Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Quitting early in ranked

OP ChiickenChaser

Hey guys my buddy and I have been playing competitive 2v2 the past week and there’s something that’s been super frustrating that I was hoping 343 could look into. I kid you not there has been at least 19 games where one or both kids quit out cause they can’t handle losing... the thing that sucks is we don’t go up after those games. So after “winning” those 19 games, I barely moved up a quarter of a rank. And then we lose one and go down half a rank. I personally don’t think we should be affected negatively if the other team quits out. That’s out of your control and just screws anyone over which is so stupid. Anyway hopefully this can get some heads at 343 for some feedback. 👍🏼
If it's a popular playlist, they should add party matching since a team would probably be less likely to quit.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
If it's a popular playlist, they should add party matching since a team would probably be less likely to quit.
For sure That makes sense. However we’ve had a team of 2 quit out as well. Not as often for sure but it’s still super frustrating.
Are there a maximum number of quits you can have in a week, month, year? There should be.
ZAPDANGDO wrote:
Are there a maximum number of quits you can have in a week, month, year? There should be.
Quitting too many times will result in a ban which gets longer if you keep doing it when you're the first person to quit in ranked.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
ZAPDANGDO wrote:
Quitting too many times will result in a ban which gets longer if you keep doing it when you're the first person to quit in ranked.
Right but isn't that only in a 24hr period?
ZAPDANGDO wrote:
Right but isn't that only in a 24hr period?
No, the ban cool down period is a lot longer. You're probably thinking of MCC which resets in 24 hours if you don't quit.
ZAPDANGDO wrote:
Either way that doesn’t fix the issue that I don’t go up for having people quit out 5 times in a row. 5 wins that equal not going up.
this happens in all the playlists, 343 has 2 problems with this, first they dont have a good punishment for the quitters, second instead of give you a "prize" for make the opponents quit, they "punish" you because that with no rank ups, sadly 343 doesnt make nothing for fix that.
Fix your game. Still happening today
Hey guys my buddy and I have been playing competitive 2v2 the past week and there’s something that’s been super frustrating that I was hoping 343 could look into. I kid you not there has been at least 19 games where one or both kids quit out cause they can’t handle losing... the thing that sucks is we don’t go up after those games. So after “winning” those 19 games, I barely moved up a quarter of a rank. And then we lose one and go down half a rank. I personally don’t think we should be affected negatively if the other team quits out. That’s out of your control and just screws anyone over which is so stupid. Anyway hopefully this can get some heads at 343 for some feedback. 👍🏼
I hear you, man. Most annoying thing. I never quit, even if I get destroyed and am outnumbered, which happens a lot because people on my team quit. I don’t think this problem will be addressed to be honest. It’s been an issue forever in all Halo multiplayers. Maybe an age-restriction for multiplayer would help - don’t ask me how to do that but I have a feeling it’s not a “grown-up” problem so much.
I hear you, man. Most annoying thing. I never quit, even if I get destroyed and am outnumbered, which happens a lot because people on my team quit. I don’t think this problem will be addressed to be honest. It’s been an issue forever in all Halo multiplayers. Maybe an age-restriction for multiplayer would help - don’t ask me how to do that but I have a feeling it’s not a “grown-up” problem so much.
Same here. I have never intentionally quit out of a game. I don't see the point in doing it to artificially pad your stats.
It’s the most frustrating thing. Last season it didn’t happen as much in doubles and we were ranking up towards getting champ, now 2v2 competitive seems to be the place for sore losers and it’s been tough getting out of the diamond 2-4 range... so messed up.
It’s the most frustrating thing. Last season it didn’t happen as much in doubles and we were ranking up towards getting champ, now 2v2 competitive seems to be the place for sore losers and it’s been tough getting out of the diamond 2-4 range... so messed up.
I get it. But as for adding anything stricter than what it already is? No thanks. If I’m playing doubles and my only
team mate quits, I’m quitting. If anything the system should be a little more relaxed when somebody quits after another person on their team does, because I shouldn’t be expected to go 2 on 1 like there’s no issue. Some games I might could handle it but honestly I don’t want to stick around to try and find out and go -20. In 4v4 games I shouldn’t get penalized at all ever if 3 other people leave me hanging like that. And having been on both ends of this I feel like the other team who doesn’t quit, if they’re ahead(which is like always the case) then they should get a full credit win.
I get it. But as for adding anything stricter than what it already is? No thanks. If I’m playing doubles and my only
team mate quits, I’m quitting. If anything the system should be a little more relaxed when somebody quits after another person on their team does, because I shouldn’t be expected to go 2 on 1 like there’s no issue. Some games I might could handle it but honestly I don’t want to stick around to try and find out and go -20. In 4v4 games I shouldn’t get penalized at all ever if 3 other people leave me hanging like that. And having been on both ends of this I feel like the other team who doesn’t quit, if they’re ahead(which is like always the case) then they should get a full credit win.
Yeah I feel ya. Just don’t penalize the winning team. Simple as that. I don’t think they need to put crazy strict rules in play, just allow the win to count normal that way you still go up and won’t matter if people quit out. We play games where it goes 24-22 and the kids quit out. Then we don’t go up and it’s a waste of time. Seriously the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen.