Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Ranked BTB Still Dead? Can't Find Any Games At All

OP MagnusFarseeR

I have not played Ranked BTB for a while now and have played Big Team Fiesta a lot instead but I wanna return to Ranked BTB but I can't get in any games. It is also like this during 6pm-11pm eastern time zone. What is going on? Is anyone able to play Ranked BTB?
I have not played Ranked BTB for a while now and have played Big Team Fiesta a lot instead
There's the main problem. If people went back to regular BTB instead of playing the Super Fiesta version all the time, we would be able to find games.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I have not played Ranked BTB for a while now and have played Big Team Fiesta a lot instead
There's the main problem. If people went back to regular BTB instead of playing the Super Fiesta version all the time, we would be able to find games.
I only started playing BTF because I could not get into Ranked BTB games. It used to have more people now it is dead, frustrating because it is one of my favorite playlists.
They need to remove BTB fiesta, no point on having 2 fiesta modes & we already got BTB
They need to remove BTB fiesta, no point on having 2 fiesta modes & we already got BTB
I like BTB fiesta. Before there was no issues with getting into a Ranked BTB match but since late October it's unplayable, I don't know why. I am Diamond 2 but rank doesn't matter as much for BTB so matchmaking should not be so restrictive with that.
343 already commented about it a long time ago, but I'll give you the cliff notes. 25% of the players in H5 are dedicated Fiesta players so it doesn't really matter how many Fiesta playlists there are as long as they perform well and BTFiesta isn't getting removed as long as it has a higher population than the regular version.

but since late October it's unplayable, I don't know why.
Well COD released in late October and you also had the Xbox Reach flight and now the PC flight which are likely taking away a lot of population.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
343 already commented about it a long time ago, but I'll give you the cliff notes. 25% of the players in H5 are dedicated Fiesta players so it doesn't really matter how many Fiesta playlists there are as long as they perform well and BTFiesta isn't getting removed as long as it has a higher population than the regular version.
And it certainly DOES because its more casual and casual modes have always had higher overall population counts.
And of course there's the alure of getting a Nornfang and snagging a quadfeed.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Search times are very long in BTB even during peak times it appears.
343 needs to revive Ranked BTB by adding some more new maps. Adding new maps to the rotation of Ranked BTB every 3 months will keep players coming back for more since all the maps in it are Forge maps anyway. I always wanted to see a Halo 5 version of Hemorrhage in BTB, my favourite BTB map from Halo Reach.
I don't think that would be a sustainable solution. Making and testing maps can sometimes take several months and then saturating the playlist with maps every season just lessens the chances for it to be played. If you replace maps, then that can cause issues as well since you're possibly removing a good map.