3. 65
  4. 66
  5. 67
  6. 68
  7. 69
  8. ...
  9. 84
Rimnek 015 wrote:
Haven't posted in this thread for a few months, but I refuse to give up hope!

12 players using the REQ system against enemy waves and bosses. Heck, even subdivide teams into smaller groups so that there is some friendly competition to score points.

Throw in the orders and revive mechanic from campaign, and some friendly AI REQs (Spartans, Marines, ODST's etc) and I'm a happy camper!

The dream is not dead! #WarzonePvE
Great ideas. I fully support them and a PvE mode!
PvE Warzone 343, let's go!
Not something I want personally, but I know a lot of people who want it so I say add it.
If they use the whole month (march maybe) or even it might take 2 months i have no problem to wait!

If 343 adds in this gamemode it will keep all the current players keep playing, attract other players, and attract old fans as well! Also current fans (like me) would play the heck out of this for a long time just like i have been multiplayer grinding.

But please make a new map for this gamemode!
I'd beyond love that. I'm not a huge MP fan, so something like this would be straight up my ally.
Just a comment to keep this post alive
Sounds like a great idea! One of my favorite parts of Warzone is when you clear your home base at the beginning, so this would be awesome! Let's make it happen.
Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm down!
I'm disappointed they didn't even mention this in the Infinity livestream. It's pure folly to not include this in a future update. The potential is there and the community is willing!
It seems as though lately 343 responds more on twitter than anything else. I dont get into social media that much. But maybe if anyone here has a twitter account lets just ask 343. Is pve warzone in the works yes or no?
Imagine that it starts off with 24 players, and each player has like 2 lives. So as it goes on, you're forced to watch your friends tragically fall beside you as you continue the fight until the last man
Oh I like this one. It never really ends, it just keeps going until everyone dies for good, maybe make use of the revive system from campaign, with a limit on how many times someone can be revived per life similar to L4D.

Maybe have it set up to where it starts off really easy with just hordes of grunts and jackals, and every 3 waves adds a new enemy, so wave 3 throws Elites into the mix, wave 6 gives you Hunters, wave 9 adds Crawlers, wave 12 drops Soldiers, wave 15 has Watchers reviving soldiers and crawlers, wave 18 has knights, and wave 21 has Warden Eternal.
Just for basic firefight style though.

It would open up some interesting maps too. Not just generator defence, but also scenarios like "You've captured a Kraken, guard it while we manoeuvre it back to our base." and the players have to fight of Prometheans teleporting in and Phantoms dropping troops on the top while Banshee's and Phaeton's assault the top.
You can do iiiit! PvE Warzone!
Imagine that it starts off with 24 players, and each player has like 2 lives. So as it goes on, you're forced to watch your friends tragically fall beside you as you continue the fight until the last man
Oh I like this one. It never really ends, it just keeps going until everyone dies for good, maybe make use of the revive system from campaign, with a limit on how many times someone can be revived per life similar to L4D.

Maybe have it set up to where it starts off really easy with just hordes of grunts and jackals, and every 3 waves adds a new enemy, so wave 3 throws Elites into the mix, wave 6 gives you Hunters, wave 9 adds Crawlers, wave 12 drops Soldiers, wave 15 has Watchers reviving soldiers and crawlers, wave 18 has knights, and wave 21 has Warden Eternal.

It would open up some interesting maps too. Not just generator defence, but also scenarios like "You've captured a Kraken, guard it while we manoeuvre it back to our base." and the players have to fight of Prometheans teleporting in and Phantoms dropping troops on the top while Banshee's and Phaeton's assault the top.
^This. And maybe even add different types of enemies. For example, one map has The Flood, and the end boss is the Gravemind, and another map has Brutes, where the end boss is Tartarus. Maybe even add in a Scarab as a boss! There's just so many possibilities.
Guys this would be a great idea, but do you seriously think there are chances to get it (i know what they said, but they said a lot of other things too...)?
I mean, they cannot even deliver basic and simple gamemodes and you think they would make something big, complex and totally different like a PvE gametype post launch (wiith a population in constantly decreasing)?
I would like to have your optimism...
AWESOME!!!!!! That would be AWESOME! A 12 man team against an onslaught of AIs outfitted with phaetons and banshees and stuff. They would probably have to set the AIs to legendary though so since there are so many players.

#MaximumHypeAchieved

^This. And maybe even add different types of enemies. For example, one map has The Flood, and the end boss is the Gravemind, and another map has Brutes, where the end boss is Tartarus. Maybe even add in a Scarab as a boss! There's just so many possibilities.
What about a Covenant Battlecruiser?!?! Or even the DIDACT!!!!!! SO MUCH HYPE, TOO MUCH HYPE
I need this in my life
I need this in my life
I think we all do man, I think we all do
danimusio wrote:
Guys this would be a great idea, but do you seriously think there are chances to get it (i know what they said, but they said a lot of other things too...)?
I mean, they cannot even deliver basic and simple gamemodes and you think they would make something big, complex and totally different like a PvE gametype post launch (wiith a population in constantly decreasing)?
I think as PAID DLC it has a fairly decent chance of happening.
As FREE DLC update that makes full use of the REQ system maybe that could happen but less likely IMHO.

Also yet again to anyone asking for 12 or more Spartans (24) this is not a good idea for this reason...

It would simply need too many on-screen AI to keep that interesting for all players involved. We need to be outnumbered and have variety in the AI eg normal + boss types.

Let's look briefly at only 12 Spartans.

To have 4:1 ratio eg 4 AI for 1 Spartan.

That's 48 AI and 12 Spartans and that's only 4 enemies each and that's already 60 characters the game has to handle at once and that's without any vehicles etc to take into account. We don't want lot's of slow down/frame rate or lag issues do we.

For this reason alone I say 4 player co-op, maybe 6 max, certainly not 12 and definitely not 24.

Personally I'd skip doing warzone and instead do the following....this is PAID DLC btw

basically do halo's version of GOW 3 horde mode, kind of a firefight 2.0

Likely to be 4 player co-op, maybe as many as 6 players but we need to be heavily outnumbered and have plenty of "normal" level AI to fight.

50 waves, a boss wave every 10, the game gets harder on every 11 wave, eg more enemy health + damage.

Use REQ system but instead of how it works in multiplayer you wouldn't be able to buy things with real money.

Instead everyone starts the match with ZERO REQ points and these don't carry over to the next match, they must be used in this match. They are then earned for kills/assists/revives and wave survival.

Players can then spend them how they choose during the 50 waves.

This could be played in public or pvt matches, on any available difficulty setting and MAYBE with optional skulls as well for added challenge.

With some minor adjustments it should work on most multi-player maps.
MTKC2009 wrote:
danimusio wrote:
I think as PAID DLC it has a fairly decent chance of happening.
As FREE DLC update that makes full use of the REQ system maybe that could happen but less likely IMHO.

Also yet again to anyone asking for 12 or more Spartans (24) this is not a good idea for this reason...

It would simply need too many on-screen AI to keep that interesting for all players involved. We need to be outnumbered and have variety in the AI eg normal + boss types.

Let's look briefly at only 12 Spartans.

To have 4:1 ratio eg 4 AI for 1 Spartan.

That's 48 AI and 12 Spartans and that's only 4 enemies each and that's already 60 characters the game has to handle at once and that's without any vehicles etc to take into account. We don't want lot's of slow down/frame rate or lag issues do we.

For this reason alone I say 4 player co-op, maybe 6 max, certainly not 12 and definitely not 24.

Personally I'd skip doing warzone and instead do the following....this is PAID DLC btw

basically do halo's version of GOW 3 horde mode, kind of a firefight 2.0

Likely to be 4 player co-op, maybe as many as 6 players but we need to be heavily outnumbered and have plenty of "normal" level AI to fight.

50 waves, a boss wave every 10, the game gets harder on every 11 wave, eg more enemy health + damage.

Use REQ system but instead of how it works in multiplayer you wouldn't be able to buy things with real money.

Instead everyone starts the match with ZERO REQ points and these don't carry over to the next match, they must be used in this match. They are then earned for kills/assists/revives and wave survival.

Players can then spend them how they choose during the 50 waves.

This could be played in public or pvt matches, on any available difficulty setting and MAYBE with optional skulls as well for added challenge.

With some minor adjustments it should work on most multi-player maps.
Once again, I agree wholeheartedly.

Too many Spartans means a limited number of AI, and 343i would have to counterbalance that by making the enemies lame damage sponges. With 4 or 6 players, the Spartans will be comfortably outnumbered; the spirit of any Spartan related battle. Not only that, but with 4 teammates, it'd be reasonable to have free reign with requisitioned weaponry and vehicles.

4 or 6 players is the most reasonable request, and the most workable format.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 65
  4. 66
  5. 67
  6. 68
  7. 69
  8. ...
  9. 84