Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Random cards should let you choose

OP MATADOR Inc

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Random req cards should allow the user a choice of vehicles or weapons. Everyone chooses a Wasp? So be it. I have been on a level 3 random vehicle spree lately, and would certainly not choose an oni gungoose, or any gungoose, as I have gotten on a couple of occasions. But overall, I have been pleased with the vehicles, but it would be better if 343 let us choose.
Random req cards should allow the user a choice of vehicles or weapons. Everyone chooses a Wasp? So be it. I have been on a level 3 random vehicle spree lately, and would certainly not choose an oni gungoose, or any gungoose, as I have gotten on a couple of occasions. But overall, I have been pleased with the vehicles, but it would be better if 343 let us choose.
What would be random about that? I tend to use them a lot myself, partially out of hopes I'll get lucky and get a wraith at level 3 or a sniper at four. I like having to adapt when I get a bad 'roll of the dice.'
I'd rather have the drop rate increase for them, as for me at least they're probably the hardest to get uncommons and rares.
No, random req cards should be exactly that.... random. How ever what 343 needs to do is make wild cards in req packs that allow players to choose whatever req they want. There can be different level wild cards or vehicle wild cards, all kinds of possibilities.
Random doesn't mean choose from an established set of choices. It means you will get something from a list of options with minimal restrictions and no final say on what you get. It's basically a crapshoot. Sometimes you get 7, sometimes you get snake eyes. I've seen a war zone firefight where someone pulled a scorpion in round 2 and I've personally gotten an oni gungoose. One was obviously better but both were random. I've been satisfied with random reqs lately but I was using them back when every rare card gave you a rocket hog so even the little improvement has been enjoyable.
random cards is like a surprise, exitmnent of what you are getting this time, either can be a "great lets kill", or "cheeses, lets hide"
Nope.

Random means "Good luck". If you want to choose what REQ you want to spawn using your random card, you better use the actual REQ card you want to use instead.

I've been lucky with this cards sometimes. Using a blue random card gave me a Hannibal Wasp, and only 1 time, a purple card gave me a beautiful all-mighty Phaeton Helios.

That's the beauty about random cards. You're not always gonna get what you want, but when you do, you will be very hyped and excited, until someone blows you the hell up with the spartan laser, but that's another story.
I get what you mean, about a choice of maybe 3 "random" REQs or something, but I have to agree with the other people here. I think they should be completely random, not only for the sake of fun, but balancing too. I fear random REQ drops would be far too OP, if it gave you a choice. It doesn't sound like it would do much on the surface, but even a choice between 2 or 3 weapons/vehicles could be incredibly impactful, if not handled correctly. Also, it would be far too similar to the despised ordnance drops from Halo 4. Basically, random REQ drops should stay just that; random.
Kinda defeats the purpose of the card, cause ya know...
Spoiler:
Show
I some times think random req shouldn't even exist. I find my self using a random req when I have every thing available to choose from that it's pretty stupid.
If a random REQ card lets you choose what card you want to receive from it, it kinda defeats the purpose of it being random...

Otherwise my level 3 random vehicles are now Hannibal Scorpions and Phaeton Helios.
I don't think you understand what the term "random" means. Besides, that would be hilariously broken. Why would you choose anything other than the same few weapons to dominate the game?
I like the idea, but I don't want to mess with a good thing. I can't tell you how many times I've spawned a Random Vehicle at 5 and gotten a pretty sweet Tank or Banshee.
What would be random about that? I tend to use them a lot myself, partially out of hopes I'll get lucky and get a wraith at level 3 or a sniper at four. I like having to adapt when I get a bad 'roll of the dice.'
LethalQ wrote:
No, random req cards should be exactly that.... random. How ever what 343 needs to do is make wild cards in req packs that allow players to choose whatever req they want. There can be different level wild cards or vehicle wild cards, all kinds of possibilities.
Kinda defeats the purpose of the card, cause ya know...
Spoiler:
Show
I don't think you understand what the term "random" means. Besides, that would be hilariously broken. Why would you choose anything other than the same few weapons to dominate the game?
If a random REQ card lets you choose what card you want to receive from it, it kinda defeats the purpose of it being random...

Otherwise my level 3 random vehicles are now Hannibal Scorpions and Phaeton Helios.
Repurpose them then. Don't get hung up on how things are. Think of how they could be.
Repurpose them then. Don't get hung up on how things are. Think of how they could be.
Their purpose was to pick a random card...

Having a card that allows you to choose any weapon/vehicle means everyone will use it only to summon the high tier REQs.

Or like I said earlier: Otherwise my level 3 random vehicles are now Hannibal Scorpions and Phaeton Helios.
I think theyre fine the way they are now. Sometimes I just want to roll with a random card, see what I get, and try a different style of play. Its kind of fun.
That kind of cheapens Warzone even more doing it that way since everyone has the potential to have every item at their disposal as long as they have that REQ card.

It may cause less REQ grinding which 343 wouldn't like since all people would need is that card to get the weapons they want. They would have to make it a hard to get REQ card to prevent spamming.

People will most likely only use the best items available in the card anyway so there isn't really any risk to using it unlike a random REQ card.

You remove the fun of the randomness. It's probably the only REQ card that causes joy or disappointment when I use it.
Alright, how about instead of changing the random req cards they add another version. A req level or two higher that would randomly pick two items from the rarity level and let you pick between them. So the level 3 random req would have a level 4 version, the four would have a five version, and the five would have a six or seven version.
You do know the meaning of 'Random' don't you OP?
It's random for a reason mate.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2