2. ...
  3. 68
  4. 69
  5. 70
  6. 71
  7. 72
  8. ...
  9. 84
This would be awesome but I doubt it would becom a part of the game.
MTKC2009 wrote:
I feel I need to post on this subject AGAIN as some people aren't getting it.

10/12 or more Spartans is NOT a good idea for this reason.

More Spartans = less AI to shoot per player = less interesting/intense game.

WHY?

An Xbox one is only so powerful, yes more so than a xbox 360 but still certainly has LIMITS if you want a mode to run well eg minus slow down/lag/frame rate issues.

Lets look at AI to player ratio, let's say 4:1, that is only 4 AI per one player.

With only 10 players that would be a potential 40 AI and 10 Spartans making 50 character models and that's without any vehicles etc.

We need variation in enemies, no-one wants to fight constant bullet sponges (they should be boss type enemies only), we would surely want mainly normal level AI and only some boss types.

What works in warzone as it is with a potential 24 Spartans wouldn't work for a purely PvE warzone.

Too anyone who has played VS warzone with AI, how many AI at once? I doubt there are many. If there could be a lot and the game still handle it well then 343 would have done it but they didn't for a good reason because if they did the game would have issues eg the game would have major lag/frame rate/slow down issues.

Let's compare to treyarch's zombie's mode in black ops 3.

They still went with 4 player co-op, didn't try to up the amount of players did they..

Let's imagine if they did and say did 6 player, now they would then need to significantly increase the amount of zombies as well so everyone has enough to shoot.

I expect this would have led to slow down/frame rate/lag issues.

6 Spartans + AI + vehicles might be possible but I'd say that is the upper limit.
Bears repeating.

Bares repeating?

Nah, bears repeating.
Bad John wrote:
MTKC2009 wrote:

WHY?

An Xbox one is only so powerful, yes more so than a xbox 360 but still certainly has LIMITS if you want a mode to run well eg minus slow down/lag/frame rate issues.

Lets look at AI to player ratio, let's say 4:1, that is only 4 AI per one player.

With only 10 players that would be a potential 40 AI and 10 Spartans making 50 character models and that's without any vehicles etc.

We need variation in enemies, no-one wants to fight constant bullet sponges (they should be boss type enemies only), we would surely want mainly normal level AI and only some boss types.

What works in warzone as it is with a potential 24 Spartans wouldn't work for a purely PvE warzone.

Too anyone who has played VS warzone with AI, how many AI at once? I doubt there are many. If there could be a lot and the game still handle it well then 343 would have done it but they didn't for a good reason because if they did the game would have issues eg the game would have major lag/frame rate/slow down issues.

They still went with 4 player co-op, didn't try to up the amount of players did they..

Let's imagine if they did and say did 6 player, now they would then need to significantly increase the amount of zombies as well so everyone has enough to shoot.

6 Spartans + AI + vehicles might be possible but I'd say that is the upper limit.
Bears repeating.

Bares repeating?

Nah, bears repeating.
Dont care, I'd rather them try and fail than never give me an option to go all crazy with 23 other Spartans vs. a battalion-brigade sized element.
I really want this to happen! Bring on the PvE!
Bad John wrote:
MTKC2009 wrote:

WHY?

Bears repeating.

Bares repeating?

Nah, bears repeating.
Dont care, I'd rather them try and fail than never give me an option to go all crazy with 23 other Spartans vs. a battalion-brigade sized element.
It's not really about trying and failing, really. It's about them considering the scope of the request and deciding whether or not it's doable. If we make a modest, yet workable and fun game-model, they're more likely to get it up and running then try to add more. If we ask for 24 players, new assets like the Flood, new maps or whatever, then they're more likely to dismiss the idea entirely.

MTKC's idea can clearly be done in a manageable and servicable manner. If we ask for too much then we all stand the risk of losing.

Besides, what's the point of the mode if it's borderline unplayable for 90% of players due to the sheer taxation on the cloud that it causes?
PvEasy? But why...?

If you want lousy, repetitive FPS PvE you can play Destiny.
Halo has never done PVE right. Firefight was a good start, but Gears of War with Horde and CoD with Zombies are much better. Halo needs it's own signature PVE mode.
Halo could actually have version of COD zombies with the flood for a legit match. Have multiple versions for different enemies. Flood, Covenant, and Prometheans, have it alternate between them, plus more maps added over time.
YES! I want, -no- I NEED this!
Bump. I want this!!
Make it Happen 343!!
Come on 343 make this happen. It's in high demand.
Plz 343I make this happen!! This would truly bring some excitement into Halo 5 warzone!!
DO IT NOW.
PvEasy? But why...?

If you want lousy, repetitive FPS PvE you can play Destiny.
Even though Firefight came first before Destiny bud, soooo close to a good insult though bud <3
Firefight Warzone: Similar to Gears of War 3's Horde mode, it would consist of one team of 12 spartans. They would have to defend 3 bases against wave after wave of NPC enemies for 50 waves. Players would have access to their Requisitions Via the Req Stations in each base. The level of reqs the players have access to would increase with each successful round the team survives. Example: Round 1, level 1 reqs available, Round 2 level 2 reqs available, etc, up till round 11 when the req level resets back to level 1 and enemy difficulty increases. Round 10 will see multiple legendary quality bosses spawn and attack the bases along with their minions thus dubbing it the Boss Round. Should the players lose control over all 3 bases, their home base core becomes exposed and the NPCs will begin storming the base attempting to destroy it. At which point the players must get back to their home base to hold off the attackers and defend the core. Control of the bases is not restored to the players until they reach an 11th wave. If the players manage to survive until the 11th wave, their home base core defenses are restored. However, any damage dealt to the core remains and does not recover.

Players get one life per round. If they die, they have to wait until their team manages to win the round and they respawn. However, players are not killed instantly and are merely downed and can be revived by teammates, just like in campaign mode, and have 45 seconds to be revived or else they "bleed out" and die.

RP and XP are rewarded for both loss and victory in Warzone Firefight. Amount of RP and XP yielded is dependent upon the highest wave reached. Reach wave 10, get 1000 XP and RP, 2000 for wave 20, 3000 for wave 30, 4000 for wave 40 and 5000 for wave 50, plus bonuses added on for number of kills, medals, teammate revives, waves survived without dying and boss/legendary take downs, about 5-10 extra points for each.

If the entire team is killed or the core is destroyed the game is over. NPCs take over bases by destroying generators inside the base. With each lost base, more enemies will spawn on the map the next round at the conquered base. Generator health is not restored upon completion of a wave and only restores once an 11th round is reached and control of the bases is restored to the players.

In between each round, players will have 40 seconds of prep time to get ready and get to their positions. 4 spartans will initially spawn at each base. There will be no NPC Marine support. Defense of the bases is completely up to the players. Friendly fire will be turned off to avoid accidental... or intentional... team killing.

Thread found here: Firefight Warzone
Keep the dream alive, people. 343i really should pin this thread...
Keep the dream alive, people. 343i really should pin this thread...
We must make this happen!
Hey 343
I think it sounds like a waste. I could play Destiny if I wanted to play PVE.
this would be amazing
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 68
  4. 69
  5. 70
  6. 71
  7. 72
  8. ...
  9. 84