Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Rank 152: Max Rank in Halo 5: Guardians

OP Brennenjamin

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Is it still possible or even somewhat realistic to try and grind out to 152? Have any hints been released as to what the "reward" is for those who achieve rank 152 in Halo: Infinite?

Just curious.
It depends how far along you are. If you are at least 149 and roughly get 100k in exp a day you could get there before H6 comes out which will be most likely in 2020.

A 343 employee has stated that the reward is a small "token" and that it wouldn't be much. No one knows precisely what it will be.
Is it still possible or even somewhat realistic to try and grind out to 152? Have any hints been released as to what the "reward" is for those who achieve rank 152 in Halo: Infinite?

Just curious.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 152 emblem for halo 6. Also if you get 200k exp everyday from SR 1. You will get to 152 in 250 days.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
You're currently at rank 145 so I would say no unless you played a unrealistic amount of time. To put it into perspective you are currently about 15.5% of the way to 152.
It's always possible since you don't have to stop playing once Infinite comes out.

Just curious.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 152 emblem for halo 6. Also if you get 200k exp everyday from SR 1. You will get to 152 in 250 days.
This what it's probably going to be. Either that or a weapon skin at the most.

If you want to get to 152 just for the sake of it: sure try it, I'd say it's still possible if you have a ton of free time to grind. But don't do it for the award. It ain't going to be worth the grind. I'm SR145 and honestly don't see a point in grinding to 152 (not that I could even if I wanted to :P).
Considering there isn't even a release date for H6 if you stick pretty much strictly to H5 and play a lot of warzone whether regular or firefight and use the XP boost/jackpots it's definitely possible.

Just curious.
Possible = yes
Realistic = depends on YOUR point of view
"reward" = a LITTLE (that is the KEY word) token for those that have/get to 152
Without a release date it’s hard to tell, but as I’m sure you know 150 is just the half way point.

Reviewing your service record you’re closer to that than most, but keep this tweet by Unyshek in mind before you dedicate a lot of time to hitting 152.
So what IS the best way to rank up? I absolutely despise Warzone and have played maybe 100 matches total. The feasibility of getting to 152 is pretty deterring when you look at the fact that I'm at a 149.5 and am not even halfway there yet lol.
Exenius wrote:
You're currently at rank 145 so I would say no unless you played a unrealistic amount of time. To put it into perspective you are currently about 15.5% of the way to 152.
Because everything is better in a spreadsheet I worked it out (I am at 141 right now): if I got 100k experience a day (which I'm calculating as about an hour and a half of play per day) it would take me until March 2020 to get there.

So if you want to do it and that kind of time commitment either on a daily or weekly basis isn't a massive turn off for you then go for it. In the short term I am probably going to try to play as much as I can each day, but realistically I foresee this becoming a 'would be nice, but can't be bothered'. With the right team and companions it could be fun and I'm going to try to revive my mostly inactive groups to that end, but recent experiences of the number of players matched onto my teams being idle or quitting games mean that some playlists are simply unplayable at certain times of the day unless you like being spawn-killed ad nauseam.

For me Halo 5's multiplayer's biggest problem still remains that some players simply take the fun out of it for others: balance you can argue about until the cows come home, but the more stats we produce and the more grindy we make things the more players will try to make the game all about farming. If I have 30 minutes to kill it is still the game of choice for me to pick up and play, but if I have an evening of console time I'm far more likely to reach for something else for a bigger 'session'.
So what IS the best way to rank up? I absolutely despise Warzone and have played maybe 100 matches total. The feasibility of getting to 152 is pretty deterring when you look at the fact that I'm at a 149.5 and am not even halfway there yet lol.
Well if you despise Warzone then the best option right now is holiday fiesta since most games are around 5 minutes or soo. The playlist also is featured soo gives extra XP. When the arena boost packs come out make sure to grab a bunch of those you get 20 and each one will give you around 5K XP.

As far as playlists that will always be around Swat and Infection are probably the best for XP but could understand why you might not enjoy those. The game was pretty well set up with Warzone being required to hit max rank since it gives you double the XP or more.
I'm halfway through 148. I'm going to try to get there by march-april 2020.

The infinite reward is not my motivation. Halo 5 is really all I play, so it's probably just going to happen anyway.

I did 1 thru mid 148 in almost exactly 1 year just by playing. I'll probably have to start playing specific playlists more to maximize xp if I'm actually going to get to 152.
Well if you despise Warzone then the best option right now is holiday fiesta since most games are around 5 minutes or soo. The playlist also is featured soo gives extra XP. When the arena boost packs come out make sure to grab a bunch of those you get 20 and each one will give you around 5K XP.

As far as playlists that will always be around Swat and Infection are probably the best for XP but could understand why you might not enjoy those. The game was pretty well set up with Warzone being required to hit max rank since it gives you double the XP or more.
Yeah I always either played Ranked or BTB, with BTB taking the cheese on time played for me. I had 100 Legendary XP packs for Arena but still always felt like I wasn't moving anywhere. SWAT and Infection are definitely at the bottom of my "fun" list, but if Featured playlists give out more I'll start hitting those up as they come out, especially Grifball as rotational.

Yeah I always either played Ranked or BTB, with BTB taking the cheese on time played for me. I had 100 Legendary XP packs for Arena but still always felt like I wasn't moving anywhere. SWAT and Infection are definitely at the bottom of my "fun" list, but if Featured playlists give out more I'll start hitting those up as they come out, especially Grifball as rotational.
Yea I can understand that if it's something you don't enjoy it would feel like a chore to play. I know what you mean even most pro players aren't max rank and they have played a ton of games. Wish they put even XP between arena and warzone to make it more fair. Grifball is definitely a good choice since you can get quick games but not sure when will be back
i think that 152 is a worthwhile experience...if i play arena :3

Just curious.
The reward for reaching level 152 in Halo 5 is a top secret emblem. But, keep in mind that it will require you to obtain 50M xp in Halo 5 which is a pretty time consuming process. However, the process of reaching the final rank is actually a bit shorter than reaching Inheritor in Halo Reach which requires the player to obtain 20M Cr.

Just curious.
The reward for reaching level 152 in Halo 5 is a top secret emblem. But, keep in mind that it will require you to obtain 50M xp in Halo 5 which is a pretty time consuming process. However, the process of reaching the final rank is actually a bit shorter than reaching Inheritor in Halo Reach which requires the player to obtain 20M Cr.
That sounds like something you might have to back up with actual sources. From what i understand, reaching 152 takes longer than inheritor.

Just curious.
You are wrong here 152 requires 50mil XP in Reach it only requires 20mil Xp, 152 is way worse than reach's inheritor.

Also i would add if you played 4 hours a day every week you could hit inheritor in about 4 months of game play in reach.

If your talking about cumulative i might be able to see your point but could you possibly elaborate on your post so we can solve this?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2