. Do not try to continue this bullying cause becuase this is an outlet for people to just abuse the system even more and possible continue the REGRESSION halo has been doing. These petty complaints are already pleaguin the game don't be the cause of even more added garbage.
BBT2014 wrote:
BBT2014 wrote:
BBT2014 wrote:
Farming is bullying teabagging is bullying

All unsportsmanlike behavior or negativity pointed at an individual is bullying/harassment

Its not just a Halo problem its a problem with all games and the internet in general
I don't farm, since I wouldn't like it happening to me, but teabagging? Really? If you can't play a game because someone else wants to keep you from playing for whatever reason (ego boost, maybe?), that may be reason to be mad. Some random guy just saying "Ha ha," after a minor victory over you isn't something to be so mad about. If you can't handle a minor brag after a fair victory, either grow up or get off of the internet (or both).
Yeah because bragging is a totally okay thing for someone to do...

I was raised with the idea that we are all equal and shouldn't put others down because you're not any better than them.

People that brag think they're above others its not a healthy mindset right?
If they beat you, they've just proven that they are better.

Bragging rights are a thing.
Lol no. Not in 2016.

Bragging shows you have bad character and no respect for others because you won something so you feel the need to make them feel inferior instead of saying GG...

Lets say the person bragging beat me in a halo match but I'm better than them at some other game like CoD that leads to a constant cycle of bragging nonsense and trolling that goes nowhere and needs to die because we are both better at something
Bragging rights are very much a thing in 2016, lol
How pathetic is your real life, that your bragging rights are from a video game?
Most people that farm now already have Achilles they just farm because they simply can. if you see people that are farming that don't have Achilles on its not because they don't have the armour it's simply because not everyone wears it, pretty much everyone that plays the game has Achilles now. I don't wear it.
Kator Hol wrote:
BBT2014 wrote:
BBT2014 wrote:
BBT2014 wrote:
Farming is bullying teabagging is bullying

All unsportsmanlike behavior or negativity pointed at an individual is bullying/harassment

Its not just a Halo problem its a problem with all games and the internet in general
I don't farm, since I wouldn't like it happening to me, but teabagging? Really? If you can't play a game because someone else wants to keep you from playing for whatever reason (ego boost, maybe?), that may be reason to be mad. Some random guy just saying "Ha ha," after a minor victory over you isn't something to be so mad about. If you can't handle a minor brag after a fair victory, either grow up or get off of the internet (or both).
Yeah because bragging is a totally okay thing for someone to do...

I was raised with the idea that we are all equal and shouldn't put others down because you're not any better than them.

People that brag think they're above others its not a healthy mindset right?
If they beat you, they've just proven that they are better.

Bragging rights are a thing.
Lol no. Not in 2016.

Bragging shows you have bad character and no respect for others because you won something so you feel the need to make them feel inferior instead of saying GG...

Lets say the person bragging beat me in a halo match but I'm better than them at some other game like CoD that leads to a constant cycle of bragging nonsense and trolling that goes nowhere and needs to die because we are both better at something
Bragging rights are very much a thing in 2016, lol
How pathetic is your real life, that your bragging rights are from a video game?
I'm referring to bragging rights in general like the original post in this thread was.
I don't think we can reduce this problem. People will simply find a very clever way to farm you in order to get the Achilles armor and helmet as fast as possible. Imagine if it was not unlocked by kill commendations, but instead by micro-transactions (Purchasing REQ packs).
RBaziFX wrote:
RBaziFX wrote:
You know what really bothers me about this. Social media bullying is a very real problem.

Tying this into the same issue that has cost people their lives is disgraceful. It atrophies the plight of the victims of real social bullying, and it's a spit in the face of the progress we have made as a people in this issue.

Awful thread. It's a video game.
I think OP realized it quickly as he hasn't responded to anything hardly lol. Shame to relate losing in a video game to something people actually struggle with in real life.
Thankfully posts per forum are limited or else this would take up a lot more time. But to your point, social media bullying is not actually identical to social bullying. Social media bullying is primarily just verbal bullying via social media channels, while social bullying is ganging up in the manner described in the OP. Also, the fact that people struggle with bullying of all forms in real life is exactly why dismissing another complaint about it is wrong. If you have been bullied in real life, then you should be painfully familiar with how deaf people can be to recognizing it and how mute they can be to acknowledging it. Being bullied in real life also does not innoculate you from becoming either a future bully or witness to bullying (e.g. people who were verbally bullied as a child becoming workplace bullies). The annoyance to you of this issue's existence does not somehow change it.
Being "farmed" in a video game is not bullying. Everyone at some point In their halo career has been murdered beyond belief. It happens. Do not try to continue this bullying cause becuase this is an outlet for people to just abuse the system even more and possible continue the REGRESSION halo has been doing. These petty complaints are already pleaguin the game don't be the cause of even more added garbage.
"Being 'left out' of a class activity is not bullying. Everyone at some point in their school career has been teased beyond belief. It happens." <-- Does not make it ok in any setting. Also, your demand that I stop exercising a freedom (of speech) for a purpose you deem good shows that you agree with a basis of the OP: that not everything is permissible even if people claim a right. I do agree that there needs to be some removal of "added garbage" to improve the franchise. To many, "added garbage" includes individuals grouping up to intentionally ruin a shared experience with other people just because it accomplishes an objective of the exclusive group, which is no different than a group of kids taking over a section of a playground to play their own game. Halo multiplayer is not its own special world; it's just another of many activities within social rules that apply at large.
Reporting: Microsoft's system of learning which players are harming the multiplayer experience of others and lowering their reputation score accordingly. Your report helps to weigh down social bullying players' multiplayer reputation until they are ultimately matched primarily with other low-reputation players. In the Carnage Report following each match, simply go to the offending players, view their profile/info, select View Gamercard, and follow the Report process from there (unsportsmanlike conduct is often the most accurate complaint, with "farming/social bullying" as an optional comment). If you've exited the Carnage Report, simply press the Select button (button with 2 intersecting boxes) on the next match staging screen to bring it back up.
Remember: if you notice that a few offending players are part of the same Spartan Company (Halo's clan system), you can report their company as well for engaging in social bullying/unsportsmanlike conduct right from Halowaypoint.com via https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies or an offending player's profile listing their company membership here on Waypoint. For general reporting how-to, see https://enforcement.xbox.com/Home/HowTo#sub-topic2-0.

But what if they are just outplaying you guys thanks to the bad matchmaking system?
How is a social matchmaking system bad? If it was ranked you might have a point.
its not bad, but its another thing if the enemies are all above 110 and your team is full of new players
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 13