Quiz: About clans

OP K27R

Can you please answer these questions for me. Multiple answers welcome

1: What is a clan?

2: What is the purpose of a clan?
- What are they supposed to be?
- What do they strive for?
- What do clans do?

3: Tell me, what is your clan all about?

4: Do you have any wise advice to give about clans?

(For example, leadership, what-to-expect, what should you do in a clan? How to make it function well etc “anything” you can think of.)
1. A clan is a group of friends who like to game together.
2. Purpose of a clan is to use team work you achieve goals, usually to win games
- They can be how ever the people running or in the clan want it to be. It can be a strict military style clan or just a casual group who like to chill and just play.
- They strive for whatever their purpose is, usually winning but sometimes just fun.
- They do whatever their purpose is, they either strive to win or pad their stats whatever.
3. I am not in a clan. I prefer to solo game.
4. If you want to join one try to find one that suits your play style. If you are going to start one be clear on how you want it to work and try to recruit others by the recruiting section of waypoint, or on Reddit, or discord or maybe the Xbox live clubs.
I would like more replies because I’ve gon around visiting different clans and each time I get a completely different answer. Sometimes I wonder if some of them even know the answer themselves psychologically
K27R wrote:
I would like more replies because I’ve gon around visiting different clans and each time I get a completely different answer. Sometimes I wonder if some of them even know the answer themselves psychologically
You get different answers because their clan can be whatever they want it to be what answer are you looking for?
LethalQ wrote:
K27R wrote:
You get different answers because their clan can be whatever they want it to be what answer are you looking for?
You’re answer is good but I want to hear multiple versions of the answer. I’m looking to understand it all better. Otherwise I’ll just keep asking questions such as these in-game and continue to be answered until I’m satisfied
Are you looking for some kind of deeper philosophical meaning in being part of a clan? Because that's what it sounds like you're looking for. If that's the case, I believe you're putting way too much emphasis on clans as they pertain to Halo.

In the end, clans are a way to get a bunch of like-minded individuals together in order to work toward a common goal. It's no surprise you get different answers from different clans. After all, different clans come into existence for different reasons. If you, yourself, have no idea what you're looking for in a clan, then I highly doubt anyone's going to be able to give you an answer you'll be satisfied with. That is, unless you already know the answer you're looking for and you're just waiting for someone to guess it.
  1. Clans are a way to gather a group of players under a single banner and work towards a common goal.
  2. Clans are often created for competitive reasons, or for role playing like the countless military-based ones (though many take it way too far for their own good).
  3. I'm not really in a clan. It's just a chill group which includes my best friends on Halo. We just do our own thing at our pace.
  4. Find a clan that suits you the most. Personally, I've had bad experience with clans in the past, particularly those with a military motif. Unless you get off the hook better than I did, I'd suggest staying away from them (or any clan really) as much as possible.
1. A clan is a group of friends who like to game together.
2. Purpose of a clan is to use team work you achieve goals, usually to win games
- They can be how ever the people running or in the clan want it to be. It can be a strict military style clan or just a casual group who like to chill and just play.
- They strive for whatever their purpose is, usually winning but sometimes just fun.
- They do whatever their purpose is, they either strive to win or pad their stats whatever.
3. I am not in a clan. I prefer to solo game.
4. If you want to join one try to find one that suits your play style. If you are going to start one be clear on how you want it to work and try to recruit others by the recruiting section of waypoint, or on Reddit, or discord or maybe the Xbox live clubs.
K27R wrote:
I don't know what you're looking for in an answer. There is no psychological or philosophical meaning behind it. In the purest sense of the word:

clan: [Oxford Dictionary]
  • "A group of people with a strong common interest."
What do they do? That common interest.

What do they strive for? Achieving that common interest.