1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Qlasssic wrote:
343i continue their tradition of 1) Trying to fix something that isn't broken

That is an understatement! It is more like 343i continue their tradition of changing things for the sake of change.
Yeahhh. They are notorious for this. The radar needs to be 25m in accordance with every other halo. Combined with increase movement speed and increased radar range is absolutely necessary. I can't follow their logic...or lack thereof. If you actually read their reasoning behind this. It makes zero sense. Basically they said that only skilled players used the radar and it allowed them to be too dominant against unskilled players. So they decrease the range.
Was this really their logic?

Before Halo 4 came out, there was a podcast where someone at 343i explained their reasoning behind not including a competitive ranking system. They said that in Halo 3 and Reach, people were bullying others because of their superior ranks (i.e. I'm a level 50 and you're a 25, you suck!), and 343i wanted to create a more friendly atmosphere. This launched a long series of threads on the forums making fun of this, and one of my favorite threads was "Remove Winning because winning promotes bragging and bullying".

343i are clearly still stuck in the mindset of the casual gamer being bullied. And now, after hiring some actual Halo pros, they are overcorrecting everything in the direction of the Pros.

The underlying issue is 343i are made up of players who are horrible at the game, and they spent several years making their own version of Halo that could be handled by the casual gamer. Then they tried to fix the backlash over this by overcorrecting and hiring Pros, then using only their judgment to make an ultracompetitive game.
Qlasssic wrote:

That is an understatement! It is more like 343i continue their tradition of changing things for the sake of change.
Yeahhh. They are notorious for this. The radar needs to be 25m in accordance with every other halo. Combined with increase movement speed and increased radar range is absolutely necessary. I can't follow their logic...or lack thereof. If you actually read their reasoning behind this. It makes zero sense. Basically they said that only skilled players used the radar and it allowed them to be too dominant against unskilled players. So they decrease the range.

Before Halo 4 came out, there was a podcast where someone at 343i explained their reasoning behind not including a competitive ranking system. They said that in Halo 3 and Reach, people were bullying others because of their superior ranks (i.e. I'm a level 50 and you're a 25, you suck!), and 343i wanted to create a more friendly atmosphere. This launched a long series of threads on the forums making fun of this, and one of my favorite threads was "Remove Winning because winning promotes bragging and bullying".

343i are clearly still stuck in the mindset of the casual gamer being bullied. And now, after hiring some actual Halo pros, they are overcorrecting everything in the direction of the Pros.

The underlying issue is 343i are made up of players who are horrible at the game, and they spent several years making their own version of Halo that could be handled by the casual gamer. Then they tried to fix the backlash over this by overcorrecting and hiring Pros, then using only their judgment to make an ultracompetitive game.
Sums up 343 nicely. Can only go to extremes and not the middle ground.
I just don't understand why they would change the radar, it completely changes the playstyle of Halo.
Qlasssic wrote:

Qlasssic wrote:

Yeahhh. They are notorious for this. The radar needs to be 25m in accordance with every other halo. Combined with increase movement speed and increased radar range is absolutely necessary. I can't follow their logic...or lack thereof. If you actually read their reasoning behind this. It makes zero sense. Basically they said that only skilled players used the radar and it allowed theed players. So they decrease the range.

Yes it really was their logic. It's even more cringeworthy when you read their exact language. Check it out in the link below

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/strategy-substance-style-halo-5-advanced-tactics
I think putting Warzone back to 30m and Arena up to 25m should bring the balance that 343i had in mind when they reduced the radius of the motion sensor's range.
Qlasssic wrote:
Qlasssic wrote:

Qlasssic wrote:

Yes it really was their logic. It's even more cringeworthy when you read their exact language. Check it out in the link below

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/strategy-substance-style-halo-5-advanced-tactics
I read the motion tracker part and wow. They say that if someone appears on the radar it will only be when they are really close and a fight will go down! That is terrible logic because then you have no idea if an engagement is the best choice as you don't know if they have any teammates around them. It severely reduces your judgmental capabilities.

That with consideration of the fast ttk's and certain death when facing more than one opponent you have a recipe for disaster.

This post has been hidden.

Qlasssic wrote:
Qlasssic wrote:

Qlasssic wrote:

I read the motion tracker part and wow. They say that if someone appears on the radar it will only be when they are really close and a fight will go down! That is terrible logic because then you have no idea if an engagement is the best choice as you don't know if they have any teammates around them. It severely reduces your judgmental capabilities.

That with consideration of the fast ttk's and certain death when facing more than one opponent you have a recipe for disaster.
Yeah exactly my thinking as well
The radar sucks.....The beta's radar was much better! I understand the element of surprise and more attentive gameplay but the radar shouldn't go off right when the enemy is behind you. It should give you enough time to prepare for a counter attack.

The beta had it at 32 meters. The current one has it at 18 meters. I propose a compromise. Say 25 meters. Give that a go 343.
The radar sucks.....The beta's radar was much better! I understand the element of surprise and more attentive gameplay but the radar shouldn't go off right when the enemy is behind you. It should give you enough time to prepare for a counter attack.

The beta had it at 32 meters. The current one has it at 18 meters. I propose a compromise. Say 25 meters. Give that a go 343.
Definitely. Maybe it would not be as bad if it was consistent, but it is not. The sprint makes the radar even more useless now.
ixDusky wrote:
I think putting Warzone back to 30m and Arena up to 25m should bring the balance that 343i had in mind when they reduced the radius of the motion sensor's range.
I do not know why, and have not found any info, but sometimes Warzone map show the radar as 40m and sometimes 25m. What gives?
I started to notice this too.The radar doesn't seem to function correctly.
I lost count of how many times i've gotten killed from behind and the radar only tells me when they get within hugging distance.
I think the motion sensor is pretty solid as it is, I don't have any problems with it personally.
I think the motion sensor is pretty solid as it is, I don't have any problems with it personally.
While individual experience can be different, popular opinion suggests the radar is quite different from previous titles, where it was either the same or improved.

Some changes need to be desperately made as the current mechanics do not match the gameplay at all.
It al plays like the maps are actually made for a larger radar and they just changed it last second which makes it feel very inept.
nekrulz wrote:
It al plays like the maps are actually made for a larger radar and they just changed it last second which makes it feel very inept.
I mentioned the maps were small, but when looking at them from a birds eye view they are a decent size.

However, they play like extremely small maps due to poor sightlines and cramped areas. Some are objectively better but some are terrible like the rig.
Yes, I do not like the change.

Like someone else has said "It feels like playling Slayer Pro"

And I do not always want to play Slayer Pro...
This is what separated Halo. It allowed players to actually face off in a BR match and go head to head rather that who sees who 1st. And if you didnt use your radar....well shame on you
EvilStans wrote:
I agree the motion tracker is pretty useless, which I kind of like as it makes more of a cat and mouse feel.
As for your consistency issue, I think it's because the levels are not only more vertical, but the motion tracker is spherical for the first time - so if you are 10 ft up, you can only see about 5ft on the floor below because math.
This is good to know for now, wasn't aware. Hopefully things get changed though. If they want it more competitive, just take it away for that playlist. I like playing with and without it, but right now it can just be frustrating with it. Makes no sense to make it shorter given the higher mobility in this game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4