5. 68
  6. 69
  7. 70
  8. ...
  9. 84
Bad John wrote:
MTKC2009 wrote:
danimusio wrote:
Guys this would be a great idea, but do you seriously think there are chances to get it (i know what they said, but they said a lot of other things too...)?
I mean, they cannot even deliver basic and simple gamemodes and you think they would make something big, complex and totally different like a PvE gametype post launch (wiith a population in constantly decreasing)?
I would like to have your optimism...
I think as PAID DLC it has a fairly decent chance of happening.
As FREE DLC update that makes full use of the REQ system maybe that could happen but less likely IMHO.

Also yet again to anyone asking for 12 or more Spartans (24) this is not a good idea for this reason...

It would simply need too many on-screen AI to keep that interesting for all players involved. We need to be outnumbered and have variety in the AI eg normal + boss types.

Let's look briefly at only 12 Spartans.

To have 4:1 ratio eg 4 AI for 1 Spartan.

That's 48 AI and 12 Spartans and that's only 4 enemies each and that's already 60 characters the game has to handle at once and that's without any vehicles etc to take into account. We don't want lot's of slow down/frame rate or lag issues do we.

For this reason alone I say 4 player co-op, maybe 6 max, certainly not 12 and definitely not 24.

Personally I'd skip doing warzone and instead do the following....this is PAID DLC btw

basically do halo's version of GOW 3 horde mode, kind of a firefight 2.0

Likely to be 4 player co-op, maybe as many as 6 players but we need to be heavily outnumbered and have plenty of "normal" level AI to fight.

50 waves, a boss wave every 10, the game gets harder on every 11 wave, eg more enemy health + damage.

Use REQ system but instead of how it works in multiplayer you wouldn't be able to buy things with real money.

Instead everyone starts the match with ZERO REQ points and these don't carry over to the next match, they must be used in this match. They are then earned for kills/assists/revives and wave survival.

Players can then spend them how they choose during the 50 waves.

This could be played in public or pvt matches, on any available difficulty setting and MAYBE with optional skulls as well for added challenge.

With some minor adjustments it should work on most multi-player maps.
Once again, I agree wholeheartedly.

Too many Spartans means a limited number of AI, and 343i would have to counterbalance that by making the enemies lame damage sponges. With 4 or 6 players, the Spartans will be comfortably outnumbered; the spirit of any Spartan related battle. Not only that, but with 4 teammates, it'd be reasonable to have free reign with requisitioned weaponry and vehicles.

4 or 6 players is the most reasonable request, and the most workable format.
I get that some people want 12 or more Spartans teaming up against loads of AI as that would arguably feel more like a big battle and might be a lot of fun potentially BUT there is a lot of difference between what people would like and what is actually possible.

I have never played VS as it doesn't interest me and haven't played normal warzone that does have AI and lots of Spartans BUT I severely doubt it has many AI running around and certainly not the numbers you would need for a purely PvE mode.

Even 12 Spartans would be highly impractical, an xbox one is only so powerful and then you have to take into account lag/frame rate drops/slow down etc and you simple could not have enough AI per player to keep this interesting.

4 or 6 Spartans has to be max IMHO.

I mentioned 48 AI, now imagine that with only 4 or 6 Spartans now that seems a lot more fun doesn't it, plenty for everyone to shoot. Can have a good amount of "normal" AI and then some tougher boss types + vehicles as well if wanted.

Try to keep your ideas possible. It's fine to dream guys but if we want 343 to make this a reality we have to be practical about this and what would run well using Halo 5's engine.
Still hoping for PvE Warzone. Keep this thread alive, make sure 343i knows what we want.
Reach firefight. Enough said.
PvEasy? But why...?

If you want lousy, repetitive FPS PvE you can play Destiny.
Halo has never done PVE right. Firefight was a good start, but Gears of War with Horde and CoD with Zombies are much better. Halo needs it's own signature PVE mode.
They should do Player vs Flood. Dunno about a Warzone style, but a Survival mode similar to horde from Gears would be cool. You have to fight off waves of flood that get more numerous each wave and stronger every few waves. If you die you have to wait till your team finishes the wave to respawn, unless you all die then the game ends. You could accumulate points as you go and use them to purchase either weapons or a vehicle that are specific to each map at your base. They could have a wave cap where the game ends (Gears was 50) or it could keep going till your team all dies, each game trying to outdo your previous high score. I wouldn't use 24 people though....maybe a number between 6-10. And using your own armor colors would be nice too.
PvE Warzone? "Just do it!" -Shia Labeuf, 20XX
Skeptical as I am, I choose to believe in 343i. Surely they know how well loved Firefight was, and how toxic it is to ignore the casual audience in favor of weapon skins and the competitive circuit.

They're probably cooking something up, and any day now they'll pop in and say "ohey dudes we're doing something like that right now."

Any day now.
Supernva37 wrote:
Imagine that it starts off with 24 players, and each player has like 2 lives. So as it goes on, you're forced to watch your friends tragically fall beside you as you continue the fight until the last man
This. Right here. And you get REQ points based on how long you are able to survive. The more players who complete the objective without dying out, the more overall REQ points will be rewarded to the team. Or something along those lines. WARzone!
This is why I love this community <3
Nuggetsx wrote:
You just blew my mind. I wouldn't even miss firefight. Plus everyone could use their own color scheme, since there is only one team.
yeah man! this would be nice!
We need this.
So just in case nobody remembers back in February 343 said in a Warzone Q&A that if there was enough hype and enthusiasm for a PvE version of Warzone then they would implement it as part of the Post-Launch Content! I'ts somewhere in here just keep scrolling!

Anyways the Reddit Halo community is already making tons of noise just take a look
Upvotes and counting!

Just imagine 24 Spartans on a Warzone map going up against hordes and hordes of AI, while defending Generators and causing mayhem all around!
This would be a perfect successor to FireFight and an amazing way of creating a whole different experience in Halo 5:Guardians!

(Edit here's the quote for my lazy folk!)

Dundeeee
Any chance we'll see a PvE only version of Warzone?
We have no plans for a PvE-only version of Warzone, but this is something we may consider post-launch if there is enough enthusiasm from the Halo 5 community.
wow... awsome this would be..
We want Warzone Firefight!

Do eeet!
This is, by far, the thing I want added the most. Firefight was so much fun.
PvEasy? But why...?

If you want lousy, repetitive FPS PvE you can play Destiny.
Halo has never done PVE right. Firefight was a good start, but Gears of War with Horde and CoD with Zombies are much better. Halo needs it's own signature PVE mode.
They should do Player vs Flood. Dunno about a Warzone style, but a Survival mode similar to horde from Gears would be cool. You have to fight off waves of flood that get more numerous each wave and stronger every few waves. If you die you have to wait till your team finishes the wave to respawn, unless you all die then the game ends. You could accumulate points as you go and use them to purchase either weapons or a vehicle that are specific to each map at your base. They could have a wave cap where the game ends (Gears was 50) or it could keep going till your team all dies, each game trying to outdo your previous high score. I wouldn't use 24 people though....maybe a number between 6-10. And using your own armor colors would be nice too.
Nothing wrong with using the flood but their character models I assume are NOT in this game/designed for the current gen so that would be a lot of work for 343 to do this, by using character models already in the game that would make this proposed PvE mode more feasible.

I also think a pure flood game would get dull, nothing wrong with having one wave say every 10 or something like that but constant flood would get repetitive. Personally I prefer a wave objective live gears horde, eg 50 waves so you can complete it/win.
No problem with having an OPTION (something modern games seem to be afraid of having, eg too many options) though for infinite waves.

As for Spartans I think 6 max, any more and there would unlikely not be enough AI per player to kill as you would want plenty of "normal" enemies and some "boss" types.

8 maybe at an absolute push BUT personally be happy with 4 players like firefight was, that way we would all get plenty of AI to kill and it would run smoothly.

For people asking for lots of Spartans it works like this....

More Spartans = less AI for each player to kill

Because if not the game would suffer from slow down/frame rate/lag issues if they tried to have loads of Spartans + loads of AI.
OMFG hadnt even thought of that... this needs to be sent 1st class recorded to 343 HQ this is a huge game changer... i freakkking love it if they bought that to warzone.

i would literally -Yoink- my pants....
THIS DEFO SHOULD HAPPEN
conski007 wrote:
THIS DEFO SHOULD HAPPEN
Agreed,

Halo 5 needs another PvE mode.
At the moment all it has is the campaign which although fun is not enough for PvE players long term especially in what is a modern AAA game AND one of Xbox One's biggest exclusive games.

If anyone from 343 reads this, here are some points.

1) Whatever co-op PvE mode you do remember OPTIONS are essential and the more the better. The main reason IMHO Spartan ops didn't work was it's near total lack of them, eg all you could basically choose was what difficulty you played the mission on and had inifinite re-spawns.

Nothing wrong with having a casual option like that BUT also have limited lives, perhaps one life per mission only, have it work like the campaign and THEN have difficulty settings + ideally skulls as well.

That would have made Spartan Ops a lot better but this applies to nearly any co-op mode, more options/ways to play it the better and this way it can be played by halo player of all skill levels.

2) Some response/official statement you are WORKING on something PvE to add to this game would be a good idea and prevent some people who perhaps have done with campaign from selling this game assuming they are PvE players and not into VS.

3) PAID DLC is OK I think by most people as long as you put plenty of effort into making this new mode. However please see point 2 if this is going to take a while.
I'm not sure how I've managed to miss this idea for this long but I think it is an amazing idea and would love to see it implemented.
Still hoping this happens, a truly PVE mode would be awesome to have. I agree with the teams being 4 to 6 Spartans. Once the REQ levels start increasing the amount of enemies necessary to pose a threat would be pretty crazy. Also a boss round would be cool all the legendary bosses at once.
FI-RE-FIGHT! FI-RE-FIGHT! FI-RE-FIGHT!
Want so hard! Having a small army of Spartans go up against a swarm of monster AI's would be friggin' sick!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 66
  4. 67
  5. 68
  6. 69
  7. 70
  8. ...
  9. 84