In quick play or team slayer, If you walk slow, do you show up on radar?
Also, does Team Arena use the old HCS settings where radar is off unless you sprint?
I believe you have to be crouching, stationary, or using a silenced weapon in Team Slayer to avoid appearing on the motion tracker.

For Team Area, you appear on the MT if you shoot a non-silenced weapon or use a Spartan Ability (including Sprint). So you can walk, jump, and crouch freely.
If you walk slow enough, you don't have to crouch. Crouching just makes it easier. Anytime you see your own dot on radar, the enemy can see it. It disappears if you aren't making any "noise".
Halo would be BETTER with No Radar or at least HCS Radar settings on all playlists

Team Slayer is a joke everyone can see where you are, and just camp. It's a camp and Spartan Charge fest. Garbage.
You might as well just crouch walk instead of walking at a snail pace.
AMillz44 wrote:
Halo would be BETTER with No Radar or at least HCS Radar settings on all playlists

Team Slayer is a joke everyone can see where you are, and just camp. It's a camp and Spartan Charge fest. Garbage.
Don't fool yourself. It'd be just the same. Even with no radar or the HCS radar, people camp anyway.
AMillz44 wrote:

Don't fool yourself. It'd be just the same. Even with no radar or the HCS radar, people camp anyway.
Here is the obvious problem - on a map like Refuge (where they can be two shotguns and two swords at once) people camp in ring 2 or 3 and see exactly who's coming in and from what direction, and rack up easy, cheap, skill-less kills.

With HCS or no Radar - I have a 50% chance of sneaking up and getting a back-smack on them.

It eliminates the need/skill for spatial awareness, acute attention to sound/footsteps, and you basically end up looking at a little blue sphere in one corner of the screen for 80% of the match.
AMillz44 wrote:
AMillz44 wrote:

Here is the obvious problem - on a map like Refuge (where they can be two shotguns and two swords at once) people camp in ring 2 or 3 and see exactly who's coming in and from what direction, and rack up easy, cheap, skill-less kills.

With HCS or no Radar - I have a 50% chance of sneaking up and getting a back-smack on them.

It eliminates the need/skill for spatial awareness, acute attention to sound/footsteps, and you basically end up looking at a little blue sphere in one corner of the screen for 80% of the match.
Agreed, Refuge in the Slayer playlist is a joke. However, I'm not sure it entirely boils down to radar. Last time I played Refuge Flag HCS I don't remember swords or shotguns on the map. Rockets replaced sword bottom mid and the tunnels did not have shotguns.

So I think the problem stems from the weapon spawns but radar accentuates their effectiveness.