9. 84
MTKC2009 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
MTKC2009 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
MTKC2009 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
Gunna bump this one last time. I was really hopeful that in the December update this would be addressed, obviously that didnt happen. I am now convinced that this will not be coming to H5 after the January destroyed my dreams also. All I can say is thank god Reach is bwc so I can play some pve. Im not saying this as some wah wah cry threat but more of a statement of my own disappointment, I will not be buying anymore 343 games and am disappointed in myself for buying the ones that I have. Wish you all well and hope you continue to enioy the game!
Thanks for the bump lets see how much mayhem we can cause this time around! :D
Lol, pick up your plasma pistol and h1 magnums people, let's make this happen! :D
I don't see why this can't happen as long as we are OK to have it as PAID DLC.

Yes this halo has less PvE content then several previous ones BUT that clearly wasn't 343's game plan this time around. They clearly thought a campaign was enough and then wanted to focus on PvP.

If we want them to do something that they weren't originally going to do then I think we have to be prepared to pay for it. I certainly wouldn't mind buying a QUALITY (caps for a reason) mode as fairly priced DLC.

They also should seriously look at multi-player beyond PvP and how popular some PvE modes are.

eg

Horde mode in GOW (that along with TDM was the most played mode)
Zombies mode in COD (a lot of people buy treyarch's COD just to play zombies mode)

A quality mode in Halo 5 even if has to be bought as DLC would certainly help the overall population numbers..

Personally I'd bring back firefight and make a new/improved version of it.

ALSO

If you have twitter the head of 343's twitter is....(and if you don't and really care about getting more PvE in halo 5 sign up)

@PlutonForEver

I would keep your tweets polite if you want this person to take them seriously but make sure you ask for more PvE in Halo 5
No paid dlc, I won't get it if that's the case.
I would prefer paid DLC than this Req Pack Bullcrap
They have made more then enough with reqs, if they decide to put time and effort into this then let the req money pay for it.
Firstly, my response to these comments..
No paid dlc, I won't get it if that's the case + They have made more then enough with reqs, if they decide to put time and effort into this then let the req money pay for it.

343 clearly never intended to do more PvE than the expected campaign, we may all think that was a bad decision but that is the one they made. They decided to concentrate on PvP. We are now asking them to do something they didn't originally plan to do so I think it is reasonable to expect to pay for it.

If you aren't willing to pay for it then you clearly don't want to play this mode badly enough, to me it is as simple as that. I think they made a mistake not doing any extra PvE content but we shouldn't feel entitled to it just because previous Halo's had it. We knew what was in this game from a PvE stand point and bought it anyway, we weren't lied to.

You can't say just because a company made money from a feature it did that this money should pay to develop this mode and then expect to get it for FREE, that is simply not how business works.

If we want real effort put in this then we should be prepared to pay for it. After all they are taking some risk because they don't know how many people would buy this as DLC.

"I would prefer paid DLC than this Req Pack Bullcrap"

I have never used Req pack's because I have never played multi-player as I have ZERO interest in it. However from what I have head about it I think i'd rather them not be in this mode in the PvP format.

Instead do it like GOW 3's horde mode. have 50 waves, with a boss wave every 10 waves.

They could use a variation of the REQ system where everyone starts off with ZERO req points and you earn them each wave and you can't buy them with real money.

This would be a separate Req system to the normal PvP and points would NOT transfer over, they can only be used on the map you are playing.

You can then spend them when you choose to throughout the 50 waves but if the restart a map you return to ZERO req points.

Something like that with ideally a few maps to play on would last me a long time and be well worth real money as PAID DLC.

Also add in ability to earn XP for levelling up purposes as well.
I get what your saying, but they have made supposedlly millions on REQS alone. , we spend money to have xbox live, we spend money on the console, we spend money on the game... etc. I want this to happen, and will support it tooth and nail, even if it's pay only. But you can bet your sweet grandma's apple pie I won't be one to get it, I have a lot of other things that take priority.
I get what you are saying but here's my response.

1) what you or anyone else spends their money on is up to them. If you choose to not buy DLC then that is up to you.

However

1) "I never like supporting big business with my money" - you may not like it but that is the nature of a capitalist society.

2) "We spend money to have xbox live" - as we should to get a good service which is regularly updated/maintained and we get free games as well.

3) "We spend money on the console" - as we should, a good console delivers many hours of gaming pleasure (or should do when it doesn't get the red ring of death, I am looking at you early xbox 360s)

4) "We spend money on the game" - They delivered the game they promised, yes it doesn't have much PvE content and I am not particularly happy about that either but we got what they said was going to be in the retail release and we chose to buy it.

We are asking them to deliver a mode that clearly wasn't in their original plans for this release and to get it done properly and not rushed we should be willing to pay for it.

Personally I have no issue paying for DLC as long as it is good/worth the money.

Some DLC is short and doesn't deliver much from a gameplay time POV but a new PvE mode if good should deliver plenty of extra gameplay time.
What is your opinion halo 5 and 343?
My opinion of halo 5/343.

Here goes.

From what I have played so far of Halo 5's campaign I liked most of it. The only thing that annoyed me was the guardian and more specifically as I was playing it on heroic how My AI team responded to him.
Ideally you would want at least one of them distracting him while you shoot him in the back (vulnerable spot) but they kept going down and not avoiding his strikes.

I eventually defeated him the first time he turned up BUT swore a lot due to frustration of the lousy AI buddies and the second time he turned up I decided I wasn't going to bother and I was going to beat it solo on legendary as well so that was a bit disappointing honestly.

However I have two friends who also have this game so decided to play it with them instead. We haven't done so yet (I didn't get game till Christmas) for various reasons I have no wish to get into but will be playing it on heroic at first then probably legendary assuming we enjoy the campaign enough.

As for 343.

Overall they make good halo games but make some bad decisions.

1) Rather than improving firefight (a very popular PvE mode) they decide to remove it in Halo 4 and replace it with Spartan Ops. Not necessarily a bad idea if the mode was good which overall I thought it was..
It's problem was it's near total lack of OPTIONS, it's only setting was infinite re-spawns and just choose the difficulty setting which was very limited and destroyed replay value.
They could have had a limited life pool option, no extra lives, checkpoints etc + could have included skulls as well.
Then Spartan ops could have worked IMHO, as it was it didn't.

2) Instead of improving Spartan Ops/bringing back firefight for this first new gen release they decided to not do any other PvE mode beyond the campaign. Instead they did a mostly versus mode with some AI also in it - another bad decision IMHO.

People who want to play PvP play PvP.
People who want to play PvE play PvE

Actually after considering this mode having the odd AI enemy to kill as well as other players might make the mode a bit different and maybe appeal to PvP players but PvE players want Players vs AI only, this is our thing, if we wanted PvP we would be playing that.
Let's keep this going guys, shame them into getting this done haha
No seriously, there was no real reason not to include Firefight/another PVE horde mode. I even hear some people on my friendslist saying there's even some Firefight action going on on Reach with the backwards compatibility. Can someone confirm this?
Do it, 343.

JUST DO IT
Seriously, the potential is here for an epic Warzone Firefight with REQs. It needs to happen, it has to be mentioned that they're working on it in the next update.
We needz this.
OP has 343 likes.

Anything with that number of likes should be automatically sent to 343 to be looked at.
OP has 343 likes.

Anything with that number of likes should be automatically sent to 343 to be looked at.
^
I don't mean to be negative, but would it kill 'em to at least throw out a comment on this? Jeez, how much enthusiasm do they need?
Bad John wrote:
I don't mean to be negative, but would it kill 'em to at least throw out a comment on this? Jeez, how much enthusiasm do they need?
A ridiculous amount apparently. :P
Bad John wrote:
To be fair, I've seen Bonnie Ross say things about it on Twitter. Nothing confirming their work on it, but things like "I'm a big fan of PvE too, thanks for the feedback."

Better than nothing, I suppose.
This needs to happen in some form. Halo 5 needs a PVE game mode besides campaign, whether it's Firefight, Spartan Ops, or even better a PVE Warzone
PLEASE 343i PLEASE!!! Warzone has a big potential to get a lot of fun modes, PvE should be the first! Please bring us back firefight as a warzone variant
Don't let this thread die, people.

You know, we're having a similar problem in Star Wars: Battlefront; a severe shortage of PvE content. Everybody wants DICE to bring back old-school Instant Action mode from the original Battlefront games. Fortunately, DICE has told us they're listening, so it seems like we may be getting it in the near future.

343i, on the other hand, have been completely silent in regards to bring us PvE Warzone. They said they'd make it happen if there was a high enough demand for it... and I'm seeing a lot of demand here. The lack of anything remotely similar to Firefight or even Spartan Ops is what's keeping me from putting my Halo 5 disc in the tray.
That would be a blessing and a curse, it sounds absolutely amazing, but after one game I wouldn't be able to stop...for anything
That would be fun. I would just like more variety with h5. It's a fun game but I don't want it to get stale
This is literally the worst idea in human history. Sorry not to be mean just tbh.
This variant of Warzone would more than pay for itself with the REQ system! Any sort of response from 343 would be appreciated. Anything! I don't even care if we're told that it will never happen. I just want to know we've been heard. How long must I bang my head against this wall?
Ritter4 wrote:
This is literally the worst idea in human history. Sorry not to be mean just tbh.
No, I'm sure you can think of at least one other thing that was a worse idea. Don't say that you're being literal when you're not.
Yes let's make this happen!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 62
  4. 63
  5. 64
  6. 65
  7. 66
  8. ...
  9. 84