Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Rank 152: Max Rank in Halo 5: Guardians

OP Brennenjamin

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
It would be nice if it was
As a 152 myself whom got 1mil in 1 day. It’s completely realistic for anyone to reach 152 by 2020 by playing 100k-200k exp a day. Which can be 2-3 hours.
Regice554 wrote:
Is it still possible or even somewhat realistic to try and grind out to 152? Have any hints been released as to what the "reward" is for those who achieve rank 152 in Halo: Infinite?

Just curious.
The reward for reaching level 152 in Halo 5 is a top secret emblem. But, keep in mind that it will require you to obtain 50M xp in Halo 5 which is a pretty time consuming process. However, the process of reaching the final rank is actually a bit shorter than reaching Inheritor in Halo Reach which requires the player to obtain 20M Cr.
That sounds like something you might have to back up with actual sources. From what i understand, reaching 152 takes longer than inheritor.
I have made some testing to give some raw data about XP/CR payouts from a given playlist in both Halo Reach and Halo 5. The choice of the playlist was mainly due to personal preference and that Luke TheNotable recommended to play in these playlists for ranking up in Halo Reach and Halo 5 respectively.

The analyzed playlists was Score Attack in Halo Reach and Heroic Warzone Firefight in Halo 5.

Firstly, lets take a closer look what an average completed match in 2x Score Attack in Halo Reach gave me in Credits per minute. From a total of 5 recorded matches, the average CR per minute was 194 CR while the max was 211 CR and the min was 169. The main difference in payouts can be referred to slightly different playstyles based on the map and the highest per minute payout could be seen from the shortest match.

However, there do also exist few elements of uncertainty like none Milestone Commendation CR and especially the Slot Machine. However, the amount of CR given from Commendations did actually stay fairly consistent at around 854 CR per match or if you took playtime into consideration around 100 CR/min. But this number could also get increased with an improved playstyle and higher efficiency at conquering the opposition. Another factor which had a much greater effect on the data was actually the Slot Machine which gave in average only 258 CR/ match. But the uncertainty of this figure is only due to a too small sample size and based on previous testing, the average slot machine payout is at this state of the game around 300-400 CR/match which is much higher.

I did also notice that 2x Score Attack was also far from the most efficient method at ranking up in Halo Reach and that this title belongs to the Crashsite playlist in Halo Reach if you have a playstyle to die quickly while still taking down as many enemies as possible to a shorter timeframe between each Slot Machine reward. Based on 2 different matches, I would receive around 300 CR/min from a 2.5 to a 3.5 min match with an aggressive playstyle.

If we assume that the average CR payout per minute is between 200 and 350 CR, it would take 40-70 days of active playtime to reach the final rank. If you include few bonuses like weekly challenges and Commendation milestones, you may be able to reach the max ranking in a slightly shorter timeframe.

Secondly, if we take a closer look at Halo 5 and the Heroic Warzone Firefight playlist, the testing did actually show fixed CR payouts and that a game completion would award 1,010 XP for completion, and that you will get a pretty high XP bonus if you get ranked highest. You will also get a fixed amount of XP per completed wave of 359 XP per wave. When we take the match length of 4 matches into consideration when calculating the XP payout per minute, you will get in average 528 XP/min with a peak of 628 XP/min from a 14.5 min winning match and 378 XP/min from a match lost in the final wave.

Based on these figures, it's fairly reasonable to assume that the average XP payout per minute from a Heroic Warzone Firefight game will be around 450 to 600 XP per minute which would result in that you will reach the final rank in 60 to 80 days. But like in Halo Reach, the numbers can be greatly reduced if the XP boosts takes into consideration and if you play double XP playlists. For instance, a rare XP Boost in Warzone will exactly give 4,488 XP which is a lot for a 15 to 20 min game.

In conclusion, the data is pretty inaccurate due to a lot of factors which corresponds to uncertainty but it can at least give an estimate for a max time requirement in a specific playlist to reach a certain rank if we assume that the XP/CR payouts are constant per rank. The main factor for uncertainty in Halo Reach are the Slot Machine and Weekly/Daily challenges which can offer a substantial boost. On the other hand, for Halo 5, the biggest uncertainty if the XP boosts and if there exists a better playlist due to double XP payouts in a given playlist. Another factor for uncertainty in Halo 5 is that Arena didn't get included in the analysis.

Here is finally the data collected.
Spoiler:
Show
Is it still possible or even somewhat realistic to try and grind out to 152? Have any hints been released as to what the "reward" is for those who achieve rank 152 in Halo: Infinite?

Just curious.
The reward for reaching level 152 in Halo 5 is a top secret emblem. But, keep in mind that it will require you to obtain 50M xp in Halo 5 which is a pretty time consuming process. However, the process of reaching the final rank is actually a bit shorter than reaching Inheritor in Halo Reach which requires the player to obtain 20M Cr.
You are wrong here 152 requires 50mil XP in Reach it only requires 20mil Xp, 152 is way worse than reach's inheritor.

Also i would add if you played 4 hours a day every week you could hit inheritor in about 4 months of game play in reach.

If your talking about cumulative i might be able to see your point but could you possibly elaborate on your post so we can solve this?
The main thing I refer to is that the XP payouts in Halo 5 is substantially larger in Halo 5 which means that you can collect XP at a much quicker rate than in Halo Reach which negate most of the difference in the total XP/CR requirement for reaching the final rank.

Just curious.
You are wrong here 152 requires 50mil XP in Reach it only requires 20mil Xp, 152 is way worse than reach's inheritor.

Also i would add if you played 4 hours a day every week you could hit inheritor in about 4 months of game play in reach.

If your talking about cumulative i might be able to see your point but could you possibly elaborate on your post so we can solve this?
The main thing I refer to is that the XP payouts in Halo 5 is substantially larger in Halo 5 which means that you can collect XP at a much quicker rate than in Halo Reach which negate most of the difference in the total XP/CR requirement for reaching the final rank.
Watch LuketheNotable's videos on YouTube about "What It Takes To Reach Max Rank In ____" Halo 5 and Halo reach for a solid comparison. Overall, they're both insane, and I think Halo 5's is even more insane and far less rewarding. People like MintBlitz and Vetoed that have played Halo 5 and make videos for it for a LIVING still aren't at max rank, so I'm skeptical about the "play a few hours every day and you'll be fine". Consider all of the days you don't have time to play at all/vacations you go on/life that happens that prevent that consistency. If you're like me and have a lot of that, then getting to rank 152 by Infinite isn't feasible.

If you think you can absolutely grind almost non-stop til that release, then grind your heart out and get that reward. I'm sure 343 will do their best to make it worth it for those that grinded but not "Flaming reconz" that people like me that can't do it would be super angry about.
Already 144 might as well finish

Just curious.

Watch LuketheNotable's videos on YouTube about "What It Takes To Reach Max Rank In ____" Halo 5 and Halo reach for a solid comparison. Overall, they're both insane, and I think Halo 5's is even more insane and far less rewarding. People like MintBlitz and Vetoed that have played Halo 5 and make videos for it for a LIVING still aren't at max rank, so I'm skeptical about the "play a few hours every day and you'll be fine". Consider all of the days you don't have time to play at all/vacations you go on/life that happens that prevent that consistency. If you're like me and have a lot of that, then getting to rank 152 by Infinite isn't feasible.

If you think you can absolutely grind almost non-stop til that release, then grind your heart out and get that reward. I'm sure 343 will do their best to make it worth it for those that grinded but not "Flaming reconz" that people like me that can't do it would be super angry about.
I haven't said that the process of reaching the max rank is short, the only thing I have said is that the process of reaching max rank in Halo 5 may be slightly shorter than in Halo Reach.

At this time, I have also started to record detailed statistics about the Credit system in Halo Reach and the XP System in Halo 5 in order to get a better picture about length of the process for reaching the maximum rank. When it comes to the videos made by LukeTheNotable, his calculations present some minor flaws between the game which makes it a bit trickier to get a fair comparison between the games.

It's also important to note with Halo Reach when viewing the process for reaching the max rank that a lot of changes has been made to the Credit system since its introduction like the introduction of the Slot Machine and the major reduction in Credit payouts from time invested.
playing infection can bang out some massive xp guys. just played 4 games about 9 minute matches and got 56k xp w/boost on
Already 144 might as well finish
You're just over 14.5% of the way there, good luck on your grind Spartan!
Nalla78 wrote:
As a 152 myself whom got 1mil in 1 day. It’s completely realistic for anyone to reach 152 by 2020 by playing 100k-200k exp a day. Which can be 2-3 hours.
Yeah, that's what I've been attempting. So far I like the numbers, but wow it's a grind.
Considering I play 3-6 nights...per month...I doubt I'll reach it, but I'll still attempt it nonetheless.
i got 152 when getting games wasn't hard... now 152 might not be worth it. imo if you're not half way through 151 then theres no point in going for 152... and theres been one hint towards the reward for 152 ---> LINK
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2