[Locked] PSA: "FARMING": HOW TO REDUCE SOCIAL BULLYING

OP AttorneyAtLife

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. ...
  6. 13
Are you seriously calling farming "social bullying?" They are clearly committing unsportsman like conduct and repeat offenders should be hit with the banhammer, but they are not bullies.
I'm not the first nor will I be the last but I'm still going to say it. Farming is NOT bullying. There is not threatening behavior, abuse or posturing. Is it ethically questionable? Sure. Is it bullying? No. The notion is ridiculous. People are playing at a meta game in order to achieve something in what they view as the most efficient way possible. People get frustrated in the process and that's about it.
ok so without reading all the way through this thread and only seeing the partial picture....Farming is NOT bullying simply because of the lack of RL threats now if someone threatened to come over and just whoop on dat -Yoink- then yes i can see what the issue is and therefore the fuss about its completely justified (though imma vegetarian and i like it rough so it dont bother me as much lol) all it really boils down to is metagaming (cheating) and the fact that someone gets all butt hurt and so lash out like a child with a temper tantrum so is it bullying per se...no its merely misplaced aggression and we shouldn't take it to heart or so bloody personally just shrug it off and go on about ya business is all now is it ethically questionable yes...yes it is...but we cant hold everybody (gamer or otherwise) to the same standards we hold ourselves to that's just unreasonable (if we did in fact live in a perfect world it would get boring real bloody fast like) just my 2 cents...sorry if i just jumped into the fray without getting the whole picture lol
My crew farms and I do it with them but personally I find it very boring.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. ...
  6. 13