Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Question to Old School Button Jumpers

OP Ancient Attero

Got a question for all the old school Button Jumpers of the Halo community.

Do you prefer Helljumper or Button Jumper in Halo 5?

Reason I'm asking is Helljumper changes Smart Link, Grenade, and Melee. Respectfully moves them to LT, RB, and Right-Stick Click. I've been messing with it since launch and have been liking it.

Curious on others opinions on why you use it, or still prefer Button Jumper.
Bumper Jumper, I have not actually used or tried Helljumper. I don't feel the need to change though I've always used Bumper Jumper so why change now as it is the controls are for me what they always have been.
I play bumper, I don't see why helljumper would be better.
Ancrath V wrote:
I play bumper, I don't see why helljumper would be better.
My thought was given that I play Destiny as well, its a very similar control scheme so I don't get confused when switching.
The thing is while using bumper jumper and sniping, you cannot quickscope like how you were able to in previous halo games. It always hard scopes, which I didn't like. Is there a way to enable quickscope in bumper jumper, because it's a big disadvantage for bumper jumpers. That is why I have switched to helljumper but I am still getting used to it. I would much rather prefer bumper jumper, but the quickscope man....
Haven't tried hell jumper yet, however it sounds like the modern day bumper jumpers from other games. I'll have to look into it and try it out. But been a bumper jumper for years and years
I've always used bumper jumper but switched to default for Halo 5 due to the ease of use for thrust. It just wasn't working for me on X and is much better on B. Also, jumping doesn't seem to be nearly as prevalent in 5 as it used to be.
I use default and use the OS button mapper to swap LB and A, X and B. I also turned off Stabilizers.

I can much more easily jump with LB and can jump while scoped without going into hover but also push the LS to enter hover or run. RS is crouch with Toggled On.

After a run through on Legendary, solo, I'm very comfortable with my changes and will only get more comfortable with the Elite controller... Whenever it restocks :D
I use default and use the OS button mapper to swap LB and A, X and B. I also turned off Stabilizers.

I can much more easily jump with LB and can jump while scoped without going into hover but also push the LS to enter hover or run. RS is crouch with Toggled On.

After a run through on Legendary, solo, I'm very comfortable with my changes and will only get more comfortable with the Elite controller... Whenever it restocks :D
That sounds like a pretty good set up. I've been considering setting up my own modified version of default or BJ as well. I may try a variant close to yours.

you da real MVP

THANKS

What's the OS Button Mapper?
Got a question for all the old school Button Jumpers of the Halo community.

Do you prefer Helljumper or Button Jumper in Halo 5?

Reason I'm asking is Helljumper changes Smart Link, Grenade, and Melee. Respectfully moves them to LT, RB, and Right-Stick Click. I've been messing with it since launch and have been liking it.

Curious on others opinions on why you use it, or still prefer Button Jumper.
I tried out helijumper, pashooter, and boxer. These are the best controller settings in my opinion. Aiming with the L trigger increases stability, which is really nice. Especially at long range. But since it is the trigger, the timing isn't exact since there is no feedback other than visual feedback and the distance till action is unknown. This makes quick scoping with weapons more luck based, and less consistent. Jumping and scoping is also less efficient, depending on how you hold the controller. (3 on LT and 2 on LB with fix this) Melee is nice on the thumbstick for regular melees. If you come into a spartan charge battle at a very short distance, someone playing BJ is going to have the upper hand. (unless you claw the a button) I've found that RB for nades makes mine less precise, but that might only affect me. All of that being said, I still play BJ.

What's the OS Button Mapper?
He is probably referring to the dashboard update coming out the 11th
Bumper Jumper, always.
I started using Bumper Jumper while playing MCC and I've been trying both Helljumper and BJ in Halo 5. I find having Smart Link on the LT much more natural but I couldn't get used to having melee on the RS. So for me it was a case of choosing which action I wanted to use easier, scoping or melee. With descoping kicking in as soon as you're hit, I definitely found melee to be more important for my play. So I'll stick with BJ.
I've always used bumper jumper but switched to default for Halo 5 due to the ease of use for thrust. It just wasn't working for me on X and is much better on B. Also, jumping doesn't seem to be nearly as prevalent in 5 as it used to be.
100% this for me as well.
Thanks for the tip. Scoping is a huge issue I have with this game, so I need to try and see if I can get my fingers to work about the LT-scope option.
Bumper jumper is too familiar to me to switch. I actually like X for thrust and have no issues with movement even with these new abilities.
I just recently switched over to helljumper and honestly the zooming in portion is way easier using melee is a pain in the -Yoink-
bumper jumper till the end!