Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Rank Locking For Select Players

OP APBsniper

Recently I've noticed that ranking up is extremely inconsistent and different than it once was. The past 20 or so games I've played I didnt rank up once, and I only lost about 3 of said games. I'm onyx 1765 atm and it's not like I'm only ranking up by one, I'm not moving at all for any wins and I've been carrying for the majority of the games with the same people I've always played with for years.

I've noticed that they have also been ranking up slower than usual, but aren't completely rank locked.
Some of my other friends rank up by about 7 onyx ranks per win and only go down by 1 for losing even if they are doing horrible for all the games.
Why is this? How come some people play poorly and rank up fighting lower ranks, while others play well and dont move fighting higher ranks.
I will direct you to this thread for some basic information on how the ranking system currently works.

And if that isn't enough, you can post your questions in this thread here, and the guy behind the ranking system just may respond to you.
I will direct you to this thread for some basic information on how the ranking system currently works.

And if that isn't enough, you can post your questions in this thread here, and the guy behind the ranking system just may respond to you.
Thanks, looks like I have to get new friends to rank up tho.