Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Rank up and get terrible teammates

OP SolidMantis3854

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I recently played 14 games of slayer after hitting diamond 5. I managed to win 4 of the games. I lost 6 of the games and quite 4 others because of really bad or quiting teammates. I didn't even hit onyx yet. Why would I all of a sudden start to get such bad teammates? One game I had two teammates with 1 kill each. The majority of the other games had similiar teammates. I know this game tries to make you win and lose half of your matches on purpose, but I am now losing almost every match. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there anyway to avoid this happening? I can't always party up with people because a lot of people don't want to play slayer. My games probably would have been worse but have dodged about 5 lobbies all with 4 matching emblems I would have had to face.
I recently played 14 games of slayer after hitting diamond 5. I managed to win 4 of the games. I lost 6 of the games and quite 4 others because of really bad or quiting teammates. I didn't even hit onyx yet.
Can't win when you quit and you're not going to hit Onyx purposely taking a loss by quitting.
KayMrt wrote:
I recently played 14 games of slayer after hitting diamond 5. I managed to win 4 of the games. I lost 6 of the games and quite 4 others because of really bad or quiting teammates. I didn't even hit onyx yet.
Can't win when you quit and you're not going to hit Onyx purposely taking a loss by quitting.
I quit games when we were down 30+ kills only. I don't care about my rank. I just want to play fair matches on the maps in the slayer playlist. Two of my games I had an onyx player committing suicide repeatedly to derank. My point in saying I didn't hit onyx, was to show that i'm not even that high of a rank and am somehow supposed to have fun carrying teammates that go negative 15.
KayMrt wrote:
I quit games when we were down 30+ kills only. I don't care about my rank. I just want to play fair matches on the maps in the slayer playlist. Two of my games I had an onyx player committing suicide repeatedly to derank. My point in saying I didn't hit onyx, was to show that i'm not even that high of a rank and am somehow supposed to have fun carrying teammates that go negative 15.
If you commit suicide three straight times, you will be kicked out of the game and banned for a short period of time. This shouldn't be a major problem causing you to lose 20 points.
KayMrt wrote:
KayMrt wrote:
If you commit suicide three straight times, you will be kicked out of the game and banned for a short period of time. This shouldn't be a major problem causing you to lose 20 points.
It was a big deal because the person doing this was onyx. The matchmaking system put him on my team twice because he was a good player. He and I both were supposed to do well, while our other two teammates were not as good. So, when you match a team communicating it becomes a big deal. The onyx player was feeding and killing himself, while my other teammates were not so good. The whole purpose of this post is to find out if there is a way to get better matches. I don't care about csr. I don't know why you are hung up on that. You are giving me advice to get to onyx, when you have not reached onyx yourself.
When you get in the higher ranks, it's going to be harder to get wins by just using individual skill. If your team isn't communicating, you're probably going to lose more or have more games where you go negative against other decent players which is likely why your teammates had bad games.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
When you get in the higher ranks, it's going to be harder to get wins by just using individual skill. If your team isn't communicating, you're probably going to lose more or have more games where you go negative against other decent players which is likely why your teammates had bad games.
I communicate but a lot of people don't have mics. I used to play solo in slayer and get fairer games, but lately the games have been really one sided. I'm guessing the population is just causing bad teams.
Does this happen to anyone else?
Yes..... quite a bit.
Is there anyway to avoid this happening? I can't always party up with people because a lot of people don't want to play slayer.
By partying up. Find some players to play with and make sure they are good. Sometimes the game will match you up with a team of Onyx players just so that you will lose. It has happened to me a lot. 3 Onyx and 1 Diamond 5 against an Onyx and 3 platinums.
Does this happen to anyone else?
Yes..... quite a bit.
Is there anyway to avoid this happening? I can't always party up with people because a lot of people don't want to play slayer.
By partying up. Find some players to play with and make sure they are good. Sometimes the game will match you up with a team of Onyx players just so that you will lose. It has happened to me a lot. 3 Onyx and 1 Diamond 5 against an Onyx and 3 platinums.
Rolling with a squad is always the best bet to ranking up.
I recently played 14 games of slayer after hitting diamond 5. I managed to win 4 of the games. I lost 6 of the games and quite 4 others because of really bad or quiting teammates. I didn't even hit onyx yet. Why would I all of a sudden start to get such bad teammates? One game I had two teammates with 1 kill each. The majority of the other games had similiar teammates. I know this game tries to make you win and lose half of your matches on purpose, but I am now losing almost every match. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there anyway to avoid this happening? I can't always party up with people because a lot of people don't want to play slayer. My games probably would have been worse but have dodged about 5 lobbies all with 4 matching emblems I would have had to face.
That's the story of every Halo solo player dude you're better off getting friends.
I hear you bro. Was close to diamond two a couple of days ago and now I'm barely hanging on to platinum 5 in slayer. Have won a single game out of about 12! The system is a -Yoinking!- joke!!!
KayMrt wrote:
KayMrt wrote:
It was a big deal because the person doing this was onyx. The matchmaking system put him on my team twice because he was a good player. He and I both were supposed to do well, while our other two teammates were not as good. So, when you match a team communicating it becomes a big deal. The onyx player was feeding and killing himself, while my other teammates were not so good. The whole purpose of this post is to find out if there is a way to get better matches. I don't care about csr. I don't know why you are hung up on that. You are giving me advice to get to onyx, when you have not reached onyx yourself.
You already know the answer to your question bro. A way to get better matches is in your own decision to try and team up with people. When I play alone I want to Uninstall the game. My performance sucks, sometimes it's good, sometimes team mates are terrible and sometimes I'm the terrible player. So I decided to look for players here and luckily began teaming up. Then we found others to team up as well. We have fun, communicate, win some lose some, but all agree that we individually have much more fun playing as a team together. Of course not all of us are always on, but there's like a handful of us basically introducing friends to friends. The most important thing is to just not be a whiny child when losing...not blaming people especially if you want to actually play with others....constructive criticism is ok of course.

Slayers also my fave playlist. You're welcome to join us anytime we got room.

And yes...I've gone through facing onyx and Champs in ridiculous lopsided matches while playing alone yet in a team the matches end up being more fair. I'm not onyx either.
Matchmaking favors only team players, solo players are left there to lose. Everytime you play solo, you get terrible team and get matches against full teams. It should be like on halo 3 where you could not match a team of 4 if you play solo. Only team of 4 gets matched against other team of 4. It was fair. Halo 5 matchmaking is the worst in the Series yet and I hope infinite does not have similar system. Cheers.
Get a squad.
You're just ignoring his problem entirely. Why are players forced to play with full teams to avoid being paired up with non-similarly skilled players in a terrible matchmaking system? I'm a champion tier player who was playing with two other champions as my teammates in my fireteam, and we got paired up with a negative level 14 on our team who wasn't even a smurf account in ranked matchmaking. The matchmaking system is completely broken when it comes to finding closely matched players, it's a simple fact. We shouldn't be forced to have to pick up people in order to have fun on Halo 5. With such a heavy emphasis on ranked and competitive gameplay, Halo 5 should absolutely have a better skill-search system put in place.
Get a squad.
So playing single is a no go because I dont care enough to group with people...?
Get a squad.
You're just ignoring his problem entirely. Why are players forced to play with full teams to avoid being paired up with non-similarly skilled players in a terrible matchmaking system? I'm a champion tier player who was playing with two other champions as my teammates in my fireteam, and we got paired up with a negative level 14 on our team who wasn't even a smurf account in ranked matchmaking. The matchmaking system is completely broken when it comes to finding closely matched players, it's a simple fact. We shouldn't be forced to have to pick up people in order to have fun on Halo 5. With such a heavy emphasis on ranked and competitive gameplay, Halo 5 should absolutely have a better skill-search system put in place.
The problem is "The system gives me bad teammates". My solution, "Get a squad", takes the system out of the equation. That's all. If you don't want to play with a full squad, that's fine. But you then willingly let the system choose whoever it deems appropriate to fill however many slots are open in an attempt to make as fair a match as possible.

Get a squad.
So playing single is a no go because I dont care enough to group with people...?
Of course not. But if you want your teammates to be good every single time you play a game, getting a squad just might help you achieve that goal.
Sounds like a nice business opportunity is available after reading the comments. Join me at squads for all of us dot com if youre tired of the silent same old frustrating slayer match. Or just try it out for the excitement simliar to apps
like tinder, except youll very quickly see how much better being in a foursome is. Lol
Get a squad.
The problem is "The system gives me bad teammates". My solution, "Get a squad", takes the system out of the equation. That's all. If you don't want to play with a full squad, that's fine. But you then willingly let the system choose whoever it deems appropriate to fill however many slots are open in an attempt to make as fair a match as possible.

Get a squad.
Of course not. But if you want your teammates to be good every single time you play a game, getting a squad just might help you achieve that goal.
I dont need my teammates to be good every game! I need them to be DECENT every game instead of playing like confused bots!
I dont need my teammates to be good every game! I need them to be DECENT every game instead of playing like confused bots!
Perhaps that day will come when matchmaking systems are able to control human behavior and force us to play every game to the best of our ability. Until then, though, you roll the dice when you leave it up to the system to decide who your teammates are. In that case, all you can do is deal with it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2