Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Ranking system is fine.

OP TraadeMerK

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Quit crying about it people. The population is low, matching will be affected as such. The system is accurate, and Josh has explained it many times but people simply cannot fathom what they read, or are ignorant.

As for those people winning countless games and not going up, you simply need to get better. Not everybody is cut out to be a champion, even in 2020. Also, stats don't mattee to a degree, I know people with 600 games and a 75% win in Slayer who are stuck at Onyx 1800, despite my fewer than 100 games and being at 1970 with a weak 50% win.

Tl;dr People need to research the ranking system or simply get better, no excuses.

No idea why I made this post, but I heard too many people claim the ranking system sucks. IT DOESN'T.
TraadeMerK wrote:
Quit crying about it people. The population is low, matching will be affected as such. The system is accurate, and Josh has explained it many times but people simply cannot fathom what they read, or are ignorant.

As for those people winning countless games and not going up, you simply need to get better. Not everybody is cut out to be a champion, even in 2020. Also, stats don't mattee to a degree, I know people with 600 games and a 75% win in Slayer who are stuck at Onyx 1800, despite my fewer than 100 games and being at 1970 with a weak 50% win.

Tl;dr People need to research the ranking system or simply get better, no excuses.

No idea why I made this post, but I heard too many people claim the ranking system sucks. IT DOESN'T.
agreed.
people hate earning things and just want max rank to be handed to them easily
<p></p>
TraadeMerK wrote:

No one is complaining about the ranking system.
The ranking is awesome, it’s even better than Halo 3’s. The MATCHMAKING system sucks because you will consistently either get paired with great teammates or terrible teammates. Not everyone has real world friends with an Xbox one to pair up with.
TraadeMerK wrote:

The ranking is awesome, it’s even better than Halo 3’s. The MATCHMAKING system sucks because you will consistently either get paired with great teammates or terrible teammates. Not everyone has real world friends with an Xbox one to pair up with.
group posts,message people after the game, or do ranked head to head or ffa?
<p></p>
It's still not exactly the best system imo, even after a number of losses and not exactly great plays, I switch over to roaming king to match a team of 4 sweats all in the same company, granted we did win, just got mainly lucky with strategy and used teammates to distract while I picked them off from a distance plus one of them got kicked out of the game due to connection I'd assume so also got lucky there, although I wouldn't call matching teams of 4 while searching solo exactly fair, especially when they know a thing or two about the game and start crouch strafing. I've accepted what the system is as there's no real point complaining about it when halo 5 is on thin ice at this point. Like you said, the population is low so matching fair skill levels won't exactly be perfect. For what the system is though, it's not horrible, I know for a fact casuals have a much better time than the more sweatier players and everything seems to be more fair on there end which is good in some regard, although if this kinda thing is implemented for infinite, it needs to cater to everyone, party matching is the way to go imo as it seemed a bit more consistent, at least from previous experience.
How many times are we going to beat this dead horse?

I guess you can say that it's fine, yes, but it can definitely use some improvements
TraadeMerK wrote:
As for those people winning countless games and not going up, you simply need to get better.

What do you specifically mean by get better?
TraadeMerK wrote:

That's a population issue brotha. So no. It's fine.
Not really a population issue. Onyx in slayer goes up fairly high, yet the matchmaking likes to give mixed ranks. I'd rather verse a diamond 1 than a gold 5.

People complain because the ranking system was designed specifically to combat "grinding" rank, and accurately placing people in what they're supposed to be ranked. Yet, all it is, is grinding rank. You win 3 games, and you get hardly any rank, you lose 1 game, and you'll lose a whole rank.

I play FFA against champs constantly, because theres no Onyx players as far as I know. I had a game where I beat not one, but two of them in K/D, accuracy, and killed one of them the most. I placed second against champ 15, but that shouldn't matter. I beat 2 people in a league far greater than mine, and I didn't even get Diamond 4, I was still a diamond 3. I should've been rewarded a little more than half a rank.

Don't even get me started on SWAT, or the capping placement matches at diamond 3
D M4N8 wrote:

I guess you can say that it's fine, yes, but it can definitely use some improvements
exactly, the system can be 100% accurate, but it cant work with low population.
D M4N8 wrote:

Halo 5 problem is to rank 145 to 152 because the Xp needed are Eternal
D M4N8 wrote:

I'm not even referring to population at all.
Rossflex wrote:
TraadeMerK wrote:

<p></p>
Most players don't wanna do that though, the few that do it, do it out of pity.
Rossflex wrote:
TraadeMerK wrote:

<p></p>
Most players don't wanna do that though, the few that do it, do it out of pity.
well then they can continue to play with randoms and lose! I do think most ranked games should have a solo queue though halo has the population for it especially in infinite
I’m still kinda of lost, I don’t understand why when I win it grows almost nothing but when I lose one it goes down so fast. If someone can explain me please.
Xbox Chri wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:

Halo 5 problem is to rank 145 to 152 because the Xp needed are Eternal
That's not the same discussion.
Spartan Rank is not the same as your 'rank' in playlists - CSR.
I just hate that you don’t go up if the other team quits.

Win 3 games in a row and don’t go up because some guy on the other team cant handle losing.
Lose 1 game and go down 1/3 rank.

Its ridiculous.

Win 3 games in a row and don’t go up because some guy on the other team cant handle losing.

Its ridiculous.
But you're winning matches (probably easily) that you should win easily and presumably losing that one because it's more evenly matched.

What is the issue with that?
TraadeMerK wrote:

Ugh, it's broken because the populations are low. 1-50 is a million times better. No one cares about the ranking system when there is no population to support it. And thats coming from a champion. Its so low onyx doesnt even exhist is most playlists.

Its ridiculous.
But you're winning matches (probably easily) that you should win easily and presumably losing that one because it's more evenly matched.

What is the issue with that?
Because if 100% of the games I lose I go down, but only 50% of the games I win I go up because someone rage quits, it’s not a balanced system. If someone from the other team quits then give me half the csr you would give me if no one quit. I think that’s the reasonable solution.

. It’s such an obvious flaw I have never met someone who would say nothing is wrong with that issue (other team quits so no csr).

Also, I did not request to be matched up with an “easily winnable” opponent. The system did that, and when they quit the system punishes the winning team with no csr.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2