2. ...
  3. 70
  4. 71
  5. 72
  6. 73
  7. 74
  8. ...
  9. 84
I love this idea. I'm not as enthusiastic about PvP as I used to be, but love PvE game modes.

I also think being able to place enemy AI in forge would be a good alternative. Players can create their own missions/campaigns. The really good ones would get the most likes and before you know it we're all downloading the top-rated user-created Halo missions. The re-playability of H5 would be off the charts.
u can just have firefight back instead, especially with some of the suggestions ive seen here (solo/small teams)
If this doesn't end up happening, then I at least want firefight!
Making noise making noise now make it happen! 343
tH3M4niAx3 wrote:
Firefight Warzone: Similar to Gears of War 3's Horde mode, it would consist of one team of 12 spartans. They would have to defend 3 bases against wave after wave of NPC enemies for 50 waves. Players would have access to their Requisitions Via the Req Stations in each base. The level of reqs the players have access to would increase with each successful round the team survives. Example: Round 1, level 1 reqs available, Round 2 level 2 reqs available, etc, up till round 11 when the req level resets back to level 1 and enemy difficulty increases. Round 10 will see multiple legendary quality bosses spawn and attack the bases along with their minions thus dubbing it the Boss Round. Should the players lose control over all 3 bases, their home base core becomes exposed and the NPCs will begin storming the base attempting to destroy it. At which point the players must get back to their home base to hold off the attackers and defend the core. Control of the bases is not restored to the players until they reach an 11th wave. If the players manage to survive until the 11th wave, their home base core defenses are restored. However, any damage dealt to the core remains and does not recover.

Players get one life per round. If they die, they have to wait until their team manages to win the round and they respawn. However, players are not killed instantly and are merely downed and can be revived by teammates, just like in campaign mode, and have 45 seconds to be revived or else they "bleed out" and die.

RP and XP are rewarded for both loss and victory in Warzone Firefight. Amount of RP and XP yielded is dependent upon the highest wave reached. Reach wave 10, get 1000 XP and RP, 2000 for wave 20, 3000 for wave 30, 4000 for wave 40 and 5000 for wave 50, plus bonuses added on for number of kills, medals, teammate revives, waves survived without dying and boss/legendary take downs, about 5-10 extra points for each.

If the entire team is killed or the core is destroyed the game is over. NPCs take over bases by destroying generators inside the base. With each lost base, more enemies will spawn on the map the next round at the conquered base. Generator health is not restored upon completion of a wave and only restores once an 11th round is reached and control of the bases is restored to the players.

In between each round, players will have 40 seconds of prep time to get ready and get to their positions. 4 spartans will initially spawn at each base. There will be no NPC Marine support. Defense of the bases is completely up to the players. Friendly fire will be turned off to avoid accidental... or intentional... team killing.

Thread found here: Firefight Warzone
A good idea except for one thing, 12 Spartans is just not practical.

I am not going to go over this again in detail (please see some of my replies if want to know why) but simply put, 6 is maximum amount of Spartans so we can have plenty of AI to fight, plenty of "normal" AI and some "boss" types and keep the game running well, eg minus slow down/frame rate/lag issues.

Otherwise a cool idea.
Yeeeeees.That would be amazing.
Dundeeee
Any chance we'll see a PvE only version of Warzone?

We have no plans for a PvE-only version of Warzone, but this is something we may consider post-launch if there is enough enthusiasm from the Halo 5 community.

I'd say there is enough enthusiasm, really hoping for some sort of official 343 response in the near future.
MTKC2009 wrote:
tH3M4niAx3 wrote:
Firefight Warzone: Similar to Gears of War 3's Horde mode, it would consist of one team of 12 spartans. They would have to defend 3 bases against wave after wave of NPC enemies for 50 waves. Players would have access to their Requisitions Via the Req Stations in each base. The level of reqs the players have access to would increase with each successful round the team survives. Example: Round 1, level 1 reqs available, Round 2 level 2 reqs available, etc, up till round 11 when the req level resets back to level 1 and enemy difficulty increases. Round 10 will see multiple legendary quality bosses spawn and attack the bases along with their minions thus dubbing it the Boss Round. Should the players lose control over all 3 bases, their home base core becomes exposed and the NPCs will begin storming the base attempting to destroy it. At which point the players must get back to their home base to hold off the attackers and defend the core. Control of the bases is not restored to the players until they reach an 11th wave. If the players manage to survive until the 11th wave, their home base core defenses are restored. However, any damage dealt to the core remains and does not recover.

Players get one life per round. If they die, they have to wait until their team manages to win the round and they respawn. However, players are not killed instantly and are merely downed and can be revived by teammates, just like in campaign mode, and have 45 seconds to be revived or else they "bleed out" and die.

RP and XP are rewarded for both loss and victory in Warzone Firefight. Amount of RP and XP yielded is dependent upon the highest wave reached. Reach wave 10, get 1000 XP and RP, 2000 for wave 20, 3000 for wave 30, 4000 for wave 40 and 5000 for wave 50, plus bonuses added on for number of kills, medals, teammate revives, waves survived without dying and boss/legendary take downs, about 5-10 extra points for each.

If the entire team is killed or the core is destroyed the game is over. NPCs take over bases by destroying generators inside the base. With each lost base, more enemies will spawn on the map the next round at the conquered base. Generator health is not restored upon completion of a wave and only restores once an 11th round is reached and control of the bases is restored to the players.

In between each round, players will have 40 seconds of prep time to get ready and get to their positions. 4 spartans will initially spawn at each base. There will be no NPC Marine support. Defense of the bases is completely up to the players. Friendly fire will be turned off to avoid accidental... or intentional... team killing.

Thread found here: Firefight Warzone
A good idea except for one thing, 12 Spartans is just not practical.

I am not going to go over this again in detail (please see some of my replies if want to know why) but simply put, 6 is maximum amount of Spartans so we can have plenty of AI to fight, plenty of "normal" AI and some "boss" types and keep the game running well, eg minus slow down/frame rate/lag issues.

Otherwise a cool idea.
12 was just a suggestion, not mandatory.

I just really, really, really want a game play mode like this that I can go into with a decent amount of friends.
This REALLY needs to happen... Plain ol' warzone is getting stale...
Everyone PM this message to 343. This needs to be a reality.
Zaroeth wrote:
This REALLY needs to happen... Plain ol' warzone is getting stale...
Sadly...
I really like this idea! This would make Halo 5 much more interesting. Maybe rotate between protecting generators, and protecting scientists while they research some forerunner structures. And I REALLY like the idea that our Spartans will have their own colors.

And has for the maps, maybe they could have one that is the battle of Harvest, Reach, or some other battle that took place during the human-covenant war.

I really want this to happen, 343!
Oh please 343 make this happen... This would be the greatest gametype ever.
Ab...sooooooooooo....lutley. Should have been there since day one. Want to show off my coordinating armor and weapons colors!
PvE warzone would be awesome! 343, come on!
Hey 343, your silence on this topic is deafening.
So basically a full-scale Firefight from Reach? I'm in.
I think its impossible for someone to disagree
R3dMarine wrote:
I think its impossible for someone to disagree
Except for those ignorant selfish jerks who say things like "go play Destiny if you want PvE". Idiots...
Kiki Wolfkill already liked my tweet, c'mon guys, tweet this to all devs you know. Maybe someone can make a list of 343 Twitter accounts?

We CAN get this done!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 70
  4. 71
  5. 72
  6. 73
  7. 74
  8. ...
  9. 84